What sort of ATM are you?

16 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im seeking harmony and freedom, having a wife working for nothing, what point is it to retire early, if my wife is going to work for nothing?

We are working together, making a future for us where we create freedom for us investing in a sustainable lifestyle both in Thailand and Norway. A life without dreams and hope as well love? What is that kind of life? 

Enjoy Norway.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not an ATM, many guys, maybe most like to think they aren't ATMs but we know they are really

Even you are an atm paying for short time, which you couldnt have done without a visit to your closest atm 😉

Edited by Hummin
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

If you’re not involved in a relationship with someone that works, generate income and doesn't ask for money and yet involved in a relationship(s) in need of money then you’re definitely an ATM, no matter where on earth you live.

Back home women supported themselves always did for me, here we know the man is often the job so need to pay the woman a salary etc, not all but most

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's different, it's the ATMs who pay monthly salaries, buy cars and motorbikes, money for buffalo, houses etc

How much a month do you pay out?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, many will say they give them nothing.  Yet, they are paying the rent,  food, car or motorbike, incidentals or clothes, etc.

So, what is that?  These guys are paying and are an ATM,  but they will say they are not. Shows how naive they are about what is truly going on.

Its their money. Why do you care?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

I am a (mostly reasonably) happy ATM.

I give my b/f 35K฿ every fortnight for all expenses - house repairs by family, lawn mowing by family, Lotus, Tops, petrol, vast poverty-stricken family ... He has no other source. Needless to say, he runs out of shekels after 10 days, sometimes 5. So I fork out some more. But I manage to save some monies in Oz to cover the annual big bills - life insurance, house insurance, car insurance, trips to Bangers ... and we're planning  our first (for him) trip to Europe next May.

Life is hard but we manage.

70,000 baht a month. Life doesnt sound too hard. The average Thai earns 15,000 a month.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Back home women supported themselves always did for me, here we know the man is often the job so need to pay the woman a salary etc, not all but most

Never had any interest in needy women. Like ambitious independent minded women who are capable of thinking for themselves. The problem is, most guys that come here are desperate, desperate people attract desperate people. Then it becomes their world and are under the delusion that all women here are no different than the ones they gravitate toward. 

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, many will say they give them nothing.  Yet, they are paying the rent,  food, car or motorbike, incidentals or clothes, etc.

So, what is that?  These guys are paying and are an ATM,  but they will say they are not. Shows how naive they are about what is truly going on.

Happy to comfort your view, and happy say it is a great solution. 

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

Imagine that the people closest to you, the ones you've been taught to love, cherish, and trust; where instead using you for their own ends. That rather than an individual person worthy of consideration and respect, they saw you as either an inconvenience or a tool.  Is she the enemy?

So how about you?  Did you get married and a life sentence?  Or are you keeping it casual?

The binary choice you present highlights more of your own issues than anyone else's.

Do you shoehorn everyone else's relationship into one of those two pigeonholes; 'life sentence' or 'keeping it casual' ?

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, susanlea said:

How much a month do you pay out?

the term ATM refers to a woman usually, able to withdraw money repeatedly on demand, which many wives and girlfriends do, not the same

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What you forget, when I pay, it is for us, our future, our relationship where she contributes greatly and makes my life better, and I make her life better, as it should be. You simplifie it and makes it dirty, becouse that fits your view and your experiences from your stand. 

Yeah yours is different, you are describing it as many ATMs would do

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the term ATM refers to a woman usually, able to withdraw money repeatedly on demand, which many wives and girlfriends do, not the same

If similar money i dont see the difference