What makes life in Thailand still so great?

10 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

..and a wonderful wife 

I have a wonderful wife for 21 years live in a warm climate have good food every day and yes, my wife is Thai, but we moved away from Thailand (the grass is not always greener on the other site)

Edited by still kicking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2024 at 4:13 AM, Presnock said:

Travelling outside BKK was easy in the "old" days, many times we would drive early morning to HuaHin, be the only people literally on the entire beach, enjoy the day there, giant prawns 1 dollar each and the size of lobsters truly, then drive back to BKK in the late afternoon.

I, too, worry very much that our oceans are so obviously dying.

Tonnage of what we take from the sea just continues to increase.

My guess is that in 2024, this year, life in Thailand will be far better than in 2034.

And also, 2024 will be slightly better than 2025, on the whole, and both environmentally speaking, as well as considering the societal implications of our progress from 2024 to 2025, and then to 2034.

Therefore, we should be mindful of our unique time in history, and we should not waste a minute of what we are still able to enjoy in 2024, and what is becoming gradually lost, as our years are lost to history.

8 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Wow, your relationship is such an inspiration! 👍

My ultimate goal is to live in a house I own with my wife just like you two. Falling asleep next to each other every night just like you. Having someone I can trust who never leaves me. Sharing our financial success together.

You're so lucky. You're literally living every persons dream. ☺️

Sounds too good to be true.

On 7/13/2024 at 3:44 PM, BangkokBernie said:

Good analysis of how foreigners in Thailand no longer seem exotic to the locals. But that doesn't necessarily change the lifestyle of a foreigner in Thailand. I also don't think that the foreign men living in Thailand will struggle to find a local partner if they want one simply because of dating apps and the digital revolution.

Anyway, my questions were more about what draws foreigners to the lifestyle in Thailand rather than how the locals may now feel about foreigners. 

Also, the friends of mine who finally left, didn't leave for any of those reasons. They mainly missed the natural and clean environments of where they came from. They missed hiking, the seasons, the outdoors, the better air quality, etc and they seemed to have gotten a bit tired of all the adventure when living in a developing country. 

Yeah, no deep analysis by me just throwing out some possibilities.

I personally miss sept thru Dec 31 in USA.  it's the change of seasons from hot summer to winter and it's all the extended family holidays.  NOt to mention our favorite sports season for both the pro's and college.  Man, I really miss attending college game days.

And of course family and some close friends.

On 7/15/2024 at 4:37 PM, BangkokReady said:

Not just that, people are picking the most toxic sides from each culture.  Thai people seem to want the rights of Western culture with the benefits of Thai culture.  "Give me this, give me that, I don't have to listen to you, but still talk nicely to me and don't criticise me or I'll lose my sh*t."

I'm not too familiar here with all that as I'm pretty isolated.  But yes many like to cherry pick benefits but not take on the responsibilities that would would have had to be completed to get such respect before actually getting it.

I follow you.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/15/2024 at 5:43 PM, AnotherOneHere said:

Wow, your relationship is such an inspiration! 👍

My ultimate goal is to live in a house I own with my wife just like you two. Falling asleep next to each other every night just like you. Having someone I can trust who never leaves me. Sharing our financial success together.

You're so lucky. You're literally living every persons dream. ☺️

We do, spooning every night like cats, never enough. It feels good when together and awful when not. 

On top of each other all day long.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Spooning is never as good as face to face.

Falk asleep, yes, but snoring, and our breath is not exactly like strawberries anymore, and considering we have slightly different diet occasionally makes it a hard test.

Spoining is easier when turning, and more natural position. 

20 hours ago, Hummin said:

We do, spooning every night like cats, never enough. It feels good when together and awful when not. 

On top of each other all day long.

Post photos or it didn't happen. 

• Haha 1

Depends on what you want. For me, I have lived in many countries for work and Thailand is the most laid back, accepting and beautiful country I have been to. I must like it, I have been here for over 30 years.