Brits In Pattaya

degodasilva

21 minutes ago, harryviking said:

I need to know where to find the best British pub to get a decent English breakfast and dinner!! Anyone? 

I'm not sure if you are taking the pish or not but I'm told by a few friends who reside in Pattaya that the breakfast here is pretty good (never been myself). It's not a pub but does sell alcohol.

They also recommend the 'English takeaway style' Chinese food.

https://www.facebook.com/kungshotsausage/menu/

38 minutes ago, harryviking said:

I need to know where to find the best British pub to get a decent English breakfast and dinner!! Anyone? 

Try Robin Hood Tavern at Avenue Mall. It's pricier than most other places but quality food makes it value for money.

The Build Your Own breakfast menu gives you a great breadth of choice.

Owned by a Brit and managed by a Belgian.

The Sportsman accross 2nd Rd on Soi 13 is popular and The Swan on Soi 13/1 is one of my cheaper favourites if RHT is a bit too much to pay.

I wondered if he was serious too. But good recommendations by Champers.

However, he says he needs to know if there’s not only the best British pub that does a English breakfast but also an English dinner. 

Not asking a lot then.

Edited by ArnieP

11 hours ago, harryviking said:

It's not a pub, but Nicky's may fit the bill. 

17 hours ago, ArnieP said:

I wondered if he was serious too. But good recommendations by Champers.

However, he says he needs to know if there’s not only the best British pub that does a English breakfast but also an English dinner. 

Not asking a lot then.

A little bit out of Town but The Caddyshack will fill all your requirements......best pies in Pattaya also.....:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, JackSinclair said:

Witherspoons would be the best in Buakhow for English food.

You are even allowed to smoke ciggies whilst you eat your breaky.

And ...the tobacco smoke can be shared equally with the person dining next to you. Who cares if they don't even smoke!!

All turbo boosted by the surrounding wall fans.  What's not to like?

You mean to say you smoke while people are eating???? How selfish is that? I was going to try it, now I know not to bother.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/15/2024 at 3:54 PM, Olmate said:

Errm, Siamburis is an.expat.shop.. No? 

Screenshot_20240715-154955.jpg

Only problem is no transport, I mean no Baht busses. I think Siambury's would really well if it was nearer central Pattaya instead of away up in the wilds.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/15/2024 at 8:28 PM, CallumWK said:

If you do some googling for Bryan Flowers, and i don't mean his own websites or youtube channels, you quickly find out what kind of lowlife loser he is

I don't know the guy, but would you call him that to his face? Keyboard warrior springs to mind here.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, harryviking said:

Cheap Charlies in Soi Buckawo is good but when I have a breakfast, I enjoy a good cup of tea, but not that yellow label stuff, and I don't like coffee, they have a notice up saying you cannot bring your own food, that is fair enough and I fully understand that.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Only problem is no transport, I mean no Baht busses. I think Siambury's would really well if it was nearer central Pattaya instead of away up in the wilds.

pick a different expat shop nearest to you, there's a few around Jomtien and Pratumnak

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 10:54 AM, degodasilva said:

Interesting about the comment above regarding Naklua being German orientated because I got the impression it was more Russian than anything else, but maybe not. 

A bit historical. Around 25 years ago it was said the Brits had South Pattaya and the Germans the North, nearly all German bars from Dolphin roundabout up Naklua road.

Some years ago the Russians started arriving en masse and took over some areas such as Wongamat, spread on to Naklua road.

A couple of months ago a friend of mine came down from north Thailand and stayed at Pattaya Park. We had a night nearby and I couldn't believe the Russian presence, hardly a menu with English, just Thai and Russian.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Cheap Charlies in Soi Buckawo is good but when I have a breakfast, I enjoy a good cup of tea, but not that yellow label stuff, and I don't like coffee, they have a notice up saying you cannot bring your own food, that is fair enough and I fully understand that.

I think they would agree if you paid for a pot of tea but used your own teabags or loose leaf. The sign is likely against people bringing in food from outside places and using their premises to eat it, whilst perhaps buying a bottle of water. People do that you know. But paying for a pot of tea and using your own teabag should be perfectly acceptable. Hot water top ups should be included if you are buying breakfast and a pot of tea. A happy customer is likely a repeat customer.

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I think they would agree if you paid for a pot of tea but used your own teabags or loose leaf. The sign is likely against people bringing in food from outside places and using their premises to eat it, whilst perhaps buying a bottle of water. People do that you know. But paying for a pot of tea and using your own teabag should be perfectly acceptable. Hot water top ups should be included if you are buying breakfast and a pot of tea. A happy customer is likely a repeat customer.

That's a good idea. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

That's a good idea. Thanks.

If the tea is included with the breakfast, then using your own teabag should also be acceptable.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, NowNow said:

i often see bozo's walking into restaurants with a drink, it's like as if they never went out before coming to Thailand

• Thumbs Up 1