Thai Man Arrested Over Alleged Rape of Ukrainian Woman on Koh Samui

webfact

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

why 27 yo khun Thai would fancy 32 yo farang woman while there are so many cute and sexy thai ladies?

Out of curiousity? I don't think so.

why would you think a thai lady of any age would be interested in some low class thai guy! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

There are certain crimes that once committed, in my opinion are a self-revocation of the right to consume oxygen. Rape is one of them, it is such a heinous violation.

If it is proven without a doubt that this man did really rape this woman, I have no issue at all with an immediate death sentence, and I would advocate no need for a trial, if there are credible witnesses, video, or DNA evidence. Why waste the state's money on a trial and risk him getting off? Again. 

Death penalty for rape? That's innovative.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Terrible incident. However, very much safer than in UK or EU, where those assaults happen every hour or minute.🙏

1 hour ago, ronster said:

Something doesn't seem right about this as it's not a secluded beach area there and there are usually people walking around most times. Have to wonder if she knew him before or did he just walk up to a random woman on the beach and tried to rape them . Plus he was arrested from eye witness accounts , so people just sat watching while it went on instead of doing something ? 

Same thought eyewitness accounts ?  WTF?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Rape is about power and abuse, not intimacy 

It is a feminist over-simplification to suggest that rape is about power rather than sexual gratification (of course, nobody has ever suggested it's about 'intimacy'). If it were just about power, we would find that 50 year-olds are just as likely to be raped as teens. But that's not the case. According to the NSVRC, "Most female victims of completed rape (79.6%) experienced their first rape before the age of 25; 42.2% experienced their first completed rape before the age of 18 years." Of course, it's complex and there are often other motives such as anger/resentment in the mix. 

• Thanks 2

Thailand have a rather conservative culture and females are encouraged to dress modestly. Except for the sex workers who slut it up.

The Ukrainians and Russians don’t dress modestly, especially on the beach they usually wear g strings leaving little to the imagination. Dressing like, or worse than a sex worker in Thailand in public is really asking for trouble. 

I am not saying she should have been raped of course, but there are some bad people out there.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, khunpeer said:

why would you think a thai lady of any age would be interested in some low class thai guy! 

Because millions are with low class Thai guys?

• Like 1

why 27 yo khun Thai would fancy 32 yo farang woman while there are so many cute and sexy thai ladies?

I doubt he asked to see her ID beforehand.... Anyway, there can be many factors at play (opportunity, drugs impairing judgment, resentment as being rejected by farang women in the past, the exoticness of someone from a different race/nationality, etc). 

• Agree 1

It never said he fancied her. It said he raped her. Two completely different things.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

BS. Where are your facts? In UK every day more than 500 sexual assaults!!!!

You do know that rape and sexual assault are very different, right? (Sexual assault is a much broader category). Also, reporting to police and reporting in the media can vary widely across countries 

3 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Problem with that is women have falsely accused men and proving or disproving consent is very hard.

Without a trial, who judges whether or not the evidence is beyond doubt especially in a place like Thailand?

It is better that a guilty person goes free than an innocent person is convicted.

As much as I want to agree with you I don't think it is the best solution.

I agree. Why not make it a non commutable 5 years sentence for the rapist, and if the accusation gets proven false, at any stage, the same sentence for the plaintiff ? 

• Haha 1

Although this happened during daylight hours, after the sun sets below the horizon, and in my view, beaches can become very risky places for single women to be walking about.

I once lived in Naples, Florida, for about three years.

I invited a female Taiwanese friend to visit me.

My house was only one block from the beach.

My Taiwanese friend would sometimes go walking on the beach alone,  in the early evening hours.

Fortunately, nothing untoward befell her.

However, even in Naples, people are aware of the fact that attacks on women do, occasionally occur.

I have no way of knowing if Thailand's beaches are safer than Naples' beaches.

I just have the opinion that beaches, in general, are not very safe for women, after dark.

Also, I would say the same of a single male out on the beach, at night.

Even in Naples, there have been attacks, no doubt.

Aggression and Violence is occasionally directed at individuals on the beach, and for no reason. 

Those that commit unprovoked acts of violence and aggression, are sick.

They are sick.

They should just be removed from society, for good.

Aggressive individuals do not change.

Aggression of this nature is due, most likely, to pathology in the brain.

As of 2024, science has not developed any cure.

If we had a cure for violence and aggression, then fighting wars would be less risky proposition for those in the military.

Hopefully, in this case of rape on the beach, justice will be done.

If this be eye for an eye justice, I am not advocating it, especially.

However, I hope the guilty party receives justice.

And I hope the victim will, somehow, recover.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

6 minutes ago, Docno said:

You do know that rape and sexual assault are very different, right? (Sexual assault is a much broader category). Also, reporting to police and reporting in the media can vary widely across countries 

Extremely broad, some 45 years ago I used to tap tap the bottom of offices girls and bed some of them. No one would do such thing anymore the potential for disaster been huge. Life sucks now...

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Any man who is desperate enough and morally bankrupt enough to rape a woman, is a man that society simply does not need, and can easily live without. 

So I double down on the death penalty, without a trial. 

I'm definitely with you on the death penalty, but the facts need to be established, and not by hearsay, thus the need for a trial.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

on the picturesque island of Koh Samui.

How about the over crowed island -  leaving little or no room for movement freely  in a timely manner about the expensive little island.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Maybe she was a nice cute white Ukraine 

Female,

I've seen some stupid posts but this must be in the top 10

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Because thai women will not go with him. It’s called little dick syndrome 🤷🏼

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

do you never leave your computer

Only to restock my beer and cigarettes.

Do you think we'll have this story continued? With investigation, facts, evidences? Or else - nothing? 

My point - this is very touchy subject to post and very serious accusation. 

5 minutes ago, Reddavy said:

Because thai women will not go with him. It’s called little dick syndrome 🤷🏼

You said that! I was afraid this ^^^ is not allowed.

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

And that seems to be confirmed in the news, like the 2 Kiwis who wrestled a cop, stole his gun and set it off... and they are out of jail and back to Kiwiland after 4 months...

When we all know the right thing to do would have been to let the cop shoot them!  Because that's what "good farang" do.

3 hours ago, ronster said:

Plus he was arrested from eye witness accounts , so people just sat watching while it went on instead of doing something ? 

If only Thais were there, this is believable.  Thais rarely intervene in anything, unless they're particularly outraged and in far greater numbers than the offending party.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

Problem with that is women have falsely accused men and proving or disproving consent is very hard.

Without a trial, who judges whether or not the evidence is beyond doubt especially in a place like Thailand?

It is better that a guilty person goes free than an innocent person is convicted.

As much as I want to agree with you I don't think it is the best solution.

Tend to agree, women can be a bit fickle at times and its not unheard of for false accusations to have been made  due to feelings of shame or guilt at their own behaviour.  Furthermore the UK police , if I am not mistaken, have been  pretty much instructed to automatically  consider those accused of sexual crimes as guilty until proven innocent, This was a knee jerk response to allegations of them not taking all cases seriously 

My brother-in-law was a former barrister. His reply to questions about any crime, rape or otherwise, was always the same - “I can’t comment, as I’ve not seen all the evidence”.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Say 20 years ago some "working girl" accused airplane crew of gangbanging her in the hotel where they stayed overnight before returning [flying] back. So flight was delayed (not canceled), compensations paid, investigation did not produce any evidence, case was closed. Upon arriving back home they all got fired due to strong moral principals of Airline. 

I heard this story from the guy who was managing defense for them. Came up she only wanted $150/each, but the paid only $300 for all plus free booze and snacks.
Yet another Eastern European working girl >>> 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cereal said:

The article mentions eye witness accounts. Who would stand by and witness a rape without intervening? 

So people stood and watched him penetrate her wash she kicking and screaming, if so they should all be ashamed of them selves, or was it a case if 2 people having nooky and one screamed rape, just asking. 

• Agree 1