Thai mum’s advice on handling bullying praised by parents online

As a parent it's tough to find a balance in advising a child. Kids 10 not 3 so big difference in stance.

In my experience almost every single bully I have met were weak, jealous, often cowards or had problems of their own they could not deal with, I still bump into grown ass adults with these same traits.

Teaching and offering compassion to a bully is harder, though I do challenge my son to question why someone would bully, perhaps their dad is not as great as his, maybe even their parents are bullies, maybe they have no friends and struggle with how to express that, or maybe they are just mental.

We are not and will not be victims though and will stand when needed but explore other options first.

There are times in my past I wish I had opted for the more peaceful compassionate route or at least a more verbal ripping them a new humilating <deleted> route, violence has consequences and definitely not a first choice path for a kid in my view.  

Thai parent: "Don't hit bullies back."

Christian parent: "Here's an AR 15. Go back and show that bully."

There are different styles of parenting I guess.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, motdaeng said:

why does your post not surprise me? you regularly drink and drive, think that's okay, and don't care about

the people who get injured / killed because of DUI ...

there's really something wrong with some people, and you are definitely one of them!

He's a troll.  He isn't being honest.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Pretty much what I'm teaching my 7 year old now. Teachers many tines won't do anything when this happens, especially here where many still carry sticks themselves to whack the kids when they are out of line, as my daughter's teacher did in front of me last week to three students she was teaching in front of her desk.

The 'education' system in Thailand is their biggest problem - it has been holding them back for decades and it is now biting them big time on their butts as they struggle to cope with a changed world post-Covid. The Thai workforce is not efficient, flexible or educated - they dont know how to learn new things. Anyone from overseas opening a large business here nowadays is either ignorant, linked to certain Thainese families, corrupt or extremely brave.  As that Thai man said (the one from BOI who never spoke again) Thailand needs to offer much more than beaches and girls and rip-off Visas to attract business investments - and certainly not income tax nightmares.