Someone in my condo locking my motorbike with a pad lock

On 7/17/2024 at 11:49 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

Hi folks, im at this condo and someone is  locking my motorbike with a pad lock. (disc brake area) Causing it unmoveable.

I do not have a bolt cutter or something similar, anyone could advice how to remove it?

its a small pad lock like as in the picture.

image.jpeg.c104c39757a54094b7a4edacb1d86766.jpeg

Have anyone experienced this before?

I was using my bike yesterday till evening, so someone has done it between 7pm-7am.

Theres no cctv in the motorbike parking section in this condo, and the security dude is like sleeping and playing with his phone....

he offered no help whatso ever and just watching me wondering how to remove the lock. oh jesus

so lets workout why   ?     then we can offer a solution  ....  

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

Here's a good idea if this will continue: Go and lock couple other's bikes with padlocks and than the building

management will take it more seriously and install a CCTV overlooking the area.. 

Great idea to inconvenience other innocent people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

someone is  locking my motorbike with a pad lock.

"Is locking", i.e. doing it multiple times, or "has locked" it once ?

Why didn't you just take a photo of it on the brake and post that instead of going to the trouble of downloading a pic from the internet?   Is it because there isn't really a padlock on your bike, perhaps?

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Is locking", i.e. doing it multiple times, or "has locked" it once ?

I initially thought the same thing..  then after another poster responded to my question I realised the Op may not be a native English speaker (see quote below) - thus, the assumption is that this is a one off event, otherwise he'd already have removed a lock on a previous 'encounter' and now knows how to.

On 7/17/2024 at 7:49 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

I do not have a bolt cutter or something similar, anyone could advice how to remove it?

its a small pad lock like as in the picture.

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why didn't you just take a photo of it on the brake and post that instead of going to the trouble of downloading a pic from the internet?   Is it because there isn't really a padlock on your bike, perhaps?

Accusing the Op of fabricating a thread is somewhat cynical don't you think ?...    you may want to consider stepping back from being yourself sometimes LL... there's no need to start accusing the Op of telling lies - Op has no reason to make this up.

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2024 at 4:44 PM, gargamon said:

Yes, we found out where you live. As soon as you cut this lock off, we will replace it with another larger one. 

Oh please 🥺 it's not funny !!

You think that kind of threat is acceptable, how do you know not only the OP could be traumatised but others on here too thinking there is people like you around.

No where near funny...grow up gargleman or whatever your ridiculous name is !!!

On 7/17/2024 at 11:58 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Have you upset someone?

Maybe a hammer will shock it open, but be very careful not to damage your disk.  Maybe involve the police so it doesn't happen again.

Or just get some cheap bolt cutters for 199 baht at Global House/Homepro.  Whoever did it wont be able to afford keep buying locks. 

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:
On 7/17/2024 at 9:44 AM, gargamon said:

Yes, we found out where you live. As soon as you cut this lock off, we will replace it with another larger one. 

... at least 7 others would disagree with you !!! 

image.png.f1ba86bed87e1f53ba1ff9dfdcd8c7b2.png

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You think that kind of threat is acceptable, how do you know not only the OP could be traumatised but others on here too thinking there is people like you around.

.....illogical over-reaction much ??...     

Hi folks, im at this condo and someone is  locking my motorbike with a pad lock.

It's always sad when people start a thread, then there are numerous replies, but the original poster is never seen again.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Lots of people gave laughing emojis so it looks like you're the one with no sense of humor. I suspect it would be “humour“ in your case but I doubt you could understand what that means anyway.

On 7/17/2024 at 4:49 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

Theres no cctv in the motorbike parking section in this condo, and the security dude is like sleeping and playing with his phone....

Report him .for napping on the job.

• Sad 1

I’m being dead serious when I say I don’t think it should be legal to lock peoples cars and motorbikes by the association in condos. Yes if you didn’t know many condo associations do this; they lock your car for violating whatever. 

There could be an emergency or any number of reasons a person needs their car. Plus as we all know the condo association people are not there in the evening, so I guess that just turns into our problem when they lock the car for no reason. I don’t think anyone should be able to touch another persons car, legally speaking. Of course this is Thailand but whatever, I think those are fairly simple and objectively true statements

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/17/2024 at 4:49 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

I was using my bike yesterday till evening, so someone has done it between 7pm-7am.

Someone  doesn't like the sound of your bike two stroke with a rusted interior of the myffler or idiots who thinks the bike will go faster with a "perfornmance" exhaust system?

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...cut the chain link".

Chain link?

Oh, in that anal mood Orgin again :cheesy:

Orgin?  I'm not "Orgin", you must be confusing me with another poster but I'm happy that you, apparently, found your own unintelligible comment so hilariously sadly amusing.

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Accusing the Op of fabricating a thread is somewhat cynical don't you think ?...    you may want to consider stepping back from being yourself sometimes LL... there's no need to start accusing the Op of telling lies - Op has no reason to make this up.

No, it's not being cynical but, so what if it was, is cynicism outlawed here?  My comment was an observation and you may want to step back from telling others what to post.  If an OP makes no sense there is no reason not to comment about it. How would you ever know that the OP has no reason to make it up when this forum is full of so many obviously fanciful and fabricated stories?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Yes if you didn’t know many condo associations do this; they lock your car for violating whatever. 
There could be an emergency or any number of reasons a person needs their car.

They wouldn't have an issue in an emergency if they didn't park improperly in places that resulted in clamping/locking! 

"There could be ... any number of reasons a person needs their car".

There are any number of reasons a person needs to park properly.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Orgin?  I'm not "Orgin", you must be confusing me with another poster but I'm happy that you, apparently, found your own unintelligible comment so hilariously sadly amusing.

Look Louie, who you trying to fool!  we been at it for a while stop it O.K.😂

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it's not being cynical but, so what if it was, is cynicism outlawed here?  My comment was an observation and you may want to step back from telling others what to post.  If an OP makes no sense there is no reason not to comment about it.

The Op makes perfect sense...  His bike was locked, he's looking for advice on how to break the lock...  and perhaps feed back as to why it was locked.

You on the other hand have accused him of being a liar...  thats your observation of course.. Mine is that when you forget not to be yourself, you turn into a grade A1 pedantic cokwomble posting drivel...

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How would you ever know that the OP has no reason to make it up when this forum is full of so many obviously fanciful and fabricated stories?

I have a link...    you just love a good old link eh...  :cheesy:

On 7/18/2024 at 11:08 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

It's always sad when people start a thread, then there are numerous replies, but the original poster is never seen again.

Yes, where is the villageidiot? 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST