> Jump to content

UK passport waiting time.

I submitted my UK passport for renewal 05-07-24  with VFS in Bangkok. Does anyone have experience of the waiting time for it to return. On the GOV UK website it says four weeks.

Thanks

i gave mine to an agent in pattaya on 29th may, the new passport was issued on 12th June, i was informed the passport was back in pattaya on the 15th July, so getting from pattaya to Liverpool was quick, but getting from Liverpool to pattaya took a long time, who held it up i don't know maybe the agent, 

16 hours ago, baneko said:

I submitted my UK passport for renewal 05-07-24  with VFS in Bangkok. Does anyone have experience of the waiting time for it to return. On the GOV UK website it says four weeks.

Thanks

I was recently quoted 6 weeks by VFS.

Just now, soalbundy said:

I was recently quoted 6 weeks by VFS.

VFS works on the "up to six weeks" principle

so that you are pleasantly surprised when it

turns up three weeks later and you are suitably

impressed at such an efficient service.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

renewed in May this year VFs office on 29th April and collected again from Bangkok on 12 May.   Not clear why I could not have delivery to home by DHL.    

19 hours ago, baneko said:

Thanks

The Bangkok VFS told me a few days ago that the waiting time is 4 weeks.

20 hours ago, steve187 said:

i gave mine to an agent in pattaya on 29th may, the new passport was issued on 12th June, i was informed the passport was back in pattaya on the 15th July, so getting from pattaya to Liverpool was quick, but getting from Liverpool to pattaya took a long time, who held it up i don't know maybe the agent, 

Can you tell me how much the agent was and contact details 🙂

27 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Can you tell me how much the agent was and contact details 🙂

Thai visa express 11,000thb all in for a normal passport, 12,000thb for a jumbo, all you have to do is one signature they do the rest, form, copies of passport and pay for it.

• Like 1

I did my own and it was £151 and a night out in BKK. I am told the visa/passport agents do a good job though. My mum used Key Visas in Pattaya. Cost was reasonable.

I put in my renewal application at VFS Huay Kwang on 28th June. The lady that dealt with me was pleasant and efficient

I received email that new passport was ready for pickup on 8th July. Ten days was a pleasant surprise.

Be aware. Collection of new passport at VFS is only between 14:00 and 16:00 hrs.

Edited by phetphet
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, dick turpin said:

VFS works on the "up to six weeks" principle

so that you are pleasantly surprised when it

turns up three weeks later and you are suitably

impressed at such an efficient service.

More a case of their HMPO masters back in the UK wanting you to be "suitably impressed at such an efficient service", I think. Who are they trying to kid?🤣

16 hours ago, steve187 said:

Thai visa express 11,000thb all in for a normal passport, 12,000thb for a jumbo, all you have to do is one signature they do the rest, form, copies of passport and pay for it.

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/18/2024 at 6:04 PM, phetphet said:

I put in my renewal application at VFS Huay Kwang on 28th June. The lady that dealt with me was pleasant and efficient

I received email that new passport was ready for pickup on 8th July. Ten days was a pleasant surprise.

Be aware. Collection of new passport at VFS is only between 14:00 and 16:00 hrs.

Further to my last post, see above. This might be handy to know for anyone in a rush:

I went to pick up my new passport yesterday. Although VFS say collection is from 14:00 until 16:00, it is possible to get there earlier and get a queue ticket. I arrived at 13:20 and got ticket No.2. So when they started calling queue numbers, I was out of there pretty quickly.

HTH

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

I took my friend to the new VSF office on 17th June and his passport was ready for collection 5th July

Have they moved it again?, or are you talking about the one in Chiang Mai ?

I did it in October (at Trendy).

It took 9 days (!) from the moment I handed over my old passport to the moment I was notified the new one had arrived for collection.

On 7/22/2024 at 2:20 PM, Seppius said:

Have they moved it again?, or are you talking about the one in Chiang Mai ?

Bangkok. They moved last March from Trendy  to The Shoppes at Belle Grand Rama 9 Unit BS003 and BS003/1, 1st Floor, 131/1, 141/1 Rama 9 Rd., Huay Kwang Sub-district, Huay Kwang District, Bangkok 10310 Thailand

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

Bangkok. They moved last March from Trendy  to The Shoppes at Belle Grand Rama 9 Unit BS003 and BS003/1, 1st Floor, 131/1, 141/1 Rama 9 Rd., Huay Kwang Sub-district, Huay Kwang District, Bangkok 10310 Thailand

Thanks, first I heard of that

• Like 1