> Jump to content

Applying for visa in Vientiane

I am going to Vietiane to get a new Thai visa and the only time available at the embassy was on friday so I guess I am stuck there over the weekend and wonder what to do.

Is there any things to see in daytime, night life.. ?

Any tip appreciated 🙂

Also wonder about the embassy, map has 2 Thai Embassys, anyone knows which one it is?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Viapea said:

Is there any things to see in daytime, night life.. ?

A lot depends on what you benchmark is - if it's Bangkok or Pattaya then not a lot, if Kalasin then it will be a nice change.  I was there last weekend and had a fine time, good food and enough places to have a drink in the evenings and a few things to do/look at  daytime.  It's a small city and I don't think people really go there other than on the way to somewhere else.  It would be easy to go to Vang Vieng for a night or 2 but you wont have a passport so that might cause travel and hotel issues.  I had a great time on Sunday night at the Hard Rock Cafe - it's kind of a Laos night with a lot of local music and dancing - nothing like I've experienced in and other HRC around the world, and the draught Beer Lao was cold and cheap!  Download the "Loca" app and you can use it for taxis and QR payments, saves having to deal with millions of Kips.

• Like 1