San Francisco Mayor London Breed daring her rival to name three drag queens

I saw in another video this video below. Normally I don't watch FOX so I don't know anything about them except their reputation.

Is this video showing the truth about that mayor in San Francisco? Or is that some joke? Did it really happen?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is this video showing the truth about that mayor in San Francisco? Or is that some joke? Did it really happen?

It actually happened during a debate between the five Democratic candidates for mayor of San Francisco.  The current mayor, a noted woke Progressive, London Breed, asked her leading rival, Mark Farrell, a straight white male, to name three LGBTQ advisers to his campaign and three drag queens in San Francisco.  She was trying to point out Farrell doesn't have strong ties to the queer and transgaender communities, which are important voting blocs in SF.

Breed has come in for some criticism because she could have asked about Farrell's position on homelessness, housing, crime or economic matters, but she chose to repeat a "gotcha" type question she had asked earlier.  Farrell is a mainstream Liberal and whilemnot anti-gay or transgender, doesn't give prioritize LGBTQ and trans issues a much as Breed.  He is more concerned with bread-and-butter issues like crime and jobs.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Thanks 1

People don't understand San Francisco.

The Market Street area is a mess of mass homelessbess and boarded uo businesses but most of the city is still thriving with tech bros money.

It has a unique history with homophobe Dan White assassinating Mayor Moscone and iconic gay supervisor Harvey Milk.

The host of that Fox show is vile anti Asian racist Jesse Watters.

I can't name three drag queens.

The current SF mayor doesn't seem very impressive but she's playing local politics and I guess she knows what she's doing with that because if you're not a current local you wouldn't know.

As far as homelessness the solution for that is homes snd the problem is impossible because of the real estate costs.

Gavin Newsom was a great mayor.

So was Diane Feinstein who should have been the first woman and first Jewish president.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/19/2024 at 4:13 AM, Jingthing said:

Gavin Newsom was a great mayor.

I lived in the city in the 80s and 90s, I liked some of the things Brown did like close a ton of the housing projects, sent a lot those people to Oakland made my Muni ride to work instantly safer and less Grafitti on the ride ...

With Gavin, the homeless problem was already bad but only got worse under his admin, and still getting worse under Breed.  Then there was that time in 2005 he got caught F***ing his campaign managers wife, scum...Apology if you can call it that is below

https://x.com/i/status/1814353800318333324

2 hours ago, Expat4life66 said:

I lived in the city in the 80s and 90s, I liked some of the things Brown did like close a ton of the housing projects, sent a lot those people to Oakland made my Muni ride to work instantly safer and less Grafitti on the ride ...

With Gavin, the homeless problem was already bad but only got worse under his admin, and still getting worse under Breed.  Then there was that time in 2005 he got caught F***ing his campaign managers wife, scum...Apology if you can call it that is below

https://x.com/i/status/1814353800318333324

In a piece of real estate like San Franciso with year round mild weather on a small peninsula that rich people in the world (still) want to flock to, I don't consider homelessness realistically solvable. 

I think the only way to solve it is with federal solutions.

I liked that Newsom was a pioneer for marriage equality.

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In a piece of real estate like San Franciso with year round mild weather on a small peninsula that rich people in the world (still) want to flock to, I don't consider homelessness realistically solvable. 

I think the only way to solve it is with federal solutions.

I liked that Newsom was a pioneer for marriage equality.

https://sfstandard.com/2023/11/15/san-francisco-cleaned-up-for-apec-see-before-and-after-photos/

In particular, there has been a noticeable reduction in the number of tents and drug activity along Van Ness Avenue, in United Nations Plaza and around the Speaker Nancy Pelosi Federal Building, which has long been the epicenter of the city’s drug crisis.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/S-F-has-an-unprecedented-1-1-billion-to-spend-16318448.php

IMO, folks are making bookoo $$ off the homeless crisis. Alot of admin jobs paying big bucks. They don't want to stop the gravy train.