Alcohol Sales Prohibited in Thailand on July 20-21, 2024

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The government are only banning the Sales of alcohol, says nothing about having a drink

Many smaller restaurants make little profit on food, but make more on sales of alcohol, also bars and clubs that do not sell food may well not open at all.. losing money.

It's not just about the "drinkers"

• Like 1

I don't drink alcohol if I don't want to. The pointless daily bans or bans on Buddhist holidays would not be a reason for me not to drink alcohol. I choose the times when I don't drink alcohol for months, for example...

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, malibukid said:

i could never understand the attraction to alcohol.  it can kill you, make you act stupid, ruin relationships and you feel like crap the day after. its for people who are afraid to be themselves.  crutch. 

You are probably correct but its about freedom of choice!
I drink alcohol, maybe because I am afraid to be myself.  crutch. LOL 🙂

Phangan party people will not be to happy as it’s Full moon Monday so it’s normal that three days before the bars and stores experience a big turnover in sales unfortunately this weekend won’t be the case 

4 hours ago, malibukid said:

i could never understand the attraction to alcohol.  it can kill you, make you act stupid, ruin relationships and you feel like crap the day after. its for people who are afraid to be themselves.  crutch. 

Yes and this crutch may lead you to another crutch, preferably of the female kind. 

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, stock up!

it might kill you to take a day off from booze.

Always the same nonsense.

The ones affected are those who like to go out for a social drink, sad cases who sit at home drinking don't see a difference.

4 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

There is more to do in Thailand than just drink.

Absolutely, but I do enjoy getting smashed after a good old temple tour.

5 hours ago, malibukid said:

Why name yourself after a white rum/coconut drink then? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

But weed shops.......

The sole purpose of alcohol is not to get high, but the sole purpose of weed is to get high. People drink beer because it tastes good. Same with wine. Nobody smokes weed for the flavor.

Apparently stoned is pious and spiritual, while drunk is not. Nor is alcohol breath, even if only one beer.

I drink alcohol to get hammered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

The ones affected are those who like to go out for a social drink, sad cases who sit at home drinking don't see a difference.

I'll be heading out saturday arvo for a social session with mates.

2 day no booze sales throws no roadblocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm always at a loss when this booze ban comes along in the name of religious respect. Wouldn't it be better if the monks asked for a total cease in crime on these days. i.e.- NO murder - No theft - No scamming etc. etc. Even the government & lady boys could join in. Out of shear respect of course.   

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, malibukid said:

indeed, everyone should be as smug, sober and  unlikeable as you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keeps said:

Off I went to 7/11 on my bicycle and bought 8 large bottles of Singha Reserve and put them in my bicycle basket. Just as I was about to return home I thought 'hang on, what happens to all the beer if I fall off my bicycle?'

8 is a good start ....  but I know i'll want 12 at least ..    I end up half cut after 6 ... 

5 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Yet it seems to be the sad home alone drinkers who moan the loudest about this,  every single time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The government are only banning the Sales of alcohol, says nothing about having a drink

The first common-sense and factual post on the subject gets no emojis of any sort?

Maybe it's not getting the gurner's attention, so try this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1