What's your no 1 issue with the world?

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Too few (like 1.1%) of the world's population, hell-bent on getting richer, not helping their fellow man and turning the world into one gigantic sh*thole.

Does Thailand help farangs? Nope!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, susanlea said:
8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Too few (like 1.1%) of the world's population, hell-bent on getting richer, not helping their fellow man and turning the world into one gigantic sh*thole.

Does Thailand help farangs? Nope!

Relevance?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

Attention whores on the Internet.
These days, the computer has become a central entertainment device in most homes. It's a shame such a powerful tool for information, communication, and entertainment has to get overrun with people whose personal self-worth is based on getting 'likes' from complete strangers. For some of these, it doesn't even have to be 'likes.' Any response, even negative ones, reinforces their self-worth.

Current events in the Middle East don't affect my life here in Thailand. Even the political nonsense going on in the US today will really have very little effect on the rest of my life (Hey, we've only got a few more years, right?)

What does affect my day-to-day life here is the Internet. It's a shame to see it getting clogged up with nonsense just because some people need to have others react to them, regardless if it's a positive or negative reaction... just so there is SOME reaction to them. It's graffiti. 'Hey, Mom! Look at meeee!'

The irony, lol.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I arrived here from the UK 3 months ago.

It is true that I am an economic asylum seeker. The cost of living crisis is crippling, Rents, food, energy.

I could have survived there, but I would have been cold, bored and miserable, I can live very well here. I came here for a better life.

It does not mean I want to turn it into a gigantic hole.
Do you?

You are supporting yourself though, right?

See the difference?

21 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

The irony, lol.

Oh, so very much!
A little research shows that you have posted 2600 times here in 9 years, and I have made 5700 posts here in 18 years.

Roughly the same for you as me...  🙂

Kettle?

24 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

You are supporting yourself though, right?

See the difference?

Yes those other economic refugees usually get employment and contribute more to the economy. Pay taxes etc

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Oh, so very much!
A little research shows that you have posted 2600 times here in 9 years, and I have made 5700 posts here in 18 years.

Roughly the same for you as me...  🙂

Kettle?

Lol.

I am not the one spraying crap about others making posts and comments on social media. 

You are.

And you are doing exactly he same thing you are complaining about others doing.

A little bit of self awareness, buddy 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I arrived here from the UK 3 months ago.

It is true that I am an economic asylum seeker. The cost of living crisis is crippling, Rents, food, energy.

I could have survived there, but I would have been cold, bored and miserable, I can live very well here. I came here for a better life.

So, basically you are a retiree who came here because you couldn't keep up with inflation in the West, yeah?

How did that happen?

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

So, basically you are a retiree who came here because you couldn't keep up with inflation in the West, yeah?

How did that happen?

Laziness and a desire for a better life.

10 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Lol.

I am not the one spraying crap about others making posts and comments on social media. 

You are.

And you are doing exactly he same thing you are complaining about others doing.

A little bit of self awareness, buddy 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 

The irony, lol.

RANSOMWARE

We need to bring back the Death Penalty, world-wide, for perpetrators and distributors of Ransomware.

Death is too good for them.

We need to first draw and quarter them!

As many other have said. People, crowds of people, stupid ignorant people, and people who have to go where everyone else is, and do whatever everyone else do without thinking how sustainable is this, how smart is this, or do it benefit me or my close ones

22 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

At Seven Eleven when they put a cup of hot coffee in a plastic bag.  Should I just poor it on myself now and be done with it?  Morons.

Used to be people all over Pattaya selling it like that.

On 7/21/2024 at 2:45 AM, Gsxrnz said:

The feminization of politics and society.

Probably the biggest single social experiment in Western history that led to many downstream political and social side-effects over the last century.

Treating boys as though they are dysfunctional girls, and telling girls they can do anything a man can do is a recipe for disaster. I don't think it will end well - Oh wait! :coffee1:

Well said. Just been watching the Paris olympics opening ceremony. Horribly woke and contrived etc, as expected, essentially washing over French culture. Yes, we get it, include everyone, but don't forget the REST of society.  

But biggest issue is that MFs are still invading others' turf.. Strongmen and shyster politicians still allowed to reign supreme. We are not moving on. Sad.