Bangkok Billboard Offering Foreign Passports for Sale Raises Concerns

webfact

On 7/22/2024 at 9:01 PM, webfact said:

He also pointed out that several criminal elements from China are exploiting Thailand's lax immigration policies and, aided by corrupt officials, are engaging in illicit activities within the country.

Hardly a big surprise. Everyone knew once Srettha and his cronies removed all restrictions for Chinese the criminal element would flood in. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2024 at 12:44 AM, nobodysfriend said:

That is 350.000 THB .

If that is an authentic passport ( made in China ? ) , the price would be ok ...

But if I would travel to Vanuatu with that , I would probably get arrested .

🙄 They aren't for travelling to the passport country. I don't think Thaksin was interested in flying to Montenegro. But he's been a Montenegrin since 2009. Maybe it's the same people that got him a passport. 😊

• Confused 1

On 7/23/2024 at 8:08 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I see the worthless Aussie passports are not for sale 😂

Just need a boat, illegal entry and you receive one. 

Used to be able to get one by committing a crime in Britain. They'd even throw in a one way ticket for free.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/23/2024 at 1:21 AM, NemoH said:

Quite dangerous and foolish to get one.

If it’s fake.. you get imprisoned right away..no defence available… 🤣Too grave a consequence to bet your life that it’s a real deal.. 🤣 when you don’t even know the guys behind it…. 

Life is short please behave yourselves n be good boys and girls 🤣🤣😂

I somehow doubt that Indonesian government would take kindly to this sale of their passports.  Wonder where and who is running this offer. 

On 7/24/2024 at 6:11 AM, NowNow said:

🙄 They aren't for travelling to the passport country. I don't think Thaksin was interested in flying to Montenegro. But he's been a Montenegrin since 2009. Maybe it's the same people that got him a passport. 😊

What rubbish. First he wasn’t a buyer off the street and unknown. He lived mainly in Dubai. Many very wealthy people have different passports than they’re own due to buying costly properties and investments in those countries. I know a very well off property developer , British, who has also a residence and passport in Dubai. It’s always been like that. I’d never trust a  billboard Chinese sale of passports for a measly amount of money ! Laughable.

1 minute ago, geisha said:

What rubbish. First he wasn’t a buyer off the street and unknown. He lived mainly in Dubai. Many very wealthy people have different passports than they’re own due to buying costly properties and investments in those countries. I know a very well off property developer , British, who has also a residence and passport in Dubai. It’s always been like that. I’d never trust a  billboard Chinese sale of passports for a measly amount of money ! Laughable.

Are you an idiot? Did you actually bother to check the facts before posting? He needed a passport because his Thai passport was cancelled. His last visit to Thailand at that time was in 2008. He has been a Montenegrin since 2009. Nothing to do with owning properties and everything to do with needing a passport at the time.

Go hang your head in shame.

On 7/23/2024 at 1:48 PM, Nickcage49 said:

"Pol Maj-Gen Panthana Nutchanart, the deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, stated that the advertisement is not illegal since it does not offer Thai passports. He remarked that the sale of foreign passports is a common practice in several countries."

Whaaaat? It's not illegal???

So, if they advertise murder for hire outside Thailand the RTP wouldn't do anything either you reckon?