Renewing Extension of stay : Custodian Thai child to Retirement

Hi All,

Going to renew in September but will be in Europe for August.

(Phuket Immigration BTW)

I fancy changing "Visas" back to Retirement. The previous year I changed from Retirement to Custodian to Thai Child but it proved to be quite long winded.

I'm on a 12 year old Non-Immigrant B. (From good old Hull if I'm not mistake)

Should be quite an easy process yeh subject to having the Bank Statements, Photos, Map etc etc. ?

One other potentional hiccup or should it be OK :

I'm the Director (and a Shareholder) in the Company that owns (my/the) Land & House. My kids are the other shareholders Age 14 & 17 currently.

I Have a rental contract from (my) Company and actually pay my Company 90k THB Quarterly Rent.

The Blue Book has no "HouseMaster" on it, just my two teen Thai children, who will be moving overseas for schooling.

Ps Please Before anyone starts on the don't buy a house, It was for the kids 15 years ago, the EX got a SCB mortgage to buy the house, I bought it off her 6 years ago but that's ANOTHER story (Tisco Bank, car loans etc etc) 

Many Thanks in Advance,

BBoyJ...

Before your current extension for living with your Thai child expires, you apply at your immigration for a new one-year extension of stay for the reason of retirement. In other words, you enter all data on the form TM.7 the same way as before except for the line "Reason for extension", where you will write "Retirement" and bring along the document required for the retirement extension.

• Like 1

bring the kids... my dear samut prakarn asked when I changed from parent of thai child to retirement... guess the same if you go from marriage to retirement... they want to see the old lady to confirm your extension was valid till the change date

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john donson said:

guess the same if you go from marriage to retirement... they want to see the old lady to confirm your extension was valid till the change date

It is required 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Think I'll pop in to Phuket Immigration today and ask them nicely

Good idea.

Assuming you are 50+ suggest as plan B to exit Thailand without reentry permit prior to current permission of stay and reenter visa exempt. Currently provides 60 day stamp.

Then apply for non O based on retirement.

Season the funds and obtain 12 month extension. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good idea.

Assuming you are 50+ suggest as plan B to exit Thailand without reentry permit prior to current permission of stay and reenter visa exempt. Currently provides 60 day stamp.

Then apply for non O based on retirement.

Season the funds and obtain 12 month extension. 

Noted Thanks except I'm on a Multiple Re-Entry so guess it would require a quick Border crossing....

PS Yes over 50 !

1 minute ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Noted Thanks except I'm on a Multiple Re-Entry so guess it would require a quick Border crossing....

PS Yes over 50 !

So do you have a 12 month extension with a multi reentry permit OR a multi entry non O visa

2 minutes ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

12 Month Extension (on Non Immigrant B from 2012) with Multiple Reentry permit ...

For plan B you would need to reenter after expiry of multi reentry permit.

Please advise what immigration has to say. 

Can't see them allowing switch to based on retirement in the circumstances that you have outlined. 

Noted Thanks DrJack, will advise.

having been on plenty of Retirement Extensions on this Visa I didnt think/hope it would be an issue.

I wonder what happens when kids reach 21, the Custodian Visa is then not valid, do Immigration make one start from scratch? 

Or allow a retirement in that case ...

4 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Noted Thanks DrJack, will advise.

having been on plenty of Retirement Extensions on this Visa I didnt think/hope it would be an issue.

I wonder what happens when kids reach 21, the Custodian Visa is then not valid, do Immigration make one start from scratch? 

Or allow a retirement in that case ...

Suggest that you put this question to IMM when you visit them.

If, in the light of what they tell you a non-O conversion for retirement might prove necessary in due course, the following link contains info as to how you go about seeking one:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OJAS said:

Suggest that you put this question to IMM when you visit them.

If, in the light of what they tell you a non-O conversion for retirement might prove necessary in due course, the following link contains info as to how you go about seeking one:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Many thanks

From Immigration Volunteers :

The mentioned requirements in your email are for the initial local Non-O visa.

You will go straight from a 1 year extension based on custodian to a 1 year extension based on retirement.

If you have a current up to date address registration it should be sufficient, but they can always ask for the house owners papers.

But as you went from a Non-B to retirement to custodian and back to retirement it is to the officer to decide if this is acceptable or not.

What you are doing is visa (extension) hopping and in those cases, they can be more thorough to see if everything is legit.

4 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

But as you went from a Non-B to retirement to custodian and back to retirement it is to the officer to decide if this is acceptable or not.

The email does not mention requirement for wife/children to attend for next extension.

What did you do previously