Move Forward submits three constitutional amendment bills

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

how they contain their anger at winning the election

For the umpteenth time (and sadly), they didn't 'win the election'. They won more votes (just) than any other party but did not win a majority of votes or of seats in the Lower House.

To 'win an election' when there are multiple parties competing, you need 50% +1 of the votes and of the seats in the Lower House.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sadly, Thailand will probably have to wait until most the dinosaurs are 6ft under until any tangible change occurs.

Contrary to popular belief I actually interact with Thais from all across the social strata and age groups.

I have noticed a trend.

Those born before 1990 tend to have a more conservative view on life. They have been well indoctrinated by the Thai school system and can remember a time without the internet. They are, imo, mostly a lost cause. They still have deep feelings for the establishment and are reluctant to any form of drastic change. Of course there are exceptions, but generally this is what I have noticed..

Those born post 1990 are somewhat different, and those born post 2000 are most certainly different. They are progressive, well informed, mailable, open minded and resourceful. They are screaming for change and many are quite embarrassed to live here and always ask me why do I live here when they are so desperate to leave..

If you extrapolate that over Thai society as a whole, then I fear it may be another two decades or so before the youth of today finally get what they want.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I don't believe your view on it is correct. They formed an alliance with the treacherous PT and were squashed by unelected senators - they won the election because they had that alliance of 292 seats and 65%.

It was the ALLIANCE of MFP & PT that had a majority of votes and (more important) of seats in the Lower House. It was not (unfortunately) MFP on its own.

56 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Sadly, Thailand will probably have to wait until most the dinosaurs are 6ft under until any tangible change occurs.

Contrary to popular belief I actually interact with Thais from all across the social strata and age groups.

I have noticed a trend.

Those born before 1990 tend to have a more conservative view on life. They have been well indoctrinated by the Thai school system and can remember a time without the internet. They are, imo, mostly a lost cause. They still have deep feelings for the establishment and are reluctant to any form of drastic change. Of course there are exceptions, but generally this is what I have noticed..

Those born post 1990 are somewhat different, and those born post 2000 are most certainly different. They are progressive, well informed, mailable, open minded and resourceful. They are screaming for change and many are quite embarrassed to live here and always ask me why do I live here when they are so desperate to leave..

If you extrapolate that over Thai society as a whole, then I fear it may be another two decades or so before the youth of today finally get what they want.

bob.

It's taken a long time Bob but you finally managed to post a comment that actually makes sense instead of your usual drivel.

Edited by TigerandDog
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

It's taken a long time Bob but you finally managed to post a comment that actually makes sense instead of your usual drivel.

I try my best everyday.

bob.

It may - probably will - take another 2 decades, by which time today's disillusioned youth will have become cautious parents & greedy careerists ...

• Thumbs Up 1

A change of the constitution is almost impossible.. Better write a complete new one as the army always does after the coups. Than there never problems with old or other constitution. Write as in many countries just the basics such as, head of state, freedom of speech and writing and reading, freedom of religion, health care for everyone, justice, task of army and police, hugh penalties for coupmakers etc...and make it the fundament of Thailand that nobody can change even by a coup. Simplicity