Harris Challenges Trump Over Debate Commitment, Accuses Him of Backpedaling

Social Media

Reading most of the comments, I can say, You Americans truly deserve who ever is voted in as President. There is no discussion about policy and what would be good for America. It is all about hate, hate for Trump or hate for Harris. You have been played by the elites and you can't see it. 

America is truly disappearing up it's own backside. The world is laughing at you all. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CharlieKo said:

Like wise for the dems, Dems have swallowed party BS for years.

No doubt, both parties are broken. America is broken. And it is in rapid decline. For me, that is scary.

Though they have made many mistakes with foreign policy, the US has been a reasonably good superpower and world leader. Can one even imagine China or Russia taking its place? That is a scary thought. China does not possess one nanogram of belevolence. And Russia? Gangland central. Yikes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Though they have made many mistakes with foreign policy, the US has been a reasonably good superpower and world leader.

Well, that's the point of view of a Westerner (of whom I am one) for whom the US has been the main barrier for some 80 years to assorted dictatorships.

But we mightn't have that view if we were Iraqis or Afghans or Cubans or Egyptians or Palestinians or Guatemalans or Chileans or Mexicans or ...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Many of my friends who plan to vote for him refer to him as a degenerate, a liar and a thief. They know who he is. But, they like some of his positions. They say it is not about the man, it is about the issues. 

I've never liked him either. It's about the issues as you said.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Well, that's the point of view of a Westerner (of whom I am one) for whom the US has been the main barrier for some 80 years to assorted dictatorships.

But we mightn't have that view if we were Iraqis or Afghans or Cubans or Egyptians or Palestinians or Guatemalans or Chileans or Mexicans or ...

Except all those nationalities would love to live in America.  Not all but you get the point.  Many of the countries listed have citizens braving shark invested waters or deadly desserts to get into America because their countries don't take care of their citizens nor is there much opportunity for those that are not wealthy.

No doubt America is far from perfect but much more perfect than past superpowers.  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 8:35 AM, Social Media said:

The outcome of these debates could significantly influence the direction of the upcoming election, providing voters with a clear comparison between the candidates.

LOL, LOL, LOL.

If anyone doesn't already know enough to compare the candidates they must have been asleep for 3 years.

They have Trump's 4 years as POTUS and Harris's 3 years as VP to have a pretty good idea. For instance, they already know Harris is incompetent and couldn't even fix the border, they know that Harris is all in with Biden in his wars. What more do they need to know?

IMO those debates are nonsense. I liked them as he rubbished his opponents, but they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, atpeace said:

No doubt America is far from perfect but much more perfect than past superpowers.  

Seriously. How about Britain and it's century of Pax Britannica?

I don't see much Pax America in the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL, LOL, LOL.

If anyone doesn't already know enough to compare the candidates they must have been asleep for 3 years.

They have Trump's 4 years as POTUS and Harris's 3 years as VP to have a pretty good idea. For instance, they already know Harris is incompetent and couldn't even fix the border, they know that Harris is all in with Biden in his wars. What more do they need to know?

IMO those debates are nonsense. I liked them as he rubbished his opponents, but they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

Harris wasn't in charge of the border so in your case plenty to learn.

I realize as an Antipodean that you're not fully up on the US system but the VP role is to fully mirror and support the president and be on call to replace her if needed.

That was a role she was filling.

Now she's her own person.

There is plenty to learn about her.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I was about to take umbrage with your post, and then I read the second sentence. Indeed I agree with that.

IMO the US loves tame dictators. They supported quite a lot of them.

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No doubt, both parties are broken. America is broken. And it is in rapid decline. For me, that is scary.

Though they have made many mistakes with foreign policy, the US has been a reasonably good superpower and world leader. Can one even imagine China or Russia taking its place? That is a scary thought. China does not possess one nanogram of belevolence. And Russia? Gangland central. Yikes. 

The tragedy is that it didn't have to happen. Had wiser heads been in charge they might have heeded Eisenhower's warning about the military industrial complex and invested in peace instead of war.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Had wiser heads been in charge they might have heeded Eisenhower's warning about the military industrial complex and invested in peace instead of war.

That works only if all potential rivals are doing the same thing.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Harris wasn't in charge of the border so in your case plenty to learn.

I realize as an Antipodean that you're not fully up on the US system but the VP role is to fully mirror and support the president and be on call to replace her if needed.

That was a role she was filling.

Now she's her own person.

There is plenty to learn about her.

Well you have flipped.  What about the endless comments that Harris would be a terrible choice.  Your exact words. 

As an independent thinker and voter I don't have to play these silly games as often.  She does look Presidential and enjoy all the pics on this forum of her looking the part.  

As you stated, plenty to learn about her and she might surprise us in a good way.

On 7/27/2024 at 4:10 AM, Tug said:

Common Donnie he he he you have the biglestly brain ever!!you are like really smart!!heck you know more about nato in 2 minutes then Churchill and the others forged in the crucible of ww2 in 2 minutes no less heck some DEI hire couldn’t hold a candle to the big brain!!heck she’s a girl to and we know how you treat them piece of cake for you!!

she is not a 'girl' she is a 59yr old woman, and a woman that NOBODY VOTED FOR, does that not bother you? 

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

she is not a 'girl' she is a 59yr old woman, and a woman that NOBODY VOTED FOR, does that not bother you? 

Do you mind if we wait until the election before examining this claim that nobody voted for Harris?!

On 7/27/2024 at 7:32 AM, Stargeezr said:

I am surprised at how many Americans still support Donald Trump. Today however I met a Texan from the republic of

Texas, and yes he was a Repub, L, I Can, so even though he likes the republican party, he says

he is not impressed with Trump.

Is Texas still a republic state?

While Texas has been part of various political entities throughout its history, including 10 years during 1836–1846 as the independent Republic of Texas, the current legal status is as a state of the United States of America. United States Army, First Battalion, First Infantry Regiment soldiers in Texas in 1861.

your texan must be veryyy old
  • Like 1

Wouldn't postponing the presidential debate until she has been formally recognized actually be better for Harris? 

The closer to the election, the easier to remember what was said after all.

5 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Wouldn't postponing the presidential debate until she has been formally recognized actually be better for Harris? 

The closer to the election, the easier to remember what was said after all.

It is (or was) scheduled for September, so clearly after the DNC.

• Agree 1