Fake Prosecutor Arrested While Lecturing Students in Full Uniform

webfact

Catch me if you can , kind of guy ,well they caught him ,but I suspect he will

be at it again ...when he's free.

regards Worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

An official complaint was filed against Mr. Mongkol by the Office of the Attorney General on January 5, 2024. Subsequent sightings confirmed his continued masquerade, leading to additional charges on March 20, 2024. An arrest warrant was obtained on June 20, 2024.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

His deceitful activities have now been halted, awaiting judicial proceedings to commence on July 31, 2024

The speed of RTP is astounding, init ................:whistling:

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

The question is what was the motivation? What did he or whomever was associated or backing him have to gain by the apparent attempted indoctrination?

No doubt simply old guard rantings. I did not delve into the article but the post itself did not explain anything.

What was being said?????! Just looks like deep state mischief..

"Lone actor" attempting to instill fear and repercussions of pushing for change in young people no doubt.

Edited by BobDobbs

Thai-ing up loose ends: Fake prosecutor’s fraud case grows
by Bob Scott

resize_crimc.webp
Picture courtesy of Bangkok Post

An investigation into a Thai man accused of posing as a prosecutor and engaging in fraudulent activities is expanding, according to a source from the prosecution. Thai police are delving deeper into the actions of Mongkol Preesukkasem, who was apprehended last Thursday, July 25, while delivering a law enforcement lecture at a high school in Nonthaburi.

Taling Chan police in Bangkok arrested Mongkol following an arrest warrant issued by the Criminal Court on June 20. The charges against him include illegal impersonation, donning a prosecutor’s uniform, fraud, and providing false information via a computer system.

Police stated that Mongkol had uploaded photos on his Facebook page, showing him in what appeared to be a full prosecutor’s uniform adorned with honour pins and insignias. The complaint from the Attorney-General’s Office indicated that these images were meant to deceive the public into believing he was a legitimate prosecutor.

A source revealed that checks by prosecutors found Mongkol had unofficially advised a senior prosecutor. Although this advisory role was never formalised, it contributed to the ongoing investigation.

Witnesses for the prosecution are scheduled for interviews tomorrow, July 31, as part of the expanded investigation.

The photos posted by Mongkol also depicted him participating in promotion ceremonies and mingling with high-ranking state officials from various agencies.

mong.webp
Picture of Mongkol courtesy of Bangkok Post

In related news, a man impersonating a commando officer was arrested after his girlfriend, who believed he was a real police officer, was left stunned by the revelation.

Police arrested 26 year old Natthaphak, yesterday outside a rented room on Number One-Ram 2 Road, Dokmai, Prawet District, Bangkok.

The arrest was carried out by Police Lieutenant Colonel, Wisit Sriyaphai, Deputy Superintendent of Anti-Terrorism, and Police Sub-Lieutenant Rattasart Klinsoonthorn, Deputy Inspector (Investigation) of Pak Kret Police Station, following a warrant from the Nonthaburi Provincial Court.

Natthaphak faces charges of unlawfully wearing a police uniform and rank insignia, and forging and using fake government documents.

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-30

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Authorities discovered that Mr. Mongkol’s activities breached several laws. He was found inappropriately dressed in the uniform and insignia of a prosecutor, causing confusion and potential damage to the Office of the Attorney General's reputation. Under the Criminal Code, Section 141, and the Official Insignia Act,

so they agree that the uniforms they are wearing are inappropriate.....and the insignia are too much and cause confusion.. Why wear it?? get rid of all these medals and insignia.. They have no use and are pointing to the army.... 

• Like 2

He is nothing more than a Thai version of Walter Mitty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty

British military slang
Individuals who impersonate serving or retired members of the armed forces are known as "Walts" in the British Armed Forces,[15] a shortened form of "Walter Mitty". In the United Kingdom, it is an offence under the Armed Forces Act 2006 to wear real or replica military decorations to pretend to be a member of the armed forces.[16]

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Mongkol had posted multiple images of himself in a public prosecutor's uniform, complete with insignia resembling those of the Office of the Attorney General. His consistent deceit led many to believe he was a bona fide prosecutor, drawing unwarranted prestige and trust.

Do you know who I am... Lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

so they agree that the uniforms they are wearing are inappropriate.....and the insignia are too much and cause confusion.. Why wear it?? get rid of all these medals and insignia.. They have no use and are pointing to the army.... 

This is the land of uniforms, insignia, badges, gold braid... status has to be shown to those below the ranks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The charges against him include illegal impersonation

Presumably a licence is available for legal impersonation.

I once impersonated The Invisible Man but people saw through me straight away.😋

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite his claims, he was never officially appointed nor provided with any legitimate workspace.

Just another fake like former PM Prayut who claimed NOT to be the PM officially appointed from 2020-2023. I understand how Mr. Mongkol might think he can be a prosecutor just by declaration.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Pilot for Thai Airways would be the logical move. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

This was also true for most of the largely incompetent foreign teachers as well.

How did this manifest itself?  I thought foreign teachers were primarily there to provide exposure to the language.  Were they bad at English?

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

How did this manifest itself?  I thought foreign teachers were primarily there to provide exposure to the language.  Were they bad at English?

Yes, most of all no motivation, discipline. No office skills, lazy, indifferent. 85-90% of foreign teachers are as big a waste of money as the Thai.

Edited by BobDobbs
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

But, even after they caught him, it still took many months before he was arrested and even in the very act of faking it!  How many times did he actually give these lectures and  where, hard to believe even for Thailand.  Just goes to show everyone how rank or even the appearance of rank makes people afraid to say anything because they might be charged with defamation or even worse just disappear.  Scary for sure.