immigration officer asked calling me - Non immigrant -O

2 minutes ago, docinbangkok said:

i think she wants "tea money ".  I was told , like everyone else to come back in 14 days for the visa , so i do not think she would call me a half hour later to tell me my visa was approved .

You don't get told to come back in 2 weeks it should be on the blue green receipt for 2000 baht to come back on this date (two weeks out) for your results

• Sad 1

@mokwit . i have never had a problem with CW before either . i was very surprised by her request for a missed call on her private phone too. she specifically told me that no one will visit me because "my older age , and had worked in Thailand before ". 

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

That could be it, because they are doing home visits on initial non-o Visa applications out there, I know several people applying for both retirement and marriage non O visa who had home inspections during the two week under review period

I am not aware of any other office which requires hand-drawn maps to your residence to be provided in support of - and, consequently, home visits to be performed in connection with - non-O visa conversion and annual extension of stay applications for retirement. So in this particular regard CW can justifiably be considered a rogue office IMHO.

Edited by OJAS
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

In case you want to know why Immigration was calling you, you don.t ask it here. Nobody knows it. If you wanted to know why they called you, you had to answer the call. Now they have two unanswered calls and you don.t know at all why calling you. You make Immigration even suspicious, without any proof, they want tea money.

Even, I don't believe one word of what you are writing here.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, docinbangkok said:

i have a feeling i know what she wants , but i want to try to ignore any further calls and see if she would move on to an easier target

This seems like one of those "You know you've been in Thailand too long when..." memes.

15 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I don't either. OP doesn't ring true.

Have to agree and he is not really telling us much.  Even his mention of being asked before for tea money in Jomtien is without details.  His application is probably questionable and the number is to an visa agency that will fix the issue(s).  Most likely the normal 800k issues.  He should have picked up the call but he might know what it would have been in regards to and would rather not.  

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Not isolated.

My IO informed me 2 years ago they were now required to conduct home visits for Non O applications, retirement or Thai spouse/family.

CW

As a general rule visits are not done for Bangkok. I've never been visited in 15 years

O Marriage

In fact, seems smoother now. I think when you get to a point on a marriage visa that you've done this a dozen or more times they are only looking for the paperwork and not looking to catch you out on some ridiculous little detail.

IO has never stated anything like pick a number and call to see if it's ready. Even seems like they're just doing last minute umteenth check even on the day I pick it up. I've never had it not ready.

None of the officials have ever even remotely ask me for the back hander.

Edited by BobDobbs
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

As a general rule visits are not done for Bangkok. I've never been visited in 15 years

Perhaps you have not applied for a conversion to Non O in the last 15 years.............................

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Perhaps you have not applied for a conversion to Non O in the last 15 years.............................

No I have not. Having said that even on my first extension of the O visa we didn't receive a visit either.

I think the op misread the situation

1 minute ago, BobDobbs said:

No I have not. Having said that even on my first extension of the O visa we didn't receive a visit either.

I think the op misread the situation

Visits on conversion to Non O are a last few years thing. Never did it before.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

I am not aware of any other office which requires hand-drawn maps to your residence to be provided in support of - and, consequently, home visits to be performed in connection with - non-O visa conversion and annual extension of stay applications for retirement. So in this particular regard CW can justifiably be considered a rogue office IMHO.

Required every year at Chaiyaphum IO, even though our address never changes......they never visit though....three hour round trip.

• Like 1

Color me confused. My retirement extension is done while I sit there and takes about an hour. There is no coming back in two weeks; it is all done at one sitting.

What is there to check on a retirement visa

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Color me confused. My retirement extension is done while I sit there and takes about an hour. There is no coming back in two weeks; it is all done at one sitting.

What is there to check on a retirement visa

This is for the original conversion to a Non O from VE or TR. In the last few years for this CW have been giving a two week extension during which they visit you at home. Didn't used to be a thing before they became "Freudian" about tying people on one year extensions to their address while criminals fly in and stay in unregistered accommodation.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1