Kamala Harris Erases Trump's Swing-State Lead, Turning Election into a Tight Contest

Social Media

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Who actually believes any polls this far out from the election? :saai:

You do - so long as the result is what you want.

A sign of more trouble at the ballot box for Trump. Truth Social is experiencing audience decline for last 3 months. Audiences had enough of the foul, harsh and lying rhetoric by Trump and his political allies. Trump has got more frustrated, angrier and now more isolated on Truth Social. This man is going downhill fast and there will be a breaking point to his mental state before November.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/31/trump-truth-social-audience

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Don't count your chicken yet.  Some of those eggs are cracked like your thinking.

Despite Publicly Hyping Kamala Harris, Democrats Are Singing a Different Tune in Private: Report

The Democrats and their allies in the media may be singing Kamala Harris’s praises in public, but don’t be fooled.  As it turns out, they don’t like old “Laughin’ Kamala” any more than the rest of us.  In fact, a new report revealed Harris’ allies are singing an altogether different, much less optimistic, tune in private.  According to The Hill, Democrats are especially worried that Harris may be unable to connect with the white working-class and union voters in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  President Joe Biden was able to connect with such voters in 2020. The three states were absolutely key to Biden’s electoral victory.

But now, having jumped into the race with only a few months left to go, Harris is working from behind.  It may be too late, some Democrats believe, for her to make up enough ground to win the election.  Others are willing to admit the obvious — a cackling, California communist doesn’t exactly appeal to voters in more moderate states.  “Everything I’ve always heard is she doesn’t have that many relationships in Pennsylvania, and she hasn’t established any kind of identity here. Obviously, it’s a very big difference with Joe Biden.”  Other Democrats told The Hill they know from Harris’s previously failed efforts in the 2020 DNC primaries that she is an awful campaigner.  “We need to be very clear-eyed, and it’s going to be brutally tough,” one Democrat reportedly told The Hill.

Trump’s victory may be far from locked in at this point, but having an opponent like Kamala Harris representing the opposition sure does help his chances.  And now you don’t just have to take this writer’s word for it — Democrats are saying the same thing behind the scenes.

"a cackling, California communist" - sounds like some quality journalism. I wondered why there wasn't a source indicated nor a link. Something called "The Western Journal" apparently, never heard of it. It was started by a Conservative political consultant in 2008, the same guy who started the Political Action Committee (PAC) "Citizens United" that eventually were able to get that decision made by the Supreme Court that has caused much of the political trouble in America. This is the one that has led to corporations having the same 1st Amendment rights as citizens and opened the door to the unlimited money that has swamped US politics and shifted democracy to where an outsized voice is given to billionaires and corporations who can corrupt the system by throwing unlimited amounts of money at it via PACs and Super PACs.

If I were the Democrats, this would be the first thing I would focus on destroying, it is unlimited money in politics that has fundamentally corrupted the system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tug said:

The right for Medicare to negotiate drug prices has been accomplished under this administration the vice president is part of this administration I hope that clears things up for you but I doubt it 

It clears things up for most of us, rational and informed homo sapiens, that we are, but you are wasting your breath trying to bring clarity to the MAGA lunatic fringe. They thrive in their fantasy bubble of fascist obfuscation and lies. Their emotional stability and identity depends on their petty resentments.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

All the Presidents in the last 30 years served 2 terms. Can't be best if you kicked out of office in the first term. My advise to you is not to be too impulsive to challenge. Do some thinking before you rush into defending him. 

Not much thought into your posts. Being elected twice comes down to voters not quality. Dumb voters choose Bush, Obama and Biden. That just proves the American public don't make good decisions.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

A sign of more trouble at the ballot box for Trump. Truth Social is experiencing audience decline for last 3 months. Audiences had enough of the foul, harsh and lying rhetoric by Trump and his political allies. Trump has got more frustrated, angrier and now more isolated on Truth Social. This man is going downhill fast and there will be a breaking point to his mental state before November.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/31/trump-truth-social-audience

Most of your posts are foul and harsh. When somebody makes a 1000 negative posts about Trump one wonders about their condition. 

3 minutes ago, xylophone said:

If you really want to see who should be ashamed of themselves, you should see what the Republicans have been saying and posting about Kamala Harris. They should be ashamed of themselves, but they won't be because they know no different.......

1) Within hours, far-right forums were awash in vitriol aimed at almost every aspect of Harris’ identity, mounting what analysts call a smear campaign led by the most intolerant – and menacing – elements of Republican nominee Donald Trump’s Maga universe.
For example, former Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka, speaking to Britain’s right-wing GB News, described Harris as “this disaster whose only qualification is having a vagina and the right skin colour”.

2) Some of the GOP go after her Indian and Jamaican ancestry and use anti-Semitic slurs against her Jewish husband, Doug Emhoff. QAnon-style conspiracy theorists portray her as part of a deep-state cabal and they spread fake photos of Harris with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

It is almost unbelievable how low trump/republican/Maga supporters will go in their efforts to disparage and insult Kamala Harris. You can read the full article in the Washington Post. How very sad the political landscape has become in America…unbelievable and abhorrent to see these comments from supporters of trump.

Shouldn't be surprised because they are showing their true colours after all.

What has she done in 3.5 years? Her critics are correct. If she was a white man people would attack more.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Personally I almost feel disdain for any VOTING AMERICAN  who supports a vile, nasty candidate such as Donald Trump.

Pot kettle

Glass houses

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, thaipo7 said:

Don't count your chicken yet.  Some of those eggs are cracked like your thinking.

Despite Publicly Hyping Kamala Harris, Democrats Are Singing a Different Tune in Private: Report

The Democrats and their allies in the media may be singing Kamala Harris’s praises in public, but don’t be fooled.  As it turns out, they don’t like old “Laughin’ Kamala” any more than the rest of us.  In fact, a new report revealed Harris’ allies are singing an altogether different, much less optimistic, tune in private.  According to The Hill, Democrats are especially worried that Harris may be unable to connect with the white working-class and union voters in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  President Joe Biden was able to connect with such voters in 2020. The three states were absolutely key to Biden’s electoral victory.

But now, having jumped into the race with only a few months left to go, Harris is working from behind.  It may be too late, some Democrats believe, for her to make up enough ground to win the election.  Others are willing to admit the obvious — a cackling, California communist doesn’t exactly appeal to voters in more moderate states.  “Everything I’ve always heard is she doesn’t have that many relationships in Pennsylvania, and she hasn’t established any kind of identity here. Obviously, it’s a very big difference with Joe Biden.”  Other Democrats told The Hill they know from Harris’s previously failed efforts in the 2020 DNC primaries that she is an awful campaigner.  “We need to be very clear-eyed, and it’s going to be brutally tough,” one Democrat reportedly told The Hill.

Trump’s victory may be far from locked in at this point, but having an opponent like Kamala Harris representing the opposition sure does help his chances.  And now you don’t just have to take this writer’s word for it — Democrats are saying the same thing behind the scenes.

I am sure you have a direct line to high ranking Democrats.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Not much thought into your posts. Being elected twice comes down to voters not quality. Dumb voters choose Bush, Obama and Biden. That just proves the American public don't make good decisions.

I guess in your mind they are going to make another dumb decision in November.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Who actually believes any polls this far out from the election? :saai:

The polls today have more predictive value than those of a few months back.

One more month, and the polls will be worth watching.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Back to the topic at hand- according to Real Clear Politics, Trump still has a 2 point lead overall, in their average of all polls. Plus leads in 6 of the 7 battleground states- Michigan being the only one where Harris leads.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

racetothewh.com 

Has Harris in the lead but more importantly this site has a better handel

on the various polls.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Galong said:

That Trump is even a candidate considering his crimes is a very sad statement about the mental health situation in the US of A. It's embarrassing being a US expat. Trump should have been in prison by Jan 7th. As he wasn't, Garland should have been fired on Jan 7th.

I'm not a Harris fan, but Trump cannot be allowed to overthrow the government and ram Project 2025 down our throats. 

Good thing then, that wont happen after he is elected. He didnt do it before, so no evidence that he will do it this time. The anti-demcracy party, ironically, is the Democratic party. They are ramming Kamala down the throats of their voters, and de facto overthrowing the government by keeping Biden on ice. Not to mention their disturbing eagerness to thwart the Constitution on so many issues (guns, Supreme COurt, etc).

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Kamala Harris has an excellent resume for a presidential candidate.

Worst VP ever is a terrible resume. Avoided going to Mexican border and has not been to europe. Worst candidate ever. Giggling idiot.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

What's been discovered is that you are a racist.

The opposite is true. She is mostly Indian. Why do you and her hate Indians? That is the question. Strange for you both to ignore the truth.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I guess in your mind they are going to make another dumb decision in November.

Trump winning is good. Nobody with a brain likes the Indian woman.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Tug said:

Says the foreign person who obviously has an agenda…….trump has so far succeeded in disenfranchising 50% of our population divided our country brought shame and humiliation on the office of the presidency has enabled and kissed up to our enemies.VP Harris has received outstanding support from the dems they (and I) are in lockstep with her to defeat and banish trump and trumpisum to the sewer of history were it belongs 

Tug my friend, you seem a bit hung up on non-Americans daring to have an opinion about what goes on in the US.  Perhaps you are unaware, but what goes on in your country has very big ramifications in mine. So if you don't mind I will still have opinions.

Oh, and which half of the population did Trump disenfranchise? I don't know what you mean. The rest of your rant is, as usual, feeling over substance.  You seem rather scared at the possibility that someone you disagree with becomes President. 

40 minutes ago, susanlea said:

The opposite is true. She is mostly Indian. Why do you and her hate Indians? That is the question. Strange for you both to ignore the truth.

37 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Trump winning is good. Nobody with a brain likes the Indian woman.

Not only pure trolling but racist as well. Give us a break, please. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1