Dutch Tourist Found Dead After Mysterious Disappearance

Georgealbert

August 1, a young Dutch tourist has been found dead after mysteriously disappearing, presumed to have fallen off a cliff at the Khao Ngon Nak viewpoint in Krabi province. Authorities searched for over 16 hours before discovering his body.

Authorities reported that they had been searching for an 18-year-old Dutch tourist who had vanished under mysterious circumstances. The tourist had been visiting the Khao Ngon Nak viewpoint, located in the Noppharat Thara Beach - Phi Phi Islands National Park, Moo 3, Nong Thale Subdistrict, Mueang Krabi District, with his parents when he went missing.

According to reports, since the afternoon of July 31, officials had been conducting a search operation for more than 16 hours. The tourist was eventually found approximately 30 meters from the viewpoint, his body trapped on a tree branch beneath the cliff.

Efforts by officials are underway to retrieve the body from the mountain, a process expected to take about five hours. Meanwhile, Mr. Somprasong Prabsongkram, Deputy Governor of Krabi, has been providing support to the grieving parents who lost their son in this tragic accident.

https://workpointnews.com/around/news/N72BF7Z

IMG_4062.png

oh dear  '    very sad and tragic event .....   I hope the parents can find the strength to get through such a terrible ordeal.

The poor lad was only 18yrs old ....   

was he last seen with any Thai I wonder ....  

RIP 

dutch lad...

• Sad 2

So sad. This young lad should have been having the time of his life. The girls would have loved this young guy. No way should he have been mucking around cliffs.

Condolences to his parents.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear  '    very sad and tragic event .....   I hope the parents can find the strength to get through such a terrible ordeal.

The poor lad was only 18yrs old ....   

RIP 

dutch lad...

You are suggesting that ALL Thais are potential murderers ?

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are suggesting that ALL Thais are potential murderers ?

of course not ....     was he alone after leaving the parents.    if not he would either be with a Thai or Dutch most likely. 

Maybe he was alone,   maybe he slipped and fell,    maybe leaning out too far to look down ....  the story doesn't indicate too much detail.  

Edited by steven100

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

OMG yes! Apparently, there was a Thai waiter at the restaurant they ate at. It's well known fact that of all the menial Thai occupations, they are the most dangerous sort.

• 2 weeks later...