Men dominating 'Women's Sports @ Paris Olympics'

KhunLA

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

A woman with XY chromosomes, testes, male hormones and no uterus.  

Who are you referring to? The boxer, Imane Khelif? If so, can you post a link supporting those claims.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

And the truth comes out:

"Imane Khelif's Coach Admits Boxer Has 'Problem With Chromosomes'"

https://www.ibtimes.sg/imane-khelifs-coach-admits-boxer-has-problem-chromosomes-after-she-won-gold-paris-olympics-75644

That news came out the other day.  Whatever a person does in their private life is fine with me.  But women’s sports were established for a reason.  Biological females cannot compete with biological males.  How is that so hard for some people to understand?  Apparently, in the delusional world of the “woke” crowd, if a biological male decides he’s a woman, then that settles the matter.  And so the biological females lose out in the sporting arena.  Nonsense.

2 minutes ago, jas007 said:

That news came out the other day.  Whatever a person does in their private life is fine with me.  But women’s sports were established for a reason.  Biological females cannot compete with biological males.  How is that so hard for some people to understand?  Apparently, in the delusional world of the “woke” crowd, if a biological male decides he’s a woman, then that settles the matter.  And so the biological females lose out in the sporting arena.  Nonsense.

He or She or it, is a bit inbetween, she has female and male characteristics but opted to be designated female. The Olympics needs to sort this out and ban Intersex people from women's sports.

But good to see her own camp now coming out with the truth that she indeed has XY chomosomes and hormone issues, as many of us had suspected.

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

He or She or it, is a bit inbetween, she has female and male characteristics but opted to be designated female. The Olympics needs to sort this out and ban Intersex people from women's sports.

But good to see her own camp now coming out with the truth that she indeed has XY chomosomes and hormone issues, as many of us had suspected.

The Olympics runs the games, to be sure, but if you ask me, there isn’t much to sort out.  If they’re going to have women’s sports, then have them.  But don’t pretend that’s what you’re doing if anyone can be a “woman.” That’s fantasyland.  

5 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I agree that sport needs to sort out the issue. My understanding is that chromosome testing is 99% accurate. Imo if an individual has an XY chromosome then they should not be permitted to take place in female competition.

19 minutes ago, jas007 said:

It's not difficult to understand and I doubt that many people believe that males should complete in female competition.

However, the problem in these cases was not "wokeness", it was people jumping to conclusions about these boxers' gender when there was little evidence in the public domain on which to base a judgement and what evidence there was conflicted.

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

I agree that sport needs to sort out the issue. My understanding is that chromosome testing is 99% accurate. Imo if an individual has an XY chromosome then they should not be permitted to take place in female competition.

I see it the same way, the advanages are too distorting. I suppose it is hard to test everyone and a bit invasive, the IOC would run potental legal risks.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, RayC said:

It's not difficult to understand and I doubt that many people believe that males should complete in female competition.

However, the problem in these cases was not "wokeness", it was people jumping to conclusions about these boxers' gender when there was little evidence in the public domain on which to base a judgement and what evidence there was conflicted.

And yet these same people continue to maintain that the biological males should be allowed to fight biological females because they identify as such.  So, if it’s not “woke,” call it what you want.  It’s still nonsense.

• Confused 1

Testing ... seriously people :cheesy:

Drop your pants or skirt ...

... penis - men's sports

... no penis - women's sports

Geez ... that was hard.  Want privacy, get one of those machines at the airport, and everyone gets a scan.

Testing done.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Testing ... seriously people :cheesy:

Drop your pants or skirt ...

... penis - men's sports

... no penis - women's sports

Geez ... that was hard.  Want privacy, get one of those machines at the airport, and everyone gets a scan.

Testing done.

This means the Algerian boxer you started the thread about is female.

So why the thread?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

This means the Algerian boxer you started the thread about is female.

So why the thread?

He's definitely a dude, as saw a vid, and his short were a bit revealing.  That was no camel toe.

If we're thinking of the same person.

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

He's definitely a dude, as saw a vid, and his short were a bit revealing.  That was no camel toe.

If we're thinking of the same person.

Why do you think she was declared female at birth? At that point there is only one reference, penis or vagina.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Why do you think she was declared female at birth? At that point there is only one reference, penis or vagina.

Because it makes them easier to raise. 

XY chromosomes, testes, male hormones and no uterus.  

• Sad 2

On 8/12/2024 at 2:54 AM, stevenl said:

That's what I've been saying all along. What I tried to indicate with my post is that going down the path of testing will open a whole can of worms.

Whatever s/he is, the contestants were obviously not matched. I don't understand how a much larger and more powerful person can be put in the ring with the real girl. She lost before the fight began. Don't they have to put equal contestants together?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Whatever s/he is, the contestants were obviously not matched. I don't understand how a much larger and more powerful person can be put in the ring with the real girl. She lost before the fight began. Don't they have to put equal contestants together?

They have weight classes, so in theory they are equally matched.

Mike Tyson in his prime? Would you call his contestents equally matched? 

https://youtu.be/hOHvMqAgcmc?si=3FZPK_D4_ehFLHrG

• Agree 1

Just now, Hummin said:

They have weight classes, so in theory they are equally matched.

Mike Tyson in his prime? Would you call his contestents equally matched? 

https://youtu.be/hOHvMqAgcmc?si=3FZPK_D4_ehFLHrG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but his opponents chose to fight Tyson, unlike the poor girl that was just assigned to him/ her.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but his opponents chose to fight Tyson, unlike the poor girl that was just assigned to him/ her.

Mike Tyson also fighted in Olympics.

Amateur career

As an amateur, Tyson won gold medals at the 1981 and 1982 Junior Olympic Games, defeating Joe Cortez in 1981 and beating Kelton Brown in 1982. Brown's corner threw in the towel in the first round. In 1984 Tyson won the gold medal at the Nation Golden Gloves held in New York, beating Jonathan Littles

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I very much doubt that any boxers were press-ganged to enter the Olympics.

As for those drawn to fight Khelif. It was just that, the luck of the draw.

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Because it makes them easier to raise. 

XY chromosomes, testes, male hormones and no uterus.  

Nothing to do with the post I replied to.

16 hours ago, Hummin said:

Mike Tyson also fighted in Olympics.

Amateur career

As an amateur, Tyson won gold medals at the 1981 and 1982 Junior Olympic Games, defeating Joe Cortez in 1981 and beating Kelton Brown in 1982. Brown's corner threw in the towel in the first round. In 1984 Tyson won the gold medal at the Nation Golden Gloves held in New York, beating Jonathan Littles

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that.