Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Common sense would tell me that a lot of those pagers exploded in public areas, perhaps even on airplanes, buses, etc.  Giving yet more innocent people a reason to become hate filled extremists. 

I'm still trying to figure out the math.  How do you eliminate terrorism if you create more than you kill?   Unless, of course, by ethnic cleansing.

I don't think they care. IMO the ones that did it are just as much terrorists as Hamas.

The article on Al Jazeera was showing where a guy had his pager blow up when he was in a market surrounded by people.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

Common sense would tell me that a lot of those pagers exploded in public areas, perhaps even on airplanes, buses, etc.  Giving yet more innocent people a reason to become hate filled extremists. 

I'm still trying to figure out the math.  How do you eliminate terrorism if you create more than you kill?   Unless, of course, by ethnic cleansing.

I'm 100% in favor of Israel eliminating Hezbollah and Hamas fighters.  But not in favor of radicalizing more than they eliminate.

Sooner or later they will give up. Scum always does.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think they care. IMO the ones that did it are just as much terrorists as Hamas.

The article on Al Jazeera was showing where a guy had his pager blow up when he was in a market surrounded by people.

That was a great video. Did you see them all standing around watching the scumbag writhe. Thats a great lesson. Notice how quiet the Iranians have been lately?

I see you are a terrorist supporting Jew hater. Good for you.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Sooner or later they will give up. Scum always does.

But when?   Recent protests all over the western world would indicate support for "the scum" is growing.  Even if they are as wrong as can be, they're growing in numbers.  My guess is that the pager incident will radicalize thousands more.  Not just in the Middle East.  In London, Paris, and California...

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

But when?   Recent protests all over the western world would indicate support for "the scum" is growing.  Even if they are as wrong as can be, they're growing in numbers.  My guess is that the pager incident will radicalize thousands more.  Not just in the Middle East.  In London, Paris, and California...

Well when we deport the foreign terrorist scum dancing in our streets, the silly students wont have anyone to buy their tents and print their signs so they have time to act like useful idiots in between Gender studies courses..

Gays for Palestine!

Edited by Yagoda

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

This is a huge deal. As I write every security service around the world is trying to work out how to replace every on line device with a battery, or protect them from attack.

How do you know what all the Worlds security services are doing ?

Its quite likely that bombs were inserted into the pagers , so there's no need for any other country to do anything about their phones/pagers .

4 hours ago, impulse said:

There's some discussion going on whether "they" took advantage of a flaw in existing pagers to overheat the batteries (think Stuxnet), or they somehow got Hezbollah to standardize on pagers that they have rigged with explosives for all their operatives.   It'll probably be awhile before we know.  

It won't go unanswered.

Just like the pagers didn't 🙂

I understand that the message on the pagers just prior to the explosion  was

*Can you hear me now* (in Arabic) 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

But the video ONLY shows the terrorist getting injured ,  all the other people in the market didn't get injured or harmed at all .

Why cant you say Well done to Israel for not harming the other people in the market and only hitting the terrorist ?

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

Another demonstration of who the real terrorists are in the middle east.

Iran.

Why was the Iranian Ambassador to  Lebanon outfitted with a Hezbollah issued communication device?

So much for respecting the sovereignty of  Lebanon.

BTW, Hezbollah was a deciding factor in keeping Syria dictator  Assad in power. I doubt the 500,000+ dead Syrians and 14 million refugees share your love for Hezbollah.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johng said:

They should just declare California as the new "Jewish"  state and then all emigrate there.

Well, aren't you special. Scared of the "jew" are you?   Just remember that California is the largest contributor to the US  tax base and  is a major driver of  innovation in the world. Quite a difference from impoverished and backward states like MS and LA.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Many of them will have lost the ability to itch themselves , those holding the phones would have lost their fingers 

The injuries were quite interesting. Intended to target the enemy operative, they minimized collateral damage with  no fires or significant property damage. According to security sources and footage reviewed by Reuters, some of the detonations took place after the pagers rang, causing the fighter to put their hands on them or bring them up to their faces to check the screen. Reportedly, individuals  have injuries to the face,  hands (with missing fingers) and hip wounds.     In one move,  the command and control leadership of a designated international terrorist  army and sanctioned group was incapacitated. With these people out of the mix, the ability to control troops in the field  is  reduced.

I don't think Israel did this alone. Supplying pagers to Hezbollah from the EU would have been illegal. Hungary has been a  strong ally of Israel for some time, along with Poland.  It had to get a sign off or a nod from some important people in Hungary.  The Hezbollah or Iranian official who made the deal to purchase the  pagers is going to be questioned  intensely, if not already executed.  The countries which allowed the pagers to transit on their way to Lebanon or Iran would have had to be complicit and I would not be surprised If someone in the  Sunni arab world gave a helping hand to get some Shiites.

Now if only Israel could use such  brilliance to free the few remaining hostages and to finish off the Hamas leadership, the war in Gaza could be brought to a close.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How do you know what all the Worlds security services are doing ?

Its quite likely that bombs were inserted into the pagers , so there's no need for any other country to do anything about their phones/pagers .

It's a former nurse who worked in Saudi Arabia and it is thought by some that through the process of osmosis it absorbed an understanding of the arab mentality. With this new special power, a super matron of the male variety was created.

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Channel 4 interviewed a leading human rights lawyer Professor Sir Geoffrey Nice who explains why you cannot just say Hezbollah bad/pager attack on them good. The so called rules based order is dying a death. Bibi wants all out war now wheras the US was hoping for a period of quiet until the election was over.

Your nonsensical  statements might have sounded better when expressed in Russian. 

Retired lawyer Nice has his view and it does not mean that his position is accurate or supported in fact.

-The pager devices were issued to Hezbollah members. Hezbollah is am armed entity pledged to the destruction of Israel and is at war with Israel. Hezbollah militants are not civilians.

- Nice is well aware that civilian casualties are acceptable in a time of war. The death or injury of civilians during an operation against a legitimate military objective is permissible subject to the principles of proportionality and military necessity. There were almost no civilian casualties and the targeting of Hezbollah command and control structure is a legitimate target.

- Nice is claiming  civilian casualties in large numbers do not support the  incident. Ok, but there are not large numbers of civilian casualties.  There are 2 civilian casualties reported without any supporting evidence. The balance of injuries were sustained by Hezbollah male militants.

- Nice goes off on a tangent referencing schools and hospitals being struck. Putting aside the fact that Hezbollah and Hamas use schools and hospitals for military intent, as control centers, barracks and munition dumps, that is not  the case here.

- He then goes off and claiming that Lebanon should pursue this by the ICC. Cute.  He ignores the fact that Hezbollah is a state within a state and does not recognize the  government  of Lebanon's legitimacy and is of the view that Lebanon should be  reunited with Syria.  Hezbollah would have to agree to  Lebanon's legitimacy and  agree to  follow Lebanese law and jurisdiction.

- And  his insincerity doesn't stop there. He ignores the fact that Hezbollah is the military force that is propping up the  regime of Assad in Syria.

Please consult with your Russian friends to rework your claim.

• Like 1

A number of off topic, unsubstantiated, baiting and bickering posts have been removed along with the replies. There is additionally separate topics on the pager and walkie talkie explosions in Lebanon here:

Pager Explosions in Lebanon Target Hezbollah Members 9 Dead Thousands Injured

https://aseannow.com/topic/1338459-pager-explosions-in-lebanon-target-hezbollah-members-9-dead-thousands-injured/

Chaos Erupts in Lebanon as Walkie-Talkie Explosions Adds to Yesterdays Pager Blasts

https://aseannow.com/topic/1338545-chaos-erupts-in-lebanon-as-walkie-talkie-explosions-adds-to-yesterdays-pager-blasts/

The tide is turning against israel. Even the UK abstained, rather than vote against.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240918-un-general-assembly-to-vote-on-call-for-end-to-israeli-occupation

UN members demand end to 'unlawful' Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories

There were 124 votes in favor, 14 against and a notable 43 abstentions,

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/9/18/un-general-assembly-overwhelmingly-calls-for-end-of-israeli-occupation

Several US allies – including France, Finland and Mexico – voted in favour of Wednesday’s resolution. The United Kingdom, Ukraine and Canada abstained.