Getting a new smartphone soon. Any suggestions?

I'll be buying new smartphone soon, probably 2 as missis needs a new one as well. We need 5G for use in Oz when we go there again in a few months time. I've been watching hundreds of YT vids, so after much research I've narrowed down to 3. My budget is 8000-9000 Baht per phone. The 3 on my short list are all 5G, all 8/256, all have 5000 batteries, all have Android 14, all have fast charging, all are dual sim. From what I can judge all have good specs for the price and all have good cameras. The short list is:

Realme 12+ (8+256) Navigator (5G) ฿8,499 from Banana. (2 OS upgrades and 3 years of security patches)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Smartphone (8+256) (5G) ฿7,799 from Banana. (3 OS upgrades and 4 years of security updates)

Samsung Galaxy A15 Smartphone (8+256GB) (5G) ฿8,999 from Banana. (4 OS upgrades and 5 years of security updates)

I've checked online prices at Shopee, Lazada, PowerBuy, and others, and Banana are doing the best prices. I'm currently leaning very much towards the Realme 12+ which seems to tick the right boxes. The Realme includes the fast charger, Redmi may or may not include the charger, as I've heard they have ceased including chargers now, and Samsung of course do not include the charger. 

Anyway, before I bite the bullet I'm interested in any opinions/thoughts from others. Any other phone in my price range I should take a look at?

6 hours ago, grain said:

I'll be buying new smartphone soon, probably 2 as missis needs a new one as well. We need 5G for use in Oz when we go there again in a few months time. I've been watching hundreds of YT vids, so after much research I've narrowed down to 3. My budget is 8000-9000 Baht per phone. The 3 on my short list are all 5G, all 8/256, all have 5000 batteries, all have Android 14, all have fast charging, all are dual sim. From what I can judge all have good specs for the price and all have good cameras. The short list is:

Realme 12+ (8+256) Navigator (5G) ฿8,499 from Banana. (2 OS upgrades and 3 years of security patches)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Smartphone (8+256) (5G) ฿7,799 from Banana. (3 OS upgrades and 4 years of security updates)

Samsung Galaxy A15 Smartphone (8+256GB) (5G) ฿8,999 from Banana. (4 OS upgrades and 5 years of security updates)

I've checked online prices at Shopee, Lazada, PowerBuy, and others, and Banana are doing the best prices. I'm currently leaning very much towards the Realme 12+ which seems to tick the right boxes. The Realme includes the fast charger, Redmi may or may not include the charger, as I've heard they have ceased including chargers now, and Samsung of course do not include the charger. 

Anyway, before I bite the bullet I'm interested in any opinions/thoughts from others. Any other phone in my price range I should take a look at?

https://www.ais.th/consumers/promotions/phone-device/hotdeals/xiaomi/phone

• Like 1

Both my Redmi Note 10+ (4G) and 13+(5G) (bought on Lazada) included chargers. Both are perfect.  But I didn't watch any videos to cloud my choice, just bought a phone.  I am absolutely sure the Realme 12+ would be just as good, just stop reading reviews.

• Like 1

You've watched "hundreds" of YT videos and yet still you come to an expat forum to ask what phone to buy in the range of $250?? 😃

"Much research"??

Buddy no offence. You'll be okay. Just buy a Samsung for you and an iphone for the missis so she can at least hold her head up in the company of such a man as yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1