Passengers trapped on ‘sauna’ jet on London to Bangkok flight (video)

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

The Daily Mail is well known as a rag full of hyperbole.

Well it happened and there’s footage to prove it. I was also recently on that plane from Bkk and it was similar to this until it reached altitude. Surprised to hear it hasn’t been sorted. Very poor from Thai. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Except the Daily Mail never said that. Their opening line was 'The flight from hell... and it didn't even take off!'

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CallumWK said:

Then maybe take it up with AN and ask why they quoted the Daily Mail wrong

I already did. See Rimmer's post above.

Spent 2 and a half hours on plane with no air or water in Washington in middle of summer when it was around 28c outside. Was awful yet the crew refused to give out drinks incase we needed to take off.

Plane ended up there after flight to UK was diverted because of medical emergency. The guy having the emergency got up and walked off and then we couldn't take off as a torrential rain storm arrived with lightning everywhere. Went from daylight to almost dark outside in 5 minutes.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“I was so disappointed by THAI. Their service was appalling. I’ve received a compensation offer but never want to fly with them again. Foreign passengers were extremely disappointed, and their first impression of Thailand was ruined.”

Ooooop's got it wrong again.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

July 25th temp in london peaked at 18 degrees... Sauna would have been welcomed !

True, it was a cold July in London. 

However, having been effectively held captive in an aeroplane previously it can be very oppressive, especially with a duff air-conditioning.

Then to have to sort out your own accommodation for the night is appalling service, Thai has really gone down hill.

• Agree 1

There seems to be more and more problems with airplanes these days. I wonder if that's because there are more flights now than there used to be, or if the planes are not being maintained (and maybe even manufactured) well.

A lot of them cheap charlies,  flying on a crappy carrier with the best fares...you get what you pay for.

And, WTF is a curfew for the aircraft maintenance personnel?   Not in the budget to pay OT, or more than one shift?

Edited by NedR69
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Silencer said:

1.5 hours wait...that is not very long. I've had waits nearly as long for congested airports (lots of planes landing, few taking off), de-icing and de-icing again, and mechanical problems. US rule is up to three hours before plane must return to the gate. The airline should have passed out water as take-off was not happening anytime soon.

Its a long time if the aircraft a/c is not working. I was once sitting on a plane at apron with no a/c for about an hour and it quickly becomes very uncomfortable.

Also strange that Thai have no contingency plans - normally full-service airlines have a list of hotels ready to contact, meal vouchers etc.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

There seems to be more and more problems with airplanes these days. I wonder if that's because there are more flights now than there used to be, or if the planes are not being maintained (and maybe even manufactured) well.

Not just aeroplanes.

Boeing has still got two astronauts stuck on the ISS two months after they arrived - on an 8 day mission.

From USA today

2 months after Starliner launched, astronauts still haven’t returned: See timeline

• Thanks 2

My friend was on this flight and said it was awful! She said it was 3 hours being unloaded and then the following day, they spent another 3 hours on the tarmac before take off!! Not a great start to the holiday!!

• Thanks 1

Agree Thai Airways could have handled the Customer Experience better. 

But what gets me, LHR is allegedly an International Airport, so surely there should be some maintenance staff as well as all the other services working round the clock, Check-In staff, Air Traffic Control, Baggage Handlers, Catering, Fire and other Emergency Services etc to support the after 21:00 flights, or what ever time they clock off.

What would happen if the AirCon failed whilst Taxiing, close the airport!

Typical Woke / Broke UK.

I flew back from the UK recently on Emirates. Nearly two hours on the tarmac at Manchester after the doors were closed. At least we had aircon, but apart from that it was a dreadful start to a long journey.