Breaking news!! Two people die crossing the English channel in a small boat

PomPolo

Don't think it was a joy float 🙂 not sure if AN will let me link the sky news story https://news.sky.com/story/two-migrants-die-trying-to-cross-channel-13195308

But illegal immigrants for sure first reports seem so like I said who cares? their other cross channel buddies won't be setting up a gofund me page for them any time soon they need to get back to the business of crossing from France themselves - a minor setback for them but not a show stopper!

Yeah probably not a good idea to go there unless you like being raped clobbered and mugged by a mob of criminals that broke into the country and then thrown in jail for speaking out against the incident on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, josephbloggs said:

"I'm not far right but......"

Righty ho.

Would most outher countries in the world consider themselves far right? like the one we live in and Australia that would send the navy to send them back?

Why do they keep killing themselves in small boats because England is a soft touch of they make it - they should just drown themselves in their own country and save an already resourced public service in the UK to collect their bodies

• Confused 3

I can see confusion from some posters - i am not sure what you don't get?

You think it is OK for people to illegally enter a country and sap their resources and economy then eventually with a successful channel crossing bring the rest of their family. For the 2 confused at my post I am sure you wouldn't be if they were in front of you or your family in the NHS queues - i am not saying I am glad they died I am just saying I am glad another two illegal immigrants didn't make it on shore however that is achieved

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, PomPolo said:

I can see confusion from some posters - i am not sure what you don't get?

You think it is OK for people to illegally enter a country and sap their resources and economy then eventually with a successful channel crossing bring the rest of their family. For the 2 confused at my post I am sure you wouldn't be if they were in front of you or your family in the NHS queues - i am not saying I am glad they died I am just saying I am glad another two illegal immigrants didn't make it on shore however that is achieved

i wouldn't worry about emjois to your comments. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Every nation has the right to defend it's borders. Why the UK can't stop small boats is a mystery to me.

They don't have to stop them as they just sink. Easier and less messier that way.

Row row your boat...glug, glug, glug

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

I have been thinking about this and don't want to give the appearance I am some sort of right wing racist which I am far from I have lived in many countries myself, latest breaking news 700 arrived on boats in a single day on Sunday alone! That is more people than the population of some UK towns or villages in a single day where do we put them? I don't think the ferries bring that many tourists to the UK!

https://news.sky.com/story/more-than-700-migrants-arrived-in-uk-in-11-boats-in-a-single-day-new-figures-show-13195893

• Confused 1

I know this is a fairly controversial post everyone but it is not my intention to incite any type of hatred I am sure there are many people risking their lives to escape a bad life - my point was more along the lines of the UK should not have to take responsibility for everyone

4 hours ago, PomPolo said:

I know this is a fairly controversial post everyone but it is not my intention to incite any type of hatred I am sure there are many people risking their lives to escape a bad life - my point was more along the lines of the UK should not have to take responsibility for everyone

The UK does not take responsibility for everyone. This is a Europe-wide problem.

However, given some of the reporting and commentary, one could be forgiven for thinking that illegal immigration is a uniquely British problem which is being exasperated by those dastardly French and the EU.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The UK welcomed genuine refugees and asylum seekers who fled war in Ukraine and arrived through regular channels with some kind of identifying paperwork.

It should be made clear that anyone arriving illegally without documentation having paid people smugglers a large sum, will not be eligible for asylum and will either be deported to their own country or held in detention until circumstances permit that deportation. If they can prove some kind of persecution should they be forcibly returned then their case can be reviewed and asylum considered.

This has zero to do with racism or Islamophobia but everything to do with respect and adherence to the countries laws.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

The UK welcomed genuine refugees and asylum seekers who fled war in Ukraine and arrived through regular channels with some kind of identifying paperwork.

It should be made clear that anyone arriving illegally without documentation having paid people smugglers a large sum, will not be eligible for asylum and will either be deported to their own country or held in detention until circumstances permit that deportation. If they can prove some kind of persecution should they be forcibly returned then their case can be reviewed and asylum considered.

This has zero to do with racism or Islamophobia but everything to do with respect and adherence to the countries laws.

I agree with this point of view totally, but I also think detention centers are part of the problem, once the asylum seekers are in those their UK ticket is accepted they just escape and blend into society if and when they get picked up, it's not like an Asian immigration detention centre Thailand or Philippines for example that is more akin to a prison, and TBH that is what they should be like.  If the UK detention centers don't start serving the correct food or allowing the detainees to worship their own religion the human rights people get up in arms, it has got to a ridiculous point and the political soapbox forum here, but still respecting human rights at the same time is the only place I can talk about it, apart from the bars but I stopped drinking a while ago, might start again when I go back to England for a holiday, I'm getting a boat from France though not doing the boring thing like flying in with a legal passport!

5 minutes ago, PomPolo said:

I agree with this point of view totally, but I also think detention centers are part of the problem, once the asylum seekers are in those their UK ticket is accepted they just escape and blend into society if and when they get picked up, it's not like an Asian immigration detention centre Thailand or Philippines for example that is more akin to a prison, and TBH that is what they should be like.  If the UK detention centers don't start serving the correct food or allowing the detainees to worship their own religion the human rights people get up in arms, it has got to a ridiculous point and the political soapbox forum here, but still respecting human rights at the same time is the only place I can talk about it, apart from the bars but I stopped drinking a while ago, might start again when I go back to England for a holiday, I'm getting a boat from France though not doing the boring thing like flying in with a legal passport!

My meaning of detention center was a literall one. 

Once inside the gates no exit except when asylum  is approved. The facilities inside should allow necessary  creature comforts and outdoor recreation areas etc.

• Thanks 1

While I am not Donald Trumps biggest fan he had the right idea on this, a couple of kids got separated from their parents for a couple of weeks (boo hoo) if they tried to enter the country illegally and the parents got banged up in a proper jail before they were deported, but again they knew the risks and why take a child on an illegal excersise they deserved what they got, same with the channel crossing why risk your kids life? 
Trump cut down the illegal immigration numbers that's proven, its the only thing that makes these law breakers think twice, rather than destroy a haulage companies business when they hibernate, pee and poo in a truck and the haulage firm gets done for it, then on arrival social services take care of you, put you in a nice 5* hotel, give you money to buy stuff then eventually your own house when the UK is struggling to take care of it's own citizens, been thinking about getting a foreign passport myself a better welcome than a returning UK citizen 🙂

• Thanks 1

UK mentality is it is the people smugglers fault, if there is demand there will always be supply - it's like telling everyone its ok to go out and buy a kilo of coke or meth it's not your fault it's those pesky dealers so don't worry about it here's a free house to help you out 🙂 

A severe analogy I know but what is the difference?

To keep the thread active 🙂
Might need to go back to the UK at Christmas and my Thai girlfriend wants to come with me.
She said to me is it difficult to get a visa to England? I replied we are not flying we are going to France first and buying a Dinghy (she just looked at me with a cute confused smile) then when we arrive in the UK we will get an official greeting of police boats and life boats then they will put us in a nice hotel and give us some money, after that we will escape from the inadequate detention areas and go and visit my family (cheaper than airbnb).
If they do (which they won't) kick us out we'll come back to Thailand for a holiday, visas are old school!

I don't think Thailand and Laos have the same issues - a shorter and safer boat crossing across the Mekong - I would prefer to use the friendship bridge and pay my farang dues to the immigration people as a way of saying thank you for welcoming me to your country, I very much doubt they will give me a house (bigger the more illegitimate children you have) car, pension, social security or job seekers allowance. 

Welcome to England.

1 hour ago, PomPolo said:

To keep the thread active 🙂
Might need to go back to the UK at Christmas and my Thai girlfriend wants to come with me.
She said to me is it difficult to get a visa to England? I replied we are not flying we are going to France first and buying a Dinghy (she just looked at me with a cute confused smile) then when we arrive in the UK we will get an official greeting of police boats and life boats then they will put us in a nice hotel and give us some money, after that we will escape from the inadequate detention areas and go and visit my family (cheaper than airbnb).
If they do (which they won't) kick us out we'll come back to Thailand for a holiday, visas are old school!

Yawn.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://news.sky.com/story/royal-navy-service-member-dies-after-helicopter-ditches-in-channel-13210133

I am definitely labouring this point now but British servicemen are dying along with the illegal immigrants in the channel "training excersise" in the channel I doubt that it is looking for little boats.

The government probably won't announce that through fear of inciting immigrant prejudice and prefer to kill our own citizens now.

What has the world (or the UK) come to?