No more 90 day bank book checks at Jomtien ?

Kerryd

Just curious if anyone in the last 3 months has had to do the "90 day bank book check" recently.

I did my most recent Extension in late May and they didn't give me the "form" explaining the financial requirements with an "appointment date" 90 days later.

The IO wasn't the guy that normally reviewed my Extension Application and he seemed "pre-occupied" with whatever urgent matter was on his phone so I didn't pester him.

I don't know if he forgot to give me the form or if they've given up on checking.

It was kind of redundant anyways. If they look at your bank book after 90 days and your balance is under the limit, my understanding was that they wouldn't renew your Extension next time.
But as they check your balance when you do your Extension, they can easily see if the balance went below the limit and deny your application then. No need to check it twice.

I have to go anyways to do my 90 Day.

Curious if that's changed as well or if we still have to submit a TM.47 each and every time we go.

10 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Just curious if anyone in the last 3 months has had to do the "90 day bank book check" recently.

I did my most recent Extension in late May and they didn't give me the "form" explaining the financial requirements with an "appointment date" 90 days later.

I did my extension on June 24 at Jomtien and they gave me the financial check form to bring back September 21

I did an extension last December and had to sign the usual form, but there was no order to return in 3 months to check the bank balance. I thought they'd already abandoned it back then as it's clearly not compulsory, as has been mentioned here several times over the last year or two.

• Like 2