Hot Pot Buffet Closes After 20 Successful Years

Hot-Pot-Buffet.webp

Hot Pot Buffet, a beloved restaurant chain, has announced its closure after two decades of serving mouth-watering shabu and grill dishes. In a heartfelt post on its Facebook page, which boasts over a million followers, the management shared the unfortunate news, confirming widespread speculation following reduced outlet operations.

The establishment, originally named "Coca Fresh Suki," first opened its doors in 2004 and quickly gained a loyal following. The restaurant's winning formula of a delectable shabu and grill buffet saw it flourish, leading to its listing on the Stock Exchange and eventual expansion to 117 outlets across the region.

However, the restaurant industry is notoriously challenging, and Hot Pot Buffet faced a host of hurdles over the years. Increased competition also arose, with numerous rivals seeking to capture a piece of the market segment Hot Pot Buffet once dominated.

Coupled with the severe economic downturn brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic, the chain began to struggle. Management responded by gradually closing outlets, a process that by 2012 had reduced the number of locations to 33.

Fast forward to the current year, only four outlets remained operational. Today's closure marks the end of an era for a restaurant chain that held a special place in the hearts of its customers. The farewell message from the management thanked loyal patrons for their support and reminisced about the good times that contributed to the brand's legacy, reported THai Newsroom.

Though saddened by the closure, many loyal fans have taken to social media to share fond memories and express gratitude for the dining experiences Hot Pot Buffet provided. The restaurant's journey might have come to a halt, but its legacy of bringing people together over delicious meals will not soon be forgotten.

TOP: Picture courtesy: Prachachat

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-23

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

Coupled with the severe economic downturn brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic, the chain began to struggle. Management responded by gradually closing outlets, a process that by 2012 had reduced the number of locations to 33.

Think they mean 2021 rather than 2012.

I think the outdoor places are more popular. We went to Bang Saen a couple of weeks ago we passed 3 hot pot type buffets nearby and all were mobbed.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

Must be tough if Hot Pot is closing its doors. I didn't like it but I always saw people eating there.

Hate it myself. Unfortunately, my wife and our son love it. As does the Mother in law. I dont like to see businesses close but I ll not miss it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Hot Pot Buffet, a beloved restaurant chain, has announced its closure after two decades of serving mouth-watering shabu and grill dishes.

If that is true, why have to close?

7 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Must be tough if Hot Pot is closing its doors. I didn't like it but I always saw people eating there.

It reminds me of depression food , boiled meats on Chinese aluminum, Disgusting , I tell the girls forgetaboutit , it ain’t happening 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Foek said:

Many bussenises still trugling after Covid.

More and more closures everywhere in the world.

Yes that's (partially) why it was dubbed the "Plandemic"  planed to decimate the independent and smaller business 

while the "big fish"  consolidate their power and transfer the wealth upwards. 🤮

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gknrd said:

I agree......The whole hot water cooking food thing Blows big time...I dont just dislike it...I hate it.....I think most farangs dont like it....99% of the customers are Asian...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I agree......The whole hot water cooking food thing Blows big time...I dont just dislike it...I hate it.....I think most farangs dont like it....99% of the customers are Asian...

Not much different to fondue cooking which is quite popular with foreigners.

Water is probably a lot healthier.

On 8/23/2024 at 2:08 AM, Gknrd said:

I don't like these sort of places either, but my stepdaughter in particular loves them. At least with HotPot I knew what to expect. The one we used a lot in Mahasarakham closed a while back which surprised me as it was always busy.  Certainly there seems to more customers than the Japanese place that is there now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, redwood1 said:

that and moo ga ta make me feel sick afterwards every time. It's the most boring thing possible, plain meat (lowest quality) dipped in some sauce over and over again. barf.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I had a gik that was always wanting me to go with her to her 'beloved' Hot Pot, which I usually declined. One day, after she offered to pay, I reluctantly agreed and let her take me to lunch.

I broke off the relationship a few hours later.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sandyf said:

Not much different to fondue cooking which is quite popular with foreigners.

Water is probably a lot healthier.

The Thai Buffets were you GRILL your own food are quite good in my opinion....I have tried hot pots like places about 4-5 times and hatted it every time...

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

The Thai Buffets were you GRILL your own food are quite good in my opinion....I have tried hot pots like places about 4-5 times and hatted it every time...

You've lost me, you would have to explain how grilling relates to fondue.

You have made the point , you don't like hot pots or fondues I take it.

A lot depends on who you are with, you cannot dismiss the cooking method based  on the behaviour of others. We do them at home but I don't participate if one particular family member is present, pours far to much chilli sauce into the mix for my liking. Easier when out, we get 2 pots.