Kamala Harris’s Convention Speech

Social Media

16 hours ago, novacova said:

Of course no solutions, just storytelling and political rhetoric is all that they have to sell. It’s quite fascinating there are actually buyers of this hogwash.

Its the BBC, I wouldn't expect anything else

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, MicroB said:

Decent speech from a genuinely conservative Republican (judging from his voting record). Trumpf-supporting Republicans, when you look at their voting records and beliefs, are not really conservative (they don't really understand the term). The same happened with the Tories, and the whole nonsense of Red Wall Tories.

The thing about Trumpfism; there are no principles, just grievances. Which means support for Trumpf can be fickle, just waiting for the next David Duke.

Kizinger is one of only two RINOs from that supposedly bipartisan, but totally unprincipled, Jan 6 comedy committee. Call the next bluffer!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

for a speech to the people at the DNC. She has once again proven she has no goals or plans yet what she can or wants to do if elected. Does she even know anything about politics or what is needed to make the US stronger and more independent from outside nations?  OR about what to do with the border crisis she and Biden created? How about welfare or medical costs? Increasing jobs? Anything? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

for a speech to the people at the DNC. She has once again proven she has no goals or plans yet what she can or wants to do if elected. Does she even know anything about politics or what is needed to make the US stronger and more independent from outside nations?  OR about what to do with the border crisis she and Biden created? How about welfare or medical costs? Increasing jobs? Anything? 

All the liberals here have is their phony leftwing news sources. Nothing based in reality. Americas enemies want the democrats to win

Edited by mdr224
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, MicroB said:

You have no clue about me.

You cannot "buy" (sic) my opinion. And what is "traditional America"? Redcoats? Lynchings? Segregation? Coke floats? Turkey with trimmings? Pizza? Cahokia Mounds?

Traditional America doesn't like braggards, with trophy wives, who's father stiffed the US people during a war of survival. Traditional America doesn't like people who made their fortune on the backs of others. They like people who made stuff. Trumpf never made a thing in his life.

Why are you grieving over "weaponization" (sic) of unelected bureaucrats. You prefer elected bureaucrats. The rest of the world laughs at America for electing police chiefs, prosecutors and judges.  You prefer the process of electoral cronyism to actually appointing people to the job based on skills, then firing them when they are not up to it.

You don't know the difference between "to grieve" and a grievance. Given that poor use of English, and knowing many Americans when I lived in Alabama and Tennessee (with a smidgen of Missouri), I will conclude you are someone posing as an American, and that English is not your mother tongue.

I don't think you understand the meaning of "political shill" either. Its just a term your handlers instructed you to use.

Colonel Adam Kinzinger, after serving 3 tours in Iraq (well technically over Iraq), entered politics and was endorsed by Governor Palin. He won all his elections very solidly. He refused to vote on any climate change legislation that would raise taxes. Quite conservative. He sponsored a bill to enable combat medics to transfer their skills more easily to civvie street. Supporting the tropps, very conservative. He voted to support 2017 Republican reforms to healthcare legislation that would have repealed much of the ACA. Very conservative. He supported Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017; cutting taxes, positively Reaganesque. He constantly tweeted #chinahidthevirus. Trumpf would approve. He thought alleged kiddie fiddler Matt Gaetz should have stepped down while he was investigated for sordid trafficing of minors. That seems conservative. He supported cross state line carry laws. Conservative. On January 6 2021, he had a bad feeling and went to the Capitol rocking a .380 Rugar ACP. That is totally fecking conservative American.

He seems a man of principle; he doesn't see eye to eye on many issues with those across the aisle. For most of his adult life, he has served his country. He clearly believes in Law and Order and the US Constitution. He clearly decided that Trumpf is little more than a Pound Shop (Dollar Store) Mussolini (Mussolini, for all his pouting, did actually develop clear principles).

His going away speech:

I quite like the cut of his jib. I hold in great esteem those in public service, in uniform or out uniform. And for those in uniform, the greatest respect for the reservists, the part timers; they sacrifice so much. I've seen much the same in the UK; the finest conservative minds hounded out of parliament by a scoundral who misused, lied to and abused his Sovereign, utterly destroying a party with hundreds of years of tradition, leaving us at the mery of Labour and the rotten lot at Reform.

Trumpf has suckered you, just like he suckered people before he even got into politics.

Nobody reads that

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

She is all fluff. No substance at all.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Cameroni said:

It was indeed a relief a mediocrity like Kamala Harris got the nomination (well coup annoitment really). 

True. If she was anywhere near as wonderful as the Dems propaganda machine is saying it wouldn't be a close race. she'd be waaaaaay ahead in the polls.

If Trump is so bad, why is he polling close to the anointed one? She should be way ahead, but she's not. Choosing Clinton was a mistake, and they should have learned the lesson that horrid women don't win, but they chose Harris :cheesy:.

She is Trump's best hope for a win, and Trump thanks them for choosing her.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, novacova said:

Of course no solutions, just storytelling and political rhetoric is all that they have to sell. It’s quite fascinating there are actually buyers of this hogwash.

"It’s quite fascinating there are actually buyers of this hogwash."

Reminds me of an Evangelical Christian telling me "I can't understand the ridiculous things that Catholics believe!"

• Like 1
  • Agree 1