Looks like Americans fight most here?

GypsyT

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Classic fascist projection tactic.

Really? Do you support genital mutilation of adolescents? How about taking kids away from parents who refuse to support a childs "transitions".

Who is the fascist now?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, MicroB said:

It won't work. Too many lunatics who would take a potshot. People shoot each other over trivial issues. In 2010, among males. there were 15 firearm deaths per 100,000. By 2020, it was 22 per 100,000 (DaCruz, Bryant University, , but gun ownership is more or less the same (Gallup). Its not because of more crime. In 2010, the crime rate was 389 reported crimes per 100,000, by 2019, it was down to 360 per 100,000 (Statista). People are just shooting each other more.

Actually, black people are shooting each other more. You are pretty safe outside the hood in a big city.

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Unless you've kept your US home or have a large income you probably couldn't afford to move back. But go ahead and blame politics. 

I've been back in the US for a month on business and can't wait to leave. Has zero to do with politics.

Right? If I see another strip mall Im gonna screech. Vote for the next pres, Trump, get my teeth cleaned, eyes examined, new electronics and off I go back to Cambo in three weeks.

15 hours ago, Roo Island said:

The US is a divided nation, driven a lot by dodgy politicians and fake news right wing media outlets. The latter proven by the fact many on the right still fall for the big lie, started by the divider in chief, Trump.

One reason I won't move back. Sucks.

Yea you sure know what your talkin about.Those media channels like CNN, NBC, CBS, NPR and many more always promoting Trump and lying about Joe and company. Always positive stories about Donny boy. Astute observations for sure.

16 hours ago, novacova said:

The US is a divided nation, driven a lot by dodgy politicians and fake news left wing media outlets. The latter proven by the fact many on the left still fall for the big lie, started by the divider in chief, Obama.

Kind of proves your point. It's like Monty python. This isn't an argument. Yes it is. No it isn't....

18 hours ago, GypsyT said:

There are 30 000 'merikans in Thailand and 41 000 Brits and 20 000 Aussies.

I don't see any other group fighting so much among themselves...

That's what has happened in the US too during last 40 years. It's very sad.

When I moved there in 1978 I was stun how harmonious the country was. Everybody got along well.

Do some research on where the most mass gun shooting occurs! Just who owns the most guns! Yee Hawwww!

12 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Americans are not as divided as it may seem. Most don't care at all about politics. They care more about their sports team and such.

Don't EVER forget the guns!!!!!!! Americans kill Americans!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Roo Island said:

The US is a divided nation, driven a lot by dodgy politicians and fake news right wing media outlets. The latter proven by the fact many on the right still fall for the big lie, started by the divider in chief, Trump.

One reason I won't move back. Sucks.

The U.S. has always been divided between good and evil and that will not change any time soon. Trump is the best choice to restore the good back to the United States.

trump.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fully support comments that Media plays key role in being strongly biased, sometimes giving No time to an opposing view.  

People are in some ways a product of the environment we live, grow up and work in.  

USA is a litigious society where we expect uniform, consistent, and unfair punishment for offenses.

Example, The fine, for a wealthy person should be a percentage of yearly income to be fair.

USA psychology and behavior is concerningly flawed.  Zero Tolerance policy (So we give up on people). Almost No workers rights. (Lack of job security or notice of job dismissal lacking.) USA business psychology (Every business should enrich the owner, workers, and profit this is disproportionate compared to other countries)  compared to other countries US top level management is paid excessive amounts and then make workers fight for a small percentage raise or benefit contribution by company.

Back on Topic: It is challenging moving to Thailand.  The resources, processes, requirements, need to physically go to Bank, Immigration, etc. and lack of information, and consistently in paperwork and requirements can change Without proper Notice.

This frustrates us Americans.  Thai's are well know for Not providing all the information or documents for completing a task in one visit.  

Americans seem offended when they have to do 90 day reports, have to provide financial info every year, seem unfairly targeted when Police checkpoints fine foreigners for no license or helmet.  

If like most who have lived here a couple of years and comply with the requirements and procedures, Life is Good.  Harmony is found

You have control and choose to be happy, sad, or focused with just getting through a process you do not enjoy.

19 hours ago, GypsyT said:

When I moved there in 1978 I was stun how harmonious the country was. Everybody got along well.

Part of this currently is that we are facing a critical election determining a rather stark difference for the USA. Until President Biden acquiesced to passing the torch in the country's interest, I had grudgingly resigned myself to losing my country. Now, I am hopeful of a possible overwhelming electorate turn out to vote in November. If this, turns out to be true in fact, I have faith that the overwhelming majority of American citizen voters will reject Trump and his Project 2025 ilk.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Don't EVER forget the guns!!!!!!! Americans kill Americans!

I thought they always said   "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

I always thought that if they had no guns then that would help .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think you're wrong UNLESS there is a massive blue landslide.

The maga fascist movement is now unfortunately much bigger than just Trump. 

They won't quit the maga stuff quickly or easily unless they're forced to humiliating large losses.

My take on the divide stems from the economic squeeze on the working middle class. The statistics and day to day living expenses have resulted in an unsustainable imbalance. This is the outcome of the policies, actions/inactions of both major US political parties. The income/wealth gap has grown much too large and threatens the whole of society. Unless/until real changes are made to bring the income/wealth gap into closer alignment, the madness continues. I hope for a stake to be driven through the heart of the current Trump party and, like you would then welcome a new Republican Party. Meanwhile, I want a Democrat sweep and if they do not move to address the issue I have stated, I will join others in opposition.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Here's the problem.  The left want to paint anyone who supports Trump as being a fascist, even while they're the ones who are really trying to oppress people.

The loony left literally don't want people to be able to vote for whomever they want, they want to have complete control.

Ironic that someone would call the conservative fascist, given how the left acts.

Sorry, which folks at the state level are trying to restrict voter registration? To try to arrange election officials ability not to certify election results?

Edited by Wrwest
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, maesariang said:

Still battling away and losing. Obama had 8 years and failed to get UE under 4.5%. Clinton got it down to 4%.

Nope telling the facts.  Tell the whole story and you'll have credibility and not just cherry pick figures or graphs without explanation.  What did Obama start with and what did he do with it? How much of what Obama did carried over to trumps occupation of office in the first year and 1/2?  You probably think Trump affected the numbers on day 1. What impact did 0% loans have on business? That wasnt Trump 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Sorry, which folks at the state level are trying to restrict voter registration? To try to arrange election officials ability not to certify election results?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

I was merely pointing out how the left tries to control what people do through various dishonest means, and as such a left-wing person calling conservatives fascist is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

I always thought that if they had no guns then that would help .

You mean help the government exert greater control over the citizenry, NO THANKS! Americans do have guns, but unlike their British cousins across the pond they still have freedom of speech, and the press, and the right to express their opinions freely on the Internet without any fear of being arrested.

4 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

You mean help the government exert greater control over the citizenry, NO THANKS! Americans do have guns, but unlike their British cousins across the pond they still have freedom of speech, and the press, and the right to express their opinions freely on the Internet without any fear of being arrested.

Well, thankfully that is very far from the truth. Qv Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists. Musk might let you say what you want up to a point, but if what you want to say is "Shoot all Muslims" even he might draw the line. The US has laws protecting free speech, but also laws curtailing the right to, for instance, incite racial hatred, or any other hatred, homophobic, mysogynistic, religious etc etc. I'm aware many US citizens view these laws as evidence of a nanny state etc etc. but if you've never been the target of such attacks, how the heck do you know what you're talking about? White male? Yeah, right!

I think it's part of our culture.  When challenged, most of us respond.  If that fits the definition of fighting then ok. We fight the most. We will settle disputes directly and at times get in your face.  At times we are out of control. So be it.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

14 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

And like all our posts and conversations.  We have limited power, not enough to make changes without a mass support.  

I would rather have limits on what I can criticize and more power to change governments processes and spending so its fair and balanced for citizens and businesses. Not have Super pacts impact on getting their way

2 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I think it's part of our culture.  When challenged, most of us respond.  If that fits the definition of fighting then ok. We fight the most. We will settle disputes directly and at times get in your face.  At times we are out of control. So be it.  I

Sometimes good. But one thing I like about Thai culture is they do Not openly give their unwanted opinion which criticizes or is hurtful

21 hours ago, GypsyT said:

You missed the gift that keeps giving threads....... BREXIT........they make the 'mericans look like a bunch of lite-weight sissies.