Bangkok Restaurant Owner Accused of Slapping Foreign Tourists

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

When the foreigners arrived at 6:50 PM, they waited outside until their queue number was called at 8:10 PM.

You cannot be serious......I go ballistic if I have to wait for the maitre d' to seat us at our own, reserved table.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

The guide is suspect. He entered the restaurant with his foreign costomers then left "to buy snacks from a nearby shop'

He booked the places but was not intending to eat with them at the restaurant against company policy. Good on the busy food restaurant  spotting the deception. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The article reads as though the guide was attempting to jump the queue, against the restaurant's policy, by getting a queue number for a party that were not there in order that his guests did not have to wait in line when they did arrive, as all the other customers had to.   

His leaving "to buy snacks" probably made it appear that he had, indeed, been lying when he originally turned up to get a ticket and claimed that he was dining also just to get a ticket issued.  How many tourists actually dine with their guide?

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This restaurant needs to be called out by name. I don't care how good it is

There's only one that fits the description and it had been named before you posted.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The restaurant accused him of violating its policies by supposedly selling the reservation to the foreigners. Burapa argued that he only made the booking on their behalf and waited outside with them

The restaurant staff declined his request, insisting that the tourists make their own reservations. Burapa informed them that he would be dining with the group, and they finally assigned him a queue number.

So what was Burapa up to?

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one was slapped as the OP clearly states.

OK, I see that now. Rules and regulations. I sort of get that. But, it still seems like poor form on the part of the owner. An astonishing lack of grace? A huge sense of entitlement? 

• Like 1

unable to communicate in English, yelled in Thai at the tourists, “What the <deleted>! I’ll slap you now if you don’t leave. I’ll call the police to drag you all out!”

in thai? there's no such expression in thai, honey. 

you're faking it