Woman Rides Electric Suitcase While Using Phone on Busy Bangkok Road

8 minutes ago, Sig said:

Actually, that's a great idea, to ride your suitcase! Assuming it's not so far.... But not on the damn road!! lol Unfortunately, the sidewalks here are so RIDICULOUSLY BAD, it would be impossible to do it on the sidewalk, so in the end, you can't really do it at all.

When I was staying in Soi 4 I was never able to take my suitcase on the pavement and always had to drag it along the road.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I was staying in Soi 4 I was never able to take my suitcase on the pavement and always had to drag it along the road.

I've had that issue in various parts of Thailand. The sidewalks are a complete after thought, it seems. Just imagine if you were in a wheelchair and how impossible it would be to get around. I remember a spot by Kasetsart Uni where you need to step onto Ngamwongwan Road in order to get around a pedestrian bridge stairway! And that's a busy road! I snipped this off of Google Maps, but I used to take pictures all over the place of stuff like this on the sidewalks and roadways. After a few years, I got so used to it, I stopped. I should have kept them... and taken more... would make a fun picture book!
image.png.f5553a4895fd50f0746b63c154c31bd1.png

I am more impressed with the suitcase,, the amount of weight it can carry, the amount of weight it can carry and move,, the speed, and the durability , no pot hole too great. and the distance on one charge.. where can I get one ?

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2024 at 8:12 AM, KhunLA said:

This should generate 20+ replies ... I live to help forum's post count :cheesy:

Who hasn't used their phone while driving ?   I do quite often, and even send msgs, although when ever texting/typing on the phone, it's via the voice to text app, as typing on such a small device is annoying.

And don't even try to tell me, you've never used your phone while driving, as simply not buying it :coffee1:

Some of us, can multitask safely.

I am old enough to remember when the phone was in the house. I also remember when phones became portable and I used them while driving. I also remember when that became illegal and I stopped it. This century I have not answered a phone call or text while driving. Whoever calls can wait, I want to arrive in one piece. Multitasking is a BS excuse, traffic in Thailand is so erratic you have to pay attention to it 100%!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smccolley said:

I am old enough to remember when the phone was in the house. I also remember when phones became portable and I used them while driving. I also remember when that became illegal and I stopped it. This century I have not answered a phone call or text while driving. Whoever calls can wait, I want to arrive in one piece. Multitasking is a BS excuse, traffic in Thailand is so erratic you have to pay attention to it 100%!

I can talk & look at the traffic at the same time.  Even put it on speaker.  Sometimes, I even talk to the wife next to me while driving.  I am that good 😎

Texting, very rare, and on open roads, or gridlock.  Speech to text as posted.  I'd say the dog is the most distracting thing, as sits on my lap.   If she hasn't caused me to have an accident in 10 yrs, I don't think the phone will.

Texting is kind of silly while driving.   If not a quick yes or no, or call you later, I'll simply call the person, and actually talk to them.  Why text ?  Probably because it's free, but seriously :coffee1:

On 8/25/2024 at 6:59 AM, Gottfrid said:

This comment reeks of poor knowledge. Driving and using phone is a Thai trademark, that you see at least 1-2 per day on regular motorbikes.

I can't go  1-2 minutes  without seeing a motor bike rider with their face glued to the screen

and plenty of them with 2-3 passengers and going the wrong way

On 8/25/2024 at 10:30 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Disagree.

Motorbikes have brakes, lights and indicators.

People may not be using them, but they are there.

Motorbikes have brakes, .....  until there is an accident ..  then it's  "Brake Failure"

lights ,,  usuallu a traillight that is "out"

and indicators....  rarley used..  and if they do..  it's left on forquite a while..    usually until nose is pulled out of the mobil screen

oh.  don't forget the mirrors .   that are often removed.   they are "not needed"   cause they don't look anyway

On 8/25/2024 at 5:43 AM, Georgealbert said:

IMG_4739.jpeg

A video posted on the social media platform X sparked outrage and concern over road safety. The video shows a woman riding an electric suitcase while simultaneously dragging a large piece of luggage and using her mobile phone on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road near Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok.

The video quickly went viral, with many social media users expressing disbelief and criticising the woman’s actions. Comments ranged from shock to sarcastic remarks, below.

"What? Things you never thought you'd see! What made her think riding an electric suitcase on the road would be safe?"

"She's too chill. It’s like she's mad at her husband for not driving her to Don Mueang."

"If she gets hit by a car, would the driver be at fault?"

"Riding and using her phone at the same time... just wow."

"So relaxed, playing on her phone like it's no big deal."

The incident has drawn attention to the growing trend of using unconventional personal transport devices in unsafe environments, sparking debate over safety regulations on the roads. 

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-25

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

this is a classic !

3 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

I can't go  1-2 minutes  without seeing a motor bike rider with their face glued to the screen

and plenty of them with 2-3 passengers and going the wrong way

You should stay home more.

555.. You guys have outdone yourselves with this selection of comments. Ended up with a sore face from laughing too much 😂😂 No matter what you have to give her A for her total idgaf attitude.. 

I - seriously - can follow the lady's thinking. Arrived yesterday from Pattaya by Roongrueng Coach Services at Morchit Terminal 2 to connect to city bus A1 from Morchit to Don Meuang airport. 

The signage is literally non-existing and if you do not speak Thai, a foreign visitor has an uphill battle to leave the arrival hall to the "white tent" outside in the heat where some 20+ bus lines drive by. Some of those busses do not care and pass by on the main road outside the terminal compound. 

I waited a solid 75 minutes for the correct bus to arrive hence a motorized suitcase might have been the answer. I was doing a survey for a travel guide, otherwise I would have taken a taxi much earlier on. 

In short, a tourist from Pattaya has a challenging ride if (s)he wants to reach Don Meuang airport ........

On 8/25/2024 at 7:19 AM, mokwit said:

Is she aware of local driving standards and attention to the road?

And if she's Chinese, where did the machine come from? Did she bring it on the plane?  Did she take it with her when she left? Do the police even care? 

Did they even check? Didn't any policeman see her on her travels?

But she's 'gone'.

Problem solved!

On 8/25/2024 at 8:56 AM, lordgrinz said:

No such thing exists, there is zero enforcement, and I doubt any Thai even remotely knows the first thing about "safety regulations" on the road.

I'm amazed to discover that they actually have such a document!

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

I'm amazed to discover that they actually have such a document!

They created it, had the King sign off on it, then it went into the dustbin never to be seen again. However, it still exists, so we farang can use it to our advantage when an idiot Thai plows into us, hopefully we survive the crash though.