Thaksin Faces Crucial Decision Between Prawit and Thammanat for Cabinet

Just now, Mavideol said:

hard choice between a convicted (in Australia) drug dealer and a sleepy/fatty gold watch good for nothing guy, what is Anutin getting

I think the headline is misleading. The PPP has actually put forward Thammanat as a candidate for a government post, so it's not a question of Prawit or him. Seems like Prawit backed down. Originally he wasn't going to back him. That's why Thammanat had a hissy fit and threatened to take his cronies out of the PPP. Ung Ing would be mad to go anywhere near him. And everybody knows it.

11 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Simple solution is avoid both

POrawit because of his past watched\s as well as the pending assault case against him

Thammnat because whether it happened in the country or outside, he shows a lack of ethics.

Let's face it: It is not as if the PPRP is going to run to join forces with the opposition. Nor are they going to force an election that would be the end of them.

Get the MPs from Thammnat’s fraction to defect and get the democrats in. Be rid of Prawit once and for all

On 8/26/2024 at 6:51 AM, bkk6060 said:

I left and came here to get away from country politics.  Why any expat who is living here gets involved and emotional about Thailand politics, is beyond stupid to me.  Enjoy, live your life why even think about any of this because no matter what happens things pretty much remain the same.

Politics in Thailand is popular entertainment so let's have some fun too

Thaksin might want to reconsider his role as grandfather instead while his daughter might be well advised to disregard both dinosaurs.

Politically unable and nothing but a nuisance giving Thailand's political face an ugly make-up while the clownery of these two self-centered crooks remains an utter embarrassment to the country and its people. 

But maybe the script reads something completely different; stay tuned for an exciting autumn 😉

Wait, isn't he barred from being involved (publicly at least) in politics?? Is this just some <deleted> show to create an excuse for a party dissolution and then a coup? (party gets dissolved and army takes over but Thaksin is allowed to remain in country)

19 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Get the MPs from Thammnat’s fraction to defect and get the democrats in. Be rid of Prawit once and for all

Consider that the Dems joining with PTP would be the end of the party not going to happen as to thammnat they owe him too much.

On 8/26/2024 at 11:51 AM, bkk6060 said:

I left and came here to get away from country politics.  Why any expat who is living here gets involved and emotional about Thailand politics, is beyond stupid to me.  Enjoy, live your life why even think about any of this because no matter what happens things pretty much remain the same.

I get emotional about the crook because he destroyed the Thailand I loved with his greed and corruption. It never recovered, IMO.

57 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Consider that the Dems joining with PTP would be the end of the party not going to happen as to thammnat they owe him too much.

Dems are a spent force anyways

20+ seats in the last elections they can’t even be considered a force 

Welcome to a year in Tony's life from exile to prison, to released in a day, to at death's door, to parole, to organizing the fall of the elected party, to sacking off the PM, to installing his daughter as the defecto one, to now making decisions of who goes where ..the most  to the most corrupt country laid bare .

You've been hearing about the UK's two tier Kier, this is Thailand's Ten tier Tony  🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/27/2024 at 5:32 PM, Hunz Kittisak said:

Dems are a spent force anyways

20+ seats in the last elections they can’t even be considered a force 

The challenge would be that there are too many people that are red and yellow that remember what it was like. So for these parties to join would be the death of both. As it will show how desperate they both are to cling to relevancy 

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The challenge would be that there are too many people that are red and yellow that remember what it was like. So for these parties to join would be the death of both. As it will show how desperate they both are to cling to relevancy 

Reconciliation 

If old enemies are willing to work together for the good of Thailand they voters will know

3 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Thammanart will have to make his brother a nominee minister, if he is offered anything due to the new found concern about ministers' ethical backgrounds.  

Amazing Thailand where politicians govern by proxies 

I wonder if  anyone would nominate their grandmother 

Edited by Hunz Kittisak

On 8/26/2024 at 6:51 AM, bkk6060 said:

Further to previous comment quoting an example that might get you inerested (Thai tax), it seems that it might, I say might, have been prohetic. I have just watched a video by Integrity Legal published an hour ago. Title is 'Thai Tax News' subtitle 'New Thai tax....requiring all foreigners..."

• Confused 1