Immigration Arrests Aussie Smuggling Apple iPhones into Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

I realise that but somewhat surprised they needed a tip off from an informant to locate him, one would have thought their immigration systems would have picked him up on re-entry.  And still no timeline.

Good point! Could be he quickly skipped Thailand whilst on police bail and re-entered before the police processed his arrest warrant and input it into the immigration system?

• Confused 1

Being that there was an informant, it sounds like he must have blabbed his big mouth to someone about what he'd done and was probably really proud of how brilliant he was in getting around their system. Beginning with the iPhone incident and on to this... I suspect that his IQ isn't particularly astonishing. Who knows what other illegal stupidity he's mixed up in.... A drain on society. Should be flushed down the drain... definitely deserves a wake up call with a bit of time behind bars.

Edited by Sig
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, grain said:

Doesn't make sense. An iphone 16pro 6gb/128 retails in Thailand for 37,000 Bt. And in Australia sells for $1,849, which is approx 43,000 Bt. So he's smuggling iphones into Thailand to sell at a loss of 6000 bt per phone?

These were iPhone 8s, and banned for use in Thailand back in 2017, when he was stopped at customs in BKK.

4 hours ago, grain said:

Doesn't make sense. An iphone 16pro 6gb/128 retails in Thailand for 37,000 Bt. And in Australia sells for $1,849, which is approx 43,000 Bt. So he's smuggling iphones into Thailand to sell at a loss of 6000 bt per phone?

I think iPhone 16 is not available until 20th September 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They found over 20 Apple iPhones in his bag. Bradshaw claimed he intended to sell them for a profit. He was charged and handed over to Suvarnabhumi Airport Police Station for legal action. However, while the case was still in court, Mr. Bradshaw left the country and was later issued an arrest warrant

I don't think he'll be back... 

• Sad 1