Non O spouse visa renewal date

Good afternoon.

What is the latest a person can renew their Non O spouse visa?

For example, can the renewal process be started a few days before the visa end date?

Kind regards

James

2 minutes ago, MrKitkat said:

Presumably an extension of stay, you do not renew visa's.

2 minutes ago, MrKitkat said:

For example, can the renewal process be started a few days before the visa end date?

Yes, up till your permit to stay date, (but wouldn't risk doing it on the last day) 

• Agree 1

Well I work in Thailand but I'd rather not mess around with my company. I'd rather just do the 400,000 baht method. That is easiest. I just want to check I don't have to provide evidence of both as I work in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, MrKitkat said:

Well I work in Thailand but I'd rather not mess around with my company. I'd rather just do the 400,000 baht method.

Most common method.

Requires 400k in Thai bank account in your name only and seasoned for 2 months prior to application and maintained during the under consideration period.

After which can be used as you wish

Also,

Just because you renew it early, it does not change the date you get stamped, at least in Chiang Mai.  Did mine a month early, still have to come back to immigration about a month after the expiration date of the last extension to get stamped.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrKitkat said:

Well I work in Thailand but I'd rather not mess around with my company. I'd rather just do the 400,000 baht method. That is easiest. I just want to check I don't have to provide evidence of both as I work in Thailand.

Immigration prefer you just show the 2-mo seasoned 400K (3 months seasoning required at some offices in the sticks). 

They didn't even ask to see my work-permit, when I was working here and on a Non-O / Marriage, if I used the bank-money. 

The first time, I tried to apply using my job / income, and they gave me a list which was basically a Non-B extension-list involving a pile of company documents, with the Marriage-based docs added to it - a nightmare you don't want to try.  

7 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Did mine a month early, still have to come back to immigration about a month after the expiration date of the last extension to get stamped

Indeed.

Some immigration offices same as CM ....some often 30 days from application.

The return stamp date will indicate 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, MrKitkat said:

Your Non O visa has expired.
It granted you permission of stay for 90 days, and it is that permission of stay you extend each year, a permit, not a visa.

You can extend from at least 30 days prior to your current permission of stay, up until the renewal date, but not advisable to leave it until the last minute.