Advice on car purchase Toyota

9 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Thanks for all the very useful information which is sincerely appreciated.

One final question.I've read several reports that the motor sales industry is having problems and that as a consequence discounts may be available on new cars,

Is this actually true and if so does it apply to all major brands? What would a discount amount to on say a Baht 1.4m vehicle? Last time I purchased a new car in Bangkok (quite a few years ago) discounts weren't available.

It depends on how long you are prepared to wait. Sales are down by 20%. If the industry doesn't start discounting to move stock, they will probably go down further.

There are a lot of repossessions going back to Bangkok at present, something's got to give.

SALES.png

On 8/26/2024 at 4:07 PM, jayboy said:

I don't know that much about buying new cars in Thailand

Jayboy the Auctions ---IMO are a good place to get feel for the price & to buy.  Take a Thai with you --(in Issan) usually the first day its offered country wide by Video--to dealers, the top price that they offer will be what it starts at the next day for everyone to bid. I have brought there twice---- surprising how  new some of the cars are. Other then that " Baht sold" for English -and -  ขายดี  K̄hāy dī = sell good in Thai both very good for cars bikes real estate rental or buying.

A tip for verifying the age--- Pull the front seat belt fully out  on the bottom of it will be sewn a white sticker with the year on it