American Driver Arrested after Road Rage Incident in Wichit

webfact

6 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Police in America are super strict on road rules, he wouldn't make it a Month in my home state without losing his license. So, not sure where he is from (wild guess NYC), but driving like an idiot in the USA will get you serious points ($$$$) on your license/Insurance, and with repeat offenses he could end up with suspension or revocation.

From the videos I have seen on Youtube of US police doing traffic stops, he might even end up  severely injured...or dead. I thought the UK police were bad, but those guys are vicious, armed psychos in uniform.

7 hours ago, gargamon said:

I wonder what she did to make him that angry?

It doesn't take long for me to get angry with these bozo's, the majority being unlicensed, never worrying about being pulled over for not having any registration plates, registration, helmets, unroadworthy vehicles, trucks that shouldn't be on normal roads, drunk driving, breaking road rules in front of cops, cops with mouths open, but doing nothing, etc etc.

Yes I look forward to driving every morning and afternoon, just to see the cops at pedestrian crossings outside of schools, hmm, wonder why, monthly tea money for showing a presence. 

No such thing as an International Driving License, it is an International Driving Permit giving translations of you normal license. If you are in Thailand for more than 3 months then you have to have a Thai Driving License.

• Sad 1

After reading the other reports about the Thai woman deliberately blocking the road in front of the guy, I'd day she was completely at fault. The American may have been a bit hasty, but he was driving his sick wife to hospital.

2 hours ago, sambum said:

So she had to overtake the offending car once ?

"So she had to overtake the offending car once ?"

".....she passed him normally,...."

Which is exactly the same thing, is it not?

No

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

From the videos I have seen on Youtube of US police doing traffic stops, he might even end up  severely injured...or dead. I thought the UK police were bad, but those guys are vicious, armed psychos in uniform.

I support the police, it's the idiots they pull over with attitudes and internet lawyer degrees that are the problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whomever he is, he had better learn some self control or stop driving in Thailand. Because if there is one thing that is certain, driving in Thailand is hazardous, frustrating and fraught with strange and unusual obstacles (and it ain't because of the foreign drivers).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

555 and I was going to go with California, Oregon or Washington.  🤣

The only openly physical drivers I have seen were in NYC, I know they are everywhere, but NYC seems to be very proud of their violent New York attitudes. 🤣

41 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No

He overtook her TWICE, which means that she had to overtake him ONCE/passed him normally - ONCE - Yes?

Unless, as another poster says, he was driving round in circles, which is doubtful if he was on his way to hospital (Suppose he could've been lost?)

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

After reading the other reports about the Thai woman deliberately blocking the road in front of the guy, I'd say she was completely at fault. It was all about face, in that she didn't like being overtaken. The American may have been a bit hasty, but he was driving his sick wife to hospital.

He said he was driving his sick wife to hospital. Didn't seem in too much of a hurry if you ask me.

3 hours ago, DGS1244 said:

No such thing as an International Driving License, it is an International Driving Permit giving translations of you normal license. If you are in Thailand for more than 3 months then you have to have a Thai Driving License.

That's already covered in the thread and irrelevant anyway. It's just a normal incident for the roads here, but a westerner is involved so it makes the news. I don't see the big deal to be honest. 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

w.jpg

Wichit-On Thursday (August 29th), an American driver was arrested following a road rage incident in Wichit.

According to Ms. Sand (alias), a 26-year-old, she was driving on the Bypass Road toward a shopping mall when a car abruptly overtook her twice without signaling. She assumed the other driver was in a hurry.

At the red light near the Darasamut Intersection, the same car stopped next to hers. The angry driver exited his vehicle and attempted to open her locked door, causing her considerable fear.

The police traced the foreign driver through his car’s license plate. The car owner, identified only as Mr. Sunny, a 44-year-old American national, was summoned to the Wichit Police Station. He holds an international driver’s license.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-08-30

news-footer-2.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

These are some of America's newly arrived sub Saharan citizens. 

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, SanSaiExPat said:

These are some of America's newly arrived sub Saharan citizens. 

Have you seen his birth certifictate then? Where was he born? Is he not a US citizen? What inside info do you have?

12 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Police in America are super strict on road rules, he wouldn't make it a Month in my home state without losing his license. So, not sure where he is from (wild guess NYC), but driving like an idiot in the USA will get you serious points ($$$$) on your license/Insurance, and with repeat offenses he could end up with suspension or revocation.

No, they are not.  
Stop signs are completely worthless and red lights are mostly suggestions.  You need to worry if you're a minority and being legal, though.
They're not strict, they're violent.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, ravip said:

Mr. Sunny explained to the police that he was rushing to take his wife to see a doctor due to a medical emergency. He claimed that the other car suddenly stopped, forcing him to brake abruptly, resulting in his wife bumping inside their vehicle. In anger, he got out of his car to confront the other driver.

Despite his explanation, Mr. Sunny was charged with causing property damage and threatening behavior. He has admitted to these charges.

Other car suddenly stopped.... 'nuff said.

YEah but as a foreigner he will get charged for the problem. Forget about the problem with his wife. She must have been a foreigner also. 

1 hour ago, SanSaiExPat said:

These are some of America's newly arrived sub Saharan citizens

I'm in America now for another week. When I arrived at the airport a taxi picks me up and the driver is from Kenya (haven't seen a white taxi driver in years and this is Colorado!). We get to talking and I ask about his visa, his reply "I am citizen". Apparently been here 20 years. Goes on to talk about his love for the motherland. Go figure.

It's 2024. Being an American means absolutely nothing anymore. Literally anyone from anywhere in the world for any reason can come here and get citizenship.  Just imagine if these millions of immigrants from all over the world get passports and start traveling. 

6 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

555 and I was going to go with California, Oregon or Washington.  🤣

I don't know what it rates today, but Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S. of A. has rated number 1 or in the top 5 as having the worst drivers in America, for several years now. 

17 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I don't know what it rates today, but Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S. of A. has rated number 1 or in the top 5 as having the worst drivers in America, for several years now. 

I think you find that was the worst city 'for' drivers, not the worst drivers, in 2022.  based on some site WalletHub) I never heard of before. Forbes states ... Now #5 'to drive in',

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I think you find that was the worst city 'for' drivers, not the worst drivers, in 2022.  based on some site WalletHub) I never heard of before. Forbes states ... Now #5 'to drive in',

wow..  I would have guessed Boston

8 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

image.png.9c86332ccb46cc63b322e70ccc71a325.png

I recognize these professional basketball players, three of which are hall of famers.  Did the 44-year-old Mr. Sunny play in the NBA?  I did not recognize him as such. 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The car owner, identified only as Mr. Sunny, a 44-year-old American national, was summoned to the Wichit Police Station. He holds an international driver’s license.

To me, it looks like he's holding a water bottle and his pink comfort blanket.

4 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

wow..  I would have guessed Boston

Rush hour is pretty bad in Philly.   surprising for a 'small' big city.   When I worked in Philly, I took the train.   Too convenient to house, maybe 200 meters.  Then no parking if you drove into the city.   Can't imagine what it cost now to park for the day.

Driven East coast a lot, and 2 worst spots 30 yrs ago, was the beltway (Wash DC area) and Richmond (surprisingly).   NYC is a joke off course.

• Like 1