Driver License Scam!

17 hours ago, Caldera said:

No idea what you are trying to accomplish here tbh. Warn people not to fall for this kind of dumb scam? Vent about the dumb kid who did fall for it? Anything else?

" No idea "

That is very obvious!  From your responses 2.0 SMF.

On 8/30/2024 at 11:03 AM, thailand49 said:

Recently, my son friend 25 years old I taught him and my son how to drive a number of years ago. He has a motorbike license but no car he tried just before Covid, had a appointment then it hit everything got shut down. The last few years he is working the one day he has off is on the weekend so he hasn't been able to find the time to go through the process.

Last, week he comes to visit my son and he tells the story about going through a company he found Facebook, messenger, interested told to go to this Line I.D.,  basically after doing some research after he told me the results it basically advertises they can get you a license without you ever leaving your room. The do everything for you which from the Ad, is basically illegal! For a car license it advertised 2500 baht.

He makes contact on LINE, they provide the instructions as to what to forward, The next day they Line him forward to him a photo of a Thai 5 year license it looks to be the real McCoy?  tells him where to forward the 2500+500 for medical certificate which he does, a hour later he is contacted again LINE to forward another 5600 baht, that it is needed to create a QR code?  for the transaction that this money will be return when the process is done and they deliver the license to him, hesitant he does comply, after another LINE message we need another 8,000 baht for something else in which in the end you will be refunded 14,600.

Now hesitant red flag even for a Thai, plus he doesn't have the addition 8000 baht, questions the process and tell them he doesn't have the money tells them forget it at same time ask the return of money already paid. The refuse end of communication.

After hearing, I did a bit of research on FB, and Messenger see a number of these types of ads in which there is a picture of a women she is using the DLT, as her source Logo everything even a guy in a uniform with friends posing farang and Thais as satisfied customers. The scam advertising are the one's that refer you to their LINE I.D, this lady has a number of companies referring interested people to LINE I.D. 

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM AVOID!

Why Didn't You Son Just " Do It " Himself at The Purple Palace ?? So EASY But BORING ( Watching That Video Thingy )

2 hours ago, Blueman1 said:

Why Didn't You Son Just " Do It " Himself at The Purple Palace ?? So EASY But BORING ( Watching That Video Thingy )

Not sure what your referrence as to purple palace. We are in Pattaya!

To be clear it wasnt my son who try to obtain the car license illegally and got burn it was his friend who he grew up with in our neighborhood since had moved.

As noted in the original post I trained both myself prior to covid both had appointments but covid hit all got shut down after Q were month long for Thais meantime both had gotten jobs for my son I sent him to the school where he obtained his bije license. Once a week on his off day went for 2 hours took less than a month since he knew how to drive already just need the school to run him through provide the certification to basically cut the 4 month Q.

Yes, I saw that yesterday, guess that is the way to get someone to react!  With the Chinese now over running their countries and I don't know the Online rules or laws why FB, and Line, allows these illegal scams to use their websites.

These ads are using photos taken right in front of the DLT buildings even have guys dress up in Government uniforms to advertise their scams. They suppose to have a Cyber Unit but yet a few clicks here and there I lovated this one scammer and their office,  Bang Chok just outside of Bangkok.

Yet, all we are getting a warning from DLT!  😂

Edited by thailand49

On 9/2/2024 at 2:06 PM, thailand49 said:

Not sure what your referrence as to purple palace. We are in Pattaya!

To be clear it wasnt my son who try to obtain the car license illegally and got burn it was his friend who he grew up with in our neighborhood since had moved.

As noted in the original post I trained both myself prior to covid both had appointments but covid hit all got shut down after Q were month long for Thais meantime both had gotten jobs for my son I sent him to the school where he obtained his bije license. Once a week on his off day went for 2 hours took less than a month since he knew how to drive already just need the school to run him through provide the certification to basically cut the 4 month Q.

Not sure what your referrence as to purple palace.That's what we call the licence place up in Isaan,Maybe because the building is painted PURPLE !!

• Haha 1