Quickwire Products

ravip

Recently I was watching a video on YouTube of a Techie using products from the above company, in his electrical work.

Seems this stuff really help in household electrical wiring/repairs.

Are similar products available in Thailand?

Quickwire Ltd.

Lots of products are available here:

99 สำหรับ 'Quickwire ' | RS (rs-online.com)

But from what I see and bough they are all a lot more expensive than in other countries.

I used WAGO connectors for my electrical installation. I had someone in Germany buying them for a good price and then sent to me to Thailand.

Cheap copies are available from China. I have no idea how good they are. But considering that bad electric connection can be life threatening I wouldn't use anything cheap.

As far as I see Thai electricians use what is cheapest. But maybe there are exceptions.

61n0yHncZQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I used WAGO connectors for my electrical installation. I had someone in Germany buying them for a good price and then sent to me to Thailand.

Cheap copies are available from China. I have no idea how good they are. But considering that bad electric connection can be life threatening I wouldn't use anything cheap.

There are a couple of good reviews and YouTube tests that address both the original and copies of the Wago connectors, AFIR the failure point of all connectors was at sustained currents of 5 to ten times the suggested maximum. None of the connectors themselves failed and the point at which the housings started failing was at several minutes into massive overload current, at which point the wire insulation had also failed.

So certainly the really cheap, non wago style connectors aren’t suitable for anything much over 3A but the wago copies are holding strong at over 50A sustained draw, so good for virtually any application.

• Thanks 1