Gummies don’t work – so what can I try next .

11 minutes ago, stoner said:

There was an edibles course my wife did online with thai government. 

Assuming that was with using regular cannabis flowers containing normal levels of THC and why you mentioned it. 

Meanwhile, was more curious where the law itself stands on this issue. If you are uncertain then no problem. 

Edited by RSD1

4 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Assuming that was with using regular cannabis containing normal levels of THC.  

Meanwhile, was a bit curious where the law itself stands on this.

I'm really not allowed to do anything....other than donate all my money to it. i am on paperwork but not allowed to do any work. 

my wife spent 10 years with me in canada learning everything. 

if i am right there is part of the law that says the thc levels cannot exceed a certain percent of the product. not too difficult to sort out with some maths and standard weights.  

29 minutes ago, stoner said:

If i am right there is part of the law that says the thc levels cannot exceed a certain percent of the product. not too difficult to sort out with some maths and standard weights.  

https://cms.law/en/int/expert-guides/cms-expert-guide-to-a-legal-roadmap-to-cannabis/thailand

Following are some excerpts from the above link:

This licensing scheme was recently ended on June 9, 2022 when the MoPH announced the delisting of both cannabis and hemp plants and their unprocessed parts from the Narcotics Act (2021). Further, CBD extract with less than 0.2% THC by weight that has been extracted from and cannabis or hemp cultivated in Thailand is no longer classified as a narcotic. As a result, those substances are now available for medical use. With the licensing scheme under the Drug Act no longer applicable, the MoPH now licenses and thereby controls cannabis flower useage under the Protection and Promotion of Thai Traditional Medicines Knowledge Act (1999). Commercialization of hemp and other parts of cannabis currently requires no license.

This delisting now allows the private sector to grow, possess, sell, and use locally-cultivated cannabis and hemp plants without requiring any license. However, the Narcotics Act still regulates cannabis and hemp extracts containing tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) of more than 0.2% by weight. Making or handling a substance having THC over said limit (0.2% per weight) still requires a license, with some limited exceptions.

Edited by RSD1

1 minute ago, RSD1 said:

https://cms.law/en/int/expert-guides/cms-expert-guide-to-a-legal-roadmap-to-cannabis/thailand

Following are some excerpts from the above link:

This licensing scheme was recently ended on June 9, 2022 when the MoPH announced the delisting of both cannabis and hemp plants and their unprocessed parts from the Narcotics Act (2021). Further, CBD extract with less than 0.2% THC by weight that has been extracted from and cannabis or hemp cultivated in Thailand is no longer classified as a narcotic. As a result, those substances are now available for medical use. With the licensing scheme under the Drug Act no longer applicable, the MoPH now licenses and thereby controls cannabis flower useage under the Protection and Promotion of Thai Traditional Medicines Knowledge Act (1999). Commercialization of hemp and other parts of cannabis currently requires no license.

This delisting now allows the private sector to grow, possess, sell, and use locally-cultivated cannabis and hemp plants without requiring any license. However, the Narcotics Act still regulates cannabis and hemp extracts containing tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) of more than 0.2% by weight. Making or handling a substance having THC over said limit (0.2%

per weight) still requires a license, with some limited exceptions.

Great.

19 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Assuming that was with using regular cannabis flowers containing normal levels of THC and why you mentioned it. 

Meanwhile, was more curious where the law itself stands on this issue. If you are uncertain then no problem. 

You just posted all the info to clear up your own curiosity. 

18 minutes ago, stoner said:

You just posted all the info to clear up your own curiosity. 

Yes and no. I was thinking more about a possible real world situation. Assuming I was driving a vehicle, got stopped during a routine police check point, and I had just bought a bunch of high level THC cannabis oil/gummies from a shop and had it on my person. Then, assuming the police discovered it, I wonder if they would look at it and say that it is a cannabis extract product and then start questioning the if the THC level exceeds the legally permissible limits? I realize to prove that the THC levels are above 0.2% would require lab testing, etc, but not sure if the police would even be interested. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RSD1 said:

Yes and no. I was thinking more about a possible real world situation. Assuming I was driving a vehicle, got stopped during a routine police check point, and I had just bought a bunch of high level THC cannabis oil/gummies from a shop and had it on my person. Then, assuming the police discovered it, I wonder if they would look at it and say that it is a cannabis extract product and then start questioning the if the THC level exceeds the legally permissible limits? I realize to prove that the THC levels are above 0.2% would require lab testing, etc, but not sure if the police would even be interested. 

i'm sure you can find the answers to those questions by possibly asking the authorities ? 

i cant speak for what might be or what if's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

i'm sure you can find the answers to those questions by possibly asking the authorities ? 

i cant speak for what might be or what if's. 

Thank's and I understand. It was just another curious question and was wondering if you had any thoughts on it. No worries though. I probably won't bother digging any deeper on it. I guess it hasn't been an issue for anyone though or most likely we would have heard about it already if it was a real issue. 

I assume what the authorities are more interested in are confiscating these commercially made cannabis, vape products that are made with harmful inhalant oils, high levels of THC, and being imported illegally and sold through dispensaries. 

Edited by RSD1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of these contraband cannabis vape products, someone gave me a hit off of one to try the other day. I'm against these devices because they contain harmful oils, flavorings, and other things that damage the lungs, but I just gave it a try for one hit to please my friend. It probably was from the states. He said he likes it because he can hit on it all day and not cause any problems with his neighbors over the smell. Expensive though compared to using real flower I assume. 

I didn't catch the brand, or how much THC it contained, but it was a small, plastic, self-contained battery powered device. White in color. Looked like a disposable unit about the size of a thumb drive. 

It had some sort musty fruity flavor. And I took a pretty big pull. A huge cloud of vape smoke came out of my mouth and I immediately felt an uncomfortable stinging sensation in my nose and a slight headache. Then a minute later I started coughing a bit. Not anything I ever felt from real weed before and it didn't feel good overall. I also felt nothing psychoactive from it. I took a solid hit, but I guess it takes a few hits to actually feel the THC. Anyway, now I know a bit more about what it's like and I don't think these are good or safe products for people to use on a regular basis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2024 at 2:08 AM, daveAustin said:

You could do all that and still not sleep. It's not that clear cut. Only hard graft and/or exercise gives me a proper night's sleep. Some people also do remarkably well on CBD or CBN oil. 'Forget the drugs' line is rather old and pukeworthy, as is folk telling folk what to do. Whatever works for someone, eh wot wot!

Camomille tea is relaxing for the evening, before you go to bed. I always shut off everything electronic and read before bed. Bedroom should also be pitch black, light exposure inhibits some sleepers. Soft eye mask...also could help.

On 8/31/2024 at 10:49 PM, RSD1 said:

I’ve tried CBD oil. 30mg of CBD a few times. It was useless to me. I felt nothing at all. Didn’t help me with sleep either. 

Yeah me too. CBD Oil does nothing for my sleep.

• Agree 1

On 9/1/2024 at 4:08 AM, SamuiGrower said:

Thanks @stoner. I’ve said a few words on the subject as an anti-hero, in an industry that I am a staunch advocate of in all ways except for lies. We are at an ‘event horizon’ with cannabis; research dollars are pouring in everyday, in both public and private partnerships. Soon enough we will understand all the pharmacokinetics  of all the cannabinoids and secondary metabolites of cannabis. BUT until then…

…The science does not support the internet/social media claims at present. The claims range from the sublime to the ridiculous, and I explain all the whys. I have written a few things on this forum, and have included a few links. If you want to go in further depth, look at my posts……or not.

To address the post about CBD and Sleep, here is an extract from a similar post:

”Using CBD as a sleep aid is a “movement” magnified on social media. Because it has anti-anxiety effects it has been co-opted as a sleep aid and this is the furthest thing from the truth. It has more placebo inducing sleep effect than the CBD itself. It is NOT a sleep aid. The anti-anxiety effect only works in the presence of THC. CBD modulates all the effects of THC, not being able to bind to Endocannabinoid receptors on its own. ”

Required strength CBD oil for a good night sleep

CBD products don't ease pain and are potentially harmful, study finds

Required strength CBD oil for a good night sleep cont.

SG, I am a 76-year-old male with an irregular heartbeat which is controlled by Tambocor 75mg twice daily. I also have Chronic Myeloid Leukemia which was diagnosed last September. I am already in remission after one year but will have to take the med for at least another 2 years with regular testing to make sure I continue to be in remission before I may be allowed to stop treatment. Right now, I take 300mg of Imatinib per night. 

I have read that the use of any cannabis product is risky with my pre-existing conditions. Do you have any comments or advice for me in this regard? I never hear any conversation about using these products when one has any sort of medical condition. It would seem to me that this would be the first thing that is discussed since most of us are older and have all sorts of pre-existing medical conditions which might put us at great risk of death if we experiment with these products. A few years back, I went to a local government clinic that was giving away the ganja oil to anyone who requested it. When asked about safety pertaining to pre-existing conditions of any sort, the dispensing doctors were totally clueless. This seems very dangerous to me! 

On 8/31/2024 at 10:49 PM, RSD1 said:

I’ve tried CBD oil. 30mg of CBD a few times. It was useless to me. I felt nothing at all. Didn’t help me with sleep either. 

When medical cannabis became legal and as soon as I found a clinic in my province, I went and got myself the oil. All they had was THC oil. As per the instructions I started with 1 drop and worked my way to 7 drops daily. It was very low on THC so never got stoned, but sleep improved greatly.

I later tried home made oil I got from a friend and found out that it takes me 2-3 hours to get high and it also depends on how long after dinner I took the oil and what I ate for dinner. I usually took the drops a couple of hours before going to sleep.

The sleep was good, the high was usually good as well (only 2 drops) and the effect of the high was much longer than smoking weed. I once took my 2 drops just before going to sleep. Woke up about 6 hours later (had to drive my son) and I was as high as a giraffe.... Took another 2 hours to fade.

So now I prefer vaping or smoking as the effect is within 15 minutes which means I can adjust the intake according to the effect, and although I only smoke in the evening a couple of hours before going to sleep, I know that in about 2 hours the highness will fade, yet I sleep great.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Speaking of these contraband cannabis vape products, someone gave me a hit off of one to try the other day. I'm against these devices because they contain harmful oils, flavorings, and other things that damage the lungs, but I just gave it a try for one hit to please my friend. It probably was from the states. He said he likes it because he can hit on it all day and not cause any problems with his neighbors over the smell. Expensive though compared to using real flower I assume. 

I didn't catch the brand, or how much THC it contained, but it was a small, plastic, self-contained battery powered device. White in color. Looked like a disposable unit about the size of a thumb drive. 

It had some sort musty fruity flavor. And I took a pretty big pull. A huge cloud of vape smoke came out of my mouth and I immediately felt an uncomfortable stinging sensation in my nose and a slight headache. Then a minute later I started coughing a bit. Not anything I ever felt from real weed before and it didn't feel good overall. I also felt nothing psychoactive from it. I took a solid hit, but I guess it takes a few hits to actually feel the THC. Anyway, now I know a bit more about what it's like and I don't think these are good or safe products for people to use on a regular basis. 

I agree with you and those oil vaporisers - wouldn't even try them. However dry herb vape is a different story. I have one of those non electronic pen size vaporiser, that you have to heat with a torch lighter. Worked great at the beginning. Tastes a lot better than smoking a joint. However about a year ago it stopped working for me. Might have reassembled something wrong after cleaning it :( so now smoking joints...

On 8/31/2024 at 6:16 PM, JeffersLos said:

Go to the source. 

Look inside and find why you have trouble sleeping, then cure that. Forget using drugs.

No, he will sleep naturally, once he finds the real issue and deals with that. Do you think he will not sleep, he will stay awake forever???

Go off grid for a few weeks, no clocks, no electronics, in no time you will be waking up at sunrise and falling asleep at sundown. Perfectly natural.🙂

It's definitely an inside job ...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I agree with you and those oil vaporisers - wouldn't even try them. However dry herb vape is a different story. I have one of those non electronic pen size vaporiser, that you have to heat with a torch lighter. Worked great at the beginning. Tastes a lot better than smoking a joint. However about a year ago it stopped working for me. Might have reassembled something wrong after cleaning it :( so now smoking joints...

Yes, dry herb vapes are very good. I've only used the electronic types though. You used to be able to find all types of them being sold on Shopee. Then, about a month ago, Shopee removed all those sellers from their site.

One local seller that was very good and who sells lots of vape products is Stable Vape. They have a website at http://stablevape.com. And another one called Kondee. They have a website too at http://kondee420.com 

I'm not sure if they sell those vaporizer pipes like the one you were using before, but you can ask them. Also, the Xmax brand makes some really good quality electronic vaporizers that aren't very expensive. You can find Xmax products on both of those sites. 

One more local dry herb vape seller is https://heatandburn.com/ - They have some even lower cost electronic vape machines made by Anix. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2024 at 12:29 AM, Cameroni said:

CBD oil is the way to go.

I've tried it and know it works. Makes you sleep much more deeply.

so can you recommend a good one? link ? PM ?

Edited by john donson
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, john donson said:

so can you recommend a good one? link ? PM ?

I get mine from the famous Ganja witch. You can google her.

The bottle I get is 500 Baht

Edited by Cameroni
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2024 at 4:08 AM, SamuiGrower said:

”Using CBD as a sleep aid is a “movement” magnified on social media. Because it has anti-anxiety effects it has been co-opted as a sleep aid and this is the furthest thing from the truth. It has more placebo inducing sleep effect than the CBD itself. It is NOT a sleep aid.

I see many people continuing to talk about CBD as a sleep aid. It isn't. Many people have already said that. I too tried it as such and it didn't help me with sleep either. And one of the people with the most knowledge on this site (and in the excerpt above) also said clearly that it is not a sleep aid and any notion from someone claiming that it does help them sleep is experiencing a placebo effect. 

2 minutes ago, FriscoKid said:

I see many people continuing to talk about CBD as a sleep aid. It isn't. Many people have already said that. I too tried it as such and it didn't help me with sleep either. And one of the people with the most knowledge on this site (and in the excerpt above) also said clearly that it is not a sleep aid and any notion from someone claiming that it does help them sleep is experiencing a placebo effect. 

You're wrong. It is a sleep aid. It's not a placebo effect, it's a very marked difference. When you take it you sleep a lot more deeply.

It has nothing to do with placebo. It's physiological.

"Insomnia

The hypothalamus plays a role in several sleep-related functions, including regulating body temperature and synchronizing sleep patterns. CBD can help people with insomnia because it works with the hypothalamus to regulate stress, says Dr. Whitelocke. “Insomnia results from an overactive stress reaction that’s spilling into a rest time when we’re not trying to process conscious trauma,” he adds. “CBD can suppress this dysregulated cycle of stress hormone overactivation and equalize the sleep and wake rhythm through counteracting hormones.”

In a study examining the effects of cannabis on insomnia, researchers found CBD more effectively decreased symptoms of insomnia than delta-9 THC, which is the most abundant active constituent in the cannabis sativa plant that has an intoxicatingly psychoactive effect"

https://www.forbes.com/health/cbd/cbd-for-sleep/

You probably took the wrong dosage.

Edited by Cameroni

49 minutes ago, SamuiGrower said:

If you have pre-existing medical conditions, especially heart related, the best advice you can get would come from a medical doctor.

Your arrhythmia should be of great concern. The medication you are taking, Flecanide (Tambocor) regulates your heart rhythm. Cannabis directly effects: heart rhythm (cardiovascular effects), increasing heart rate (tachycardia) and blood pressure (increasing and decreasing).

Combining cannabis and your heart meds can increase your risk of adverse events. Both Flecanide (Tambocor) and cannabis are processed through the liver enzyme system (P450). Cannabis can influence the metabolism of that drug that can alter enzyme absorption leading to either toxicity or sub-therapeutic effects of your heart meds. The Imatnib you are taking works directly with enzyme P450 functions and can have some nasty side effects (the least of your worries) in conjunction with cannabis and Flecanide.

My PSA to you (and others), if you have medical issues, is seek qualified medical advice when considering cannabis use for any consideration.

I was wondering in general if there is any particular old age when it is said that using cannabis poses more of a risk to health than a benefit?

I realize this might be a broad topic, and perhaps a separate thread about it would be better, but just wondering if the dangers, if we continue to use it regularly as we age, are more based on one's own personal heart health or is there a general age when it is advised to just stop?

By the way, when I talk about continuing to use it as you get old, I am referring to full spectrum cannabis containing both CBD and THC and in ways that do not involve smoking it. So that would remove any possible pulmonary health risks from the equation. But having said that, for people who do smoke it often, then I assume COPD becomes a greater risk with age for old people in general?

Edited by FriscoKid

5 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

You probably took the wrong dosage.

I took a standard 30MG dose of what appears to be a good quality commercial brand of CBD oil made in Thailand. 

Anyway, I guess there is no winning this debate because there are two different camps on it. So if it works for you then great and do continue with it. 👍🏼

27 minutes ago, FriscoKid said:

I took a standard 30MG dose of what appears to be a good quality commercial brand of CBD oil made in Thailand. 

Anyway, I guess there is no winning this debate because there are two different camps on it. So if it works for you then great and do continue with it. 👍🏼

I had to experiment a lot with dosage. Some doses did not work for me, but a larger dose did. It works well and reliably.

9 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I had to experiment a lot with dosage. Some doses did not work for me, but a larger dose did. It works well and reliably.

I don't know what sort of CBD dose you're taking, but from my perspective, I took the standard dose, on a few different occasions in fact, and I believe that it just doesn't work for sleep.

I am also of the belief that if something doesn't work to begin with, then it doesn't matter how much more of it you take, the outcome will still be the same. 

But as I said, if you find that a large dose of CBD oil helps you sleep, then go for it. 

I want to add the fact that CBD oil is not a regulated industry in Thailand. So there is also no way of knowing how much CBD (if any) is actually contained in any commercial source of the oil you are buying. 

Edited by FriscoKid
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FriscoKid said:

I don't know what sort of CBD dose you're taking, but from my perspective, I took the standard dose, on a few different occasions in fact, and I believe that it just doesn't work for sleep.

I am also of the belief that if something doesn't work to begin with, then it doesn't matter how much more of it you take, the outcome will still be the same. 

But as I said, if you find that a large dose of CBD oil helps you sleep, then go for it. 

I want to add the fact that CBD oil is not a regulated industry in Thailand. So there is also no way of knowing how much CBD (if any) is actually contained in any commercial source of the oil you are buying. 

We all have different physiologies. CBD oil does nothing for me. THC has no effect apart from feeling weak and shaky. Morphine has no effect whatsoever.

OTOH, tramadol, oxycodone and kratom are all very effective for pain relief.

If the OP wants a good night's sleep, I have found Codiphen and Amtryptiline work for me. Available over the counter at pharmacies.

It's a matter of the OP trying the various options until he finds what works for him.

• Agree 1