The Importance of Respecting Trump Voters

Social Media

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

The ones that burn my butt the most are those incredibly subhuman Republican politicians who

Why must you use Nazi-like language?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Thank you for your thoughtful reply and for acknowledging the points I raised. I appreciate your willingness to engage in this discussion.

1. Regarding your first point: While it’s true that not all conspiracy theories are false, the issue lies in assuming that because some turned out to be true, others like Pizzagate or the Big Lie might also be true. This creates a logical leap. Each theory should be evaluated on its own evidence, rather than assuming a connection based on the outcome of unrelated theories.

2. On your second point: You’re correct that if one conspiracy theory being false doesn’t disprove all others, then one being true doesn’t prove all others. That’s actually the point I was making—each theory needs to be assessed individually, without generalization.

3. For the third point: Extrapolation can indeed lead to misinterpretation. When we extend someone’s comments beyond what was actually said, we risk creating a "straw man" argument, debating something they never claimed. It’s important to focus on the specific points made rather than making assumptions.

4. On your fourth point: I appreciate your honesty. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment, and recognizing that is the first step toward having more productive discussions.

5. Regarding the fifth point: Humor can be effective, but it can also obscure the argument or be misinterpreted. It’s helpful to clarify the intent to keep the discussion on track.

Again, I appreciate the conversation and your openness. These discussions help us sharpen our thinking and communicate more effectively.

Cheers!

I agree, and when someone comes to me with valid and thoughtful comments I reply in kind, Unfortunately there are very few people on this board that are will to have discussions, so it is very refreshing when this happens. 

1,2) However the person I was originally responding seem incapable of making that distinction, As far as he is concerned from what he has posted he believes until proven otherwise everything from the Republican side (trump)s says is wrong and is a CT while everything Democrat says is true without any basis in fact. But if one side is willing to lie about certain things then is it really that wrong to say there might be a basis for us to question every story the Democrat's call CT. 

3) I agree with you that extrapolation carries a risk but what other tool do we have to try and understand a person's motives or belief's , In person or on TV we can watch a persons body language and facial expressions and that helps us get an understanding but that tool is not available here so we are left with having to extrapolate from the limited information we are given from previous posts. 

4) When I feel I am being mocked or otherwise not being taken seriously I react negatively, It is a character flaw that I am well aware but one that I have a very hard time reining in. 

5)I still have a lot to learn when it comes to debating. And I was trying to be funny but also being a smartass. 

Enjoy your night

Cheers

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

I too have not had any formal training, I recently just started using the available resources on YouTube.

Here is a playlist on identifying illogical fallacies:

Thanks for these, I will add How to debate to my watch list, The Neil Tyson DeGrasse vid was good, I was not a fan of the ad homin 1 simply because it appeared to have a clear bias. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tug said:

I beg to differ Monica was a hot intern putting a knotch in her garter belt and bill Clinton was thinking with the little head a big mistake and worse lied about it.the trist between Harris and brown was between 2 consenting adults and none of our business also a long time ago the rape allegations are just nonsense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_sexual_assault_and_misconduct_allegations

As a Z-Russian I love this thread. Who knows, maybe the USA will be divided into 2 separate countries - Democratic Peoples Republic of America (Democrats) and Republic of America (Republicans). Our leader, Vladimir, would like it for sure.

Edited by zmisha
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chivas said:

No skin in the game being British but anyone who can vote for that insane convicted dangerous criminal needs their head examined

People in the UK think he's ludicrous in the main

Nah. Just Spurs fans.

12 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

An American friend living in Bangkok, a Trump staunch supporter, turned from cheery and euphoric (when Trump was apparently set to win in a landslide against Joe Biden), to a dark and pessimistic state of mind, when Kamala Harris replaced Biden on the democratic ticket.

According to him, the republicans were tricked into fighting Joe Biden, spending a significant amount of money in the process, until very late in the presidential race, only to learn, at the very last minute, that Kamala Harris will be the democratic contender for the presidency.

He finds a hard time believing dems could outsmart the republicans. 

He insists that Kamala Harris democratic nomination is nothing short of illegal, because she did not win in a competitive contest and, therefore, she should be disqualified.

When we argued that she will still contest the presidency in a competitive and democratic general election, he replied that the American elections are rigged, and their outcome seldom reflect the will of the people.
He really seems hopeless, and we can't help but feeling sorry for him

You're so bold - and full of it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zmisha said:

As a Z-Russian I love this thread. Who knows, maybe the USA will be divided into 2 separate countries - Democratic Peoples Republic of America (Democrats) and Republic of America (Republicans). Our leader, Vladimir, would like it for sure.

Yeah, a lot of people have been predicting that.

And maybe that's the best outcome so the country can move beyond incessant bickering. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Yeah, a lot of people have been predicting that.

And maybe that's the best outcome so the country can move beyond incessant bickering. 

I for one would love to see this. However there are few problems for me that I would like to see resolved.

Passport?

Will you be able to chose the state you want? I do use a Texas address but I don't have a current US drivers license

How will SS work? I am eligible in a year or so. 

VA benefits for veterans? How/who would pay that out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Chwooly said:

I agree, and when someone comes to me with valid and thoughtful comments I reply in kind, Unfortunately there are very few people on this board that are will to have discussions, so it is very refreshing when this happens. 

1,2) However the person I was originally responding seem incapable of making that distinction, As far as he is concerned from what he has posted he believes until proven otherwise everything from the Republican side (trump)s says is wrong and is a CT while everything Democrat says is true without any basis in fact. But if one side is willing to lie about certain things then is it really that wrong to say there might be a basis for us to question every story the Democrat's call CT. 

3) I agree with you that extrapolation carries a risk but what other tool do we have to try and understand a person's motives or belief's , In person or on TV we can watch a persons body language and facial expressions and that helps us get an understanding but that tool is not available here so we are left with having to extrapolate from the limited information we are given from previous posts. 

4) When I feel I am being mocked or otherwise not being taken seriously I react negatively, It is a character flaw that I am well aware but one that I have a very hard time reining in. 

5)I still have a lot to learn when it comes to debating. And I was trying to be funny but also being a smartass. 

Enjoy your night

Cheers

I’d like to offer some respectful and constructive criticism to help ensure our discussion remains productive and focused.

Respect in all conversations is often reciprocated, so offering it first can help maintain a positive dialogue.

Taking an adversarial stance tends to provoke a similar response, which can hinder meaningful exchange.

It seems that some of your critique of the original poster (OP) may involve an ad hominem approach, where the focus is on their perceived inability to distinguish between arguments rather than on the specific content of their statements.

This could shift the discussion away from the actual argument and toward the individual, which may not fully engage with the substance of what the OP is saying.

Logical Considerations:

1. False Dichotomy (Either/Or Fallacy): You’ve highlighted a viewpoint that seems to position one side (Republican) as always wrong and the other (Democrat) as always right. However, this might oversimplify the issue, as real-world situations are rarely black and white, and truth can be found across the spectrum of opinions.

2. Appeal to Emotion: The mention of feeling mocked or not taken seriously introduces an emotional element. While it’s entirely valid to acknowledge emotions, focusing on them may divert attention from the logical aspects of the discussion. It might be helpful to keep the conversation grounded in facts and reasoning to maintain a constructive dialogue.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

If out of some sense of a need to set a baseline we liberals write off all past absurdities and affronts to decency perpetrated by Trump and his supporters, both foreign and domestic, it would be to absolutely no avail.

At the very first opportunity Trump will vomit something overtly offensive, his supporters, foreign and domestic, will immediately rally to the new offensive cause and when you think they’ve gone low enough, they will only go lower. 

There is no bottom to how low and offensive Trump will go, there is only how low and offensive he is today, when the urge is upon him he’ll simply go lower. 

His supporters, both foreign and domestic, will blindly follow him.

Being deliberately offensive and trampling over decency is the whole object of Trumpism.

There is absolutely nothing to respect.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I’d like to offer some respectful and constructive criticism to help ensure our discussion remains productive and focused.

Respect in all conversations is often reciprocated, so offering it first can help maintain a positive dialogue.

Taking an adversarial stance tends to provoke a similar response, which can hinder meaningful exchange.

It seems that some of your critique of the original poster (OP) may involve an ad hominem approach, where the focus is on their perceived inability to distinguish between arguments rather than on the specific content of their statements.

This could shift the discussion away from the actual argument and toward the individual, which may not fully engage with the substance of what the OP is saying.

Logical Considerations:

1. False Dichotomy (Either/Or Fallacy): You’ve highlighted a viewpoint that seems to position one side (Republican) as always wrong and the other (Democrat) as always right. However, this might oversimplify the issue, as real-world situations are rarely black and white, and truth can be found across the spectrum of opinions.

2. Appeal to Emotion: The mention of feeling mocked or not taken seriously introduces an emotional element. While it’s entirely valid to acknowledge emotions, focusing on them may divert attention from the logical aspects of the discussion. It might be helpful to keep the conversation grounded in facts and reasoning to maintain a constructive dialogue.

Cheers

All valid criticisms. 

Personal attacks are not my go to unless it starts with a personal attack, and while some attacks are not directed at me per se. They are directed at anyone who doesn't follow their line of reason and I (again recognized character flaw) then attack preemptively because I know they will resort to that attack to anything I post since they have already show how they respond.

Unfortunately I have noticed that when both sides get together there is little to no mutual respect, I once told a guy I meet for coffee that I am a libertarian who is fairly close to being an anarchist and his response was I was a republican, they couldn't see a distinction. So now I just tend to assume (I know) that everyone one who thinks Orange man bad will automatically lump me in with him because I don't believe in most of what either party advocates. 

1, That is poor/lazy writing on my part. Both sides lie as much as the other. I apologize for not being clearer in this string. I tend to not point out the republicans' lies because not only does everyone always call them out but the other side will try to gaslight you into believe they never lie. In my defense it is more of a calling out the not so obvious bully. 

2, As I pointed out I think, It is a character flaw I recognize and while I do try to not allow it to happen, I suck at the trying part. 

Your criticisms are well received and taken in the manner they are presented which is why we are able to converse and I actually enjoy responding, Again thank you for taking the time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Chwooly said:

You are extrapolating (making up) what I may have posted or thought.

My points were very clear:

- It's difficult not to mock the particular segment of GOP voters who believe ridiculous and debunked conspiracy theories such as Pizzagate or the Big Lie. (There is another segment composed of people who pretend to believe in some of them, but that's another story). I did not say everything Republicans are claiming is not true, and everything the democrats are claiming is true.

- the argumentation you used was illogical. The existence of unrelated events doesn't give credibility to claims about the reality of other unrelated events.

As to what I may believe or not, It's driven by facts (ex there is no basement in the pizzeria cited by the theory).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If out of some sense of a need to set a baseline we liberals write off all past absurdities and affronts to decency perpetrated by Trump and his supporters, both foreign and domestic, it would be to absolutely no avail.

At the very first opportunity Trump will vomit something overtly offensive, his supporters, foreign and domestic, will immediately rally to the new offensive cause and when you think they’ve gone low enough, they will only go lower. 

There is no bottom to how low and offensive Trump will go, there is only how low and offensive he is today, when the urge is upon him he’ll simply go lower. 

Being deliberately offensive and trampling over decency is the whole object of Trumpism.

You should remember that most of the Trumpers are victims of a con. Very few actually know what's going on, all they know is what their talking points say. 

And many are foreigners who hate America and want to see a weakened America so that a multi-polar world emerges. So, Trump would be such a weak President that Putin could do as he pleases.

Edited by Danderman123

13 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Sorry, but if you vote for a delusional, criminal, tax evading gasbag then the last thing you'll get from me is respect! 

No one is asking you to respect Trump, but rather the poor misguided fools who support Trump.

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You should remember that most of the Trumpers are victims of a con. Very few actually know what's going on, all they know is what their talking points say. 

And many are foreigners who hate America and want to see a weakened America so that a multi-polar world emerges. So, Trump would be such a weak President that Putin could do as he pleases.

I agree entirely.

I’ve also been in Thailand long enough to know it’s pointless, a thankless task even, to point out to a rube that they are being played.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Dan O said:

Glad you liked it. But your deflecting as usual and have no idea or facts to back up your claims you wrote earlier or your speculation about me. Troll on trumpette 

And as usual you're deflecting from offering any ideas or facts to back up your claim that my claims are false, including my claim that your claim is merely an unproven claim. Just blowing smoke and forum posturing. YAWN. You tired of bickering yet? Help is at hand if needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candide said:

You are extrapolating (making up) what I may have posted or thought.

My points were very clear:

- It's difficult not to mock the particular segment of GOP voters who believe ridiculous and debunked conspiracy theories such as Pizzagate or the Big Lie. (There is another segment composed of people who pretend to believe in some of them, but that's another story). I did not say everything Republicans are claiming is not true, and everything the democrats are claiming is true.

- the argumentation you used was illogical. The existence of unrelated events doesn't give credibility to claims about the reality of other unrelated events.

As to what I may believe or not, It's driven by facts (ex there is no basement in the pizzeria cited by the theory).

Your points are not very clear, Hunter Bidens laptop was debunked as a CT until it wasn't as was the Steele Dossier. Both of which the FBI knew about and covered up to some extent.  Yet you can't or won't grant the possibility that there are CT's that could be debunked, You keep mentioning Pizzagate and the Big Lie, I never mentioned those, I showed you 23 CT's that were proven to be true. Yet you keep trying to pass off your BS about it being illogical. While the events are not related the people that are claiming them to be CT are the same, therefore it goes to reason that since they covered and lied before they are doing so now. But you are incapable or unwilling to admit that there is a possibility of a cover up. Just like we have not indicted or prosecuted a single person who partook in Ghislaine Maxwells sex trafficking's crimes even thought she is in jail for that. I know I know that is another CT, She's in jail for a crime that had victims but no buyers. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chwooly said:

Your points are not very clear, Hunter Bidens laptop was debunked as a CT until it wasn't as was the Steele Dossier. Both of which the FBI knew about and covered up to some extent.  Yet you can't or won't grant the possibility that there are CT's that could be debunked, You keep mentioning Pizzagate and the Big Lie, I never mentioned those, I showed you 23 CT's that were proven to be true. Yet you keep trying to pass off your BS about it being illogical. While the events are not related the people that are claiming them to be CT are the same, therefore it goes to reason that since they covered and lied before they are doing so now. But you are incapable or unwilling to admit that there is a possibility of a cover up. Just like we have not indicted or prosecuted a single person who partook in Ghislaine Maxwells sex trafficking's crimes even thought she is in jail for that. I know I know that is another CT, She's in jail for a crime that had victims but no buyers. 

1. Deflection to another issue. BTW, the FBI did not cover up. The Steele Dossier was a private initiative and the FBI did not use it to predicate the Russia investigation. They had the Hunter laptop, under a subponea by a Grand Jury and they were not supposed to disclose information about an ongoing Grabd Jury investigation. (Why did Giuliani wait one year before giving a copy only to the NYPost.? It seems he did his best to make believe it was a CT

2. Ok you did not mention those CT. You cited the 33 Clintons' dead friends CT which is not much better.

2. It's illogical. I and another poster have explained why. It seems you cannot understand logic.

3. Another conspiracy trick. Who is "they" (the ones who already covered up in the 23 CT and may still be covering up, according to you.)

Side comment about Maxwell: the main buyer was Epstein and he was jailed. That's why Maxwell got convicted, for supplying girls to Epstein. So your claim is not accurate. Sorry for being logical.

(Others have been cited by a witness, ex.Andrew, I have not followed up much on it, so I cannot comment about them.)

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That's quite an offensive comment.

• Agree 1