Mango Tree Falls on House Due to Strong Winds & Injuries 1 Near Pattaya

Georgealbert

IMG_5064.jpeg

Picture from responders.

The Disaster Prevention Center of Nong Prue Municipality received a report, in the early hours of September 2, of a large tree collapsing onto a house in Soi Lapp Lae 7, Nong Prue Subdistrict, Bang Lamung District.

Upon investigation, authorities found that a large mango tree had been uprooted by strong winds, causing it to fall on the roof of a house and through a seating area. As a result, one person sustained injuries, with rescue personnel provided first aid on-site before transporting the injured individual to the hospital for further treatment.

The fallen mango tree, which had caused extensive damage to the house, was subsequently cut and removed by municipal staff using chainsaws. The local electricity authorities were also notified to repair the power outage that affected nearly the entire area.

Ms. Janejira , 20, a resident of the house, recounted the incident. She said that while they were sitting and talking when heavy rain began to fall, followed by strong gusts of wind. Suddenly, the large mango tree collapsed, crashing into the house. Unfortunately, the injured person was sitting there at the time and was hit by both the falling tree and part of the collapsing roof, leading to the injuries sustained.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-02

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

I am scared that will happen to mine one day, but it would need a 'Cherry picker' and good crew to trim it down, that would be very expensive, shame one can't pay a nominal fee to the municipality before it comes down, which would be across the road and power cables, of course when/if that does happen it would be free. That's if the Neighbor doesn't set it on fire first, along with the power lines and that wooden house over the wall.

VID_20240107_173000-Copy-frameat0m45sn.thumb.jpg.9a5a5b4ac70fccd162524544946d2725.jpg

Edited by brianthainess

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I am scared that will happen to mine one day, but it would need a 'Cherry picker' and good crew to trim it down, that would be very expensive, shame one can't pay a nominal fee to the municipality before it comes down, which would be across the road and power cables, of course when/if that does happen it would be free. That's if the Neighbor doesn't set it on fire first, along with the power lines and that wooden house over the wall.

VID_20240107_173000-Copy-frameat0m45sn.thumb.jpg.9a5a5b4ac70fccd162524544946d2725.jpg

VID_20240107_173000 - Copy (2) - Trim.3gp 62 MB · 0 downloads

We also have a large mango Tree but bought one of these mini chainsaws on a pole to trim it, from Lazada it is a well made piece of kit and will go through branches up to about two inches

mini.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

We also have a large mango Tree but bought one of these mini chainsaws on a pole to trim it, from Lazada it is a well made piece of kit and will go through branches up to about two inches

mini.jpg

Yes but mine is nearly 20 meters high, and falling branches on to power lines Nah I leave that to other people. 

• Like 1

I have had to get rid of 3 trees at my place... they sure grow fast here. Most recent was a coconut tree which was getting very tall and could have fallen on the house, it was also a contender to attract lightening strikes.... another was threatening to undermine the concrete of my small pool. A third was a Ban Yan tree which was growing profusely and I expected to break my adjoining wall to my neighbours place any time soon. The latter 2 we did not plant, nor were there when we moved in. We did enjoy them for some years and the shade they provided but  ultimately became to big for my garden.