Wife will be travelling when I need to renew my marriage visa

10 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

First pic is visa exemption 30 days. 2e retirement extension.

The second picture is a Non Imm O visa issued by Immigration, with the 90 day permission of stay stamp below it.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

The second picture is a Non Imm O visa issued by Immigration, with the 90 day permission of stay stamp below it.

And the other page is extension based on retirement until 28 dec. The date did not make it to the pic. You really want me to make another pic?

I could tell you the whole story but you won't believe it as all you experts always seem to know better. It really is a shame Ubon Joe is no longer among us.

At the time I was on a 5 year overstay. I met my current wife back then and decided to go legal. I needed a new passport  as well. So I had a chat with the honorary consul at Phuket and told him about my plans:  I will go to the airport, pay the 20.000 baht fine, fly to KL. From KL to BKK, visit the embassy for a new passport and fly back to Phuket. He told me I was crazy, I told him see you in 2 days time. Two days later he said that he never ever had a case like mine. But I was back and fully legal from an exemption to 90 days to full year.

20 hours ago, bubblegum said:
20 hours ago, Liquorice said:

He'd lose his Non Immigrant status, then have to apply for the Non O again in order to apply for the 1 year extension.

If he has to go out, he'd be better applying for the single entry Non Imm O, which grants him more time, and a stay of 90 days, then he can apply directly for the 1 year extension.

Nope. He'll just do an extent ion based on marriage. Done it myself.

You even proved you are misunderstanding yourself when posting your photos. You came in VE 30 days (so you lost your Non IMM status at that time like Liquorice said) and then you applied for a new NON IMM O for 3 months stay to regain the Non Imm status on which you then got a one year extension. This is what nearly everyone does to start to restart the process so you are correct that is how to do things but wrong saying "nope" above.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Listen, I don't care what name the extensions where, English is not my first language and I don't think like a civil servant. All I know is that I went out, got back in again, got extensions based on NON-o retirement without having to leave the country.

I might have misunderstood some of the details (looking for a better word nuances? ) but based on what I did I thought the OP could do the same.

3 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Listen, I don't care what name the extensions where, English is not my first language and I don't think like a civil servant. All I know is that I went out, got back in again, got extensions based on NON-o retirement without having to leave the country.

The difference being the OP has an extension based on Thai spouse and for his next extension she must attend with him at Immigration, but at the time of his extension renewal his wife may be travelling.

6 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

I might have misunderstood some of the details (looking for a better word nuances? ) but based on what I did I thought the OP could do the same.

His options and suggestions have been posted. Unlike yourself, he has an option to apply for a 60-day extension based on Thai spouse.

It basically all boils down to the dates of his wife's exit and return to Thailand, what course of action he would be best to take.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

All I know is that I went out, got back in again, got extensions based on NON-o retirement without having to leave the country.

Retirement not a problem.

The OP concerns non O based on marriage and extensions based on marriage. 

Different requirements and process. 

OP,s wife may not be in Thailand 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Retirement not a problem.

The OP concerns non O based on marriage and extensions based on marriage. 

Different requirements and process. 

OP,s wife may not be in Thailand 

I still don't get it: If the OP comes back in on a visa exemption he has 60 days (plus 30) so by then his wife should be back right? And with his wife back he can go on with the marriage stuf.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

First & foremost- is the Op over or under 50 yrs of age ?? 

Too young for a retirement visa ? 

Not withstanding, he'd need to find an extra 400K, or 800K if he uses the income method.

Then the question of meeting the requirements of the extension based on retirement throughout the following year to change back to the reason of Thai spouse

9 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

I still don't get it: If the OP comes back in on a visa exemption he has 60 days (plus 30) so by then his wife should be back right? And with his wife back he can go on with the marriage stuf.

His wife could stay for up to 180 days in the US.
What date is the baby due?
What date is his wife intending to leave Thailand?

No need to leave the Country if he may be able to apply early given the circumstances, or a 60 day extension may be sufficient.

More details required from the OP concerning dates.

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

His wife could stay for up to 180 days in the US.
What date is the baby due?
What date is his wife intending to leave Thailand?

No need to leave the Country if he may be able to apply early given the circumstances, or a 60 day extension may be sufficient.

More details required from the OP concerning dates.

Now you're making up dates.

• Confused 1