Pattaya eyes one-way system traffic shake-up to Soi Buakhao

snoop1130

roadwork_cleanup.png

Local government officials in Pattaya are considering extending their new one-way traffic system, currently operating on Soi 11 (Soi Honey) and Soi 13 (Soi Diana Inn), to Soi Buakhao. The move follows a successful trial and positive feedback from residents.

Led by Anupong Phutthanavarat, the Pattaya City Council’s Committee on Administration and Public Safety recently visited these streets to evaluate the system’s effectiveness.

“The traffic flow has significantly improved in both sois.”

During the visit, authorities explained the system’s benefits to locals and surveyed the possibility of expanding it to Soi Buakhao. They also identified key areas for road markings and gathered data to reorganise parking on Soi Lengkee and the part of Soi Buakhao that intersects with Third Road.

Officials have also warned against the placement of unauthorised signs or objects in public spaces to reserve or restrict parking, aiming to keep areas clear and accessible.

This initiative is part of Pattaya’s ongoing efforts to improve traffic management and ensure a smoother driving experience for both residents and visitors, reported Pattaya News.

By Bob Scott

Picture courtesy of Pattaya News

Source: The Thaiger

2024-09-02

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

About time but, of course all Motorbike riders will observe the one way sign. dream on.

I think the majority observe it on Soi Dianna Inn and Soi Honey, but in fact the motorbikes are not the biggest issue.

It are cars and baht buses that create the mayhem

Edited by CallumWK
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CallumWK said:

I think the majority observe it on Soi Dianna Inn and Soi Honey, but in fact the motorbikes are not the biggest issue.

So cars and baht buses are driving the wrong way ? cars I can imagine not paying attention to road signs, but the baht buses ? I'd have thought they would know by now. 

2 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Who is talking about cars driving the wrong way. Are you really that ignorant, or just pretend to?

Baht uses and cars stop and park wherever they feel to, and with a two-way system they create traffic jams because they can't be passed easily

You were.............Nothing about parking in my comment. Still just throw abuse at me it is you who are ignorant.

12 minutes ago, CallumWK said:
34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

bout time but, of course all Motorbike riders will observe the one way sign. dream on.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

No No and 100% No.....

Soi Bukow must stay 2 way.....

Today was a classic example, big traffic when the big box coca cola lorry blocked Buakhao, cars definitely couldn't pass, was a struggle for motorbikes, this happens throughout the day

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The traffic flow has significantly improved in both sois.”

really ?

better look both ways when crossing the road because some think it is still 2 way

and doing the same for soi buakaow would be a disaster for transportation  convenience  and access

maybe ban private vehicles and allow public transport and motorbikes

Edited by smedly
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, biervoormij said:

What is the direction of the proposed one way? Is it starting at Pattaya Central Road going to South Pattaya Road so south bound one way traffic or the other direction?

What will be the new baht bus route?

I remember talk of Central Rd. to Diana being 1-way, then 2-way from Diana to South PTY Rd.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, biervoormij said:

What is the direction of the proposed one way? Is it starting at Pattaya Central Road going to South Pattaya Road so south bound one way traffic or the other direction?

What will be the new baht bus route?

It would be opposite direction to 2nd road,  so southbound.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

one-way traffic system, currently operating on Soi 11 (Soi Honey) and Soi 13 (Soi Diana Inn), to Soi Buakhao

I liked it when the baht buses were banned, smooth traffic flow, what happened to the ban? 

Making it one way will interfere with my daily cruise up and down, it's medicinal.

Can't wait for Jomtien Beach road to become 2 way again, it's also interfering with my health, a nice ride along the beach then back onto that awful, dangerous 2nd road. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Peabody said:

I remember talk of Central Rd. to Diana being 1-way, then 2-way from Diana to South PTY Rd.

If that's how they do it the jams will continue on the 2-way stretch, deliveries are major reason for the problem 

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I liked it when the baht buses were banned, smooth traffic flow, what happened to the ban? 

Making it one way will interfere with my daily cruise up and down, it's medicinal.

Can't wait for Jomtien Beach road to become 2 way again, it's also interfering with my health, a nice ride along the beach then back onto that awful, dangerous 2nd road. 

You Perv both ways, no surprises there!  and fromour resident "unhealthy health n safety occifer"! 

Its sweet as is, keep rooting about with busy popular areas for why? Answer that! Easy... Spoil this Soi and create a whole new envelope swapping area for  redevelopment! 

Edited by Olmate

How well is the One Way working on Jomtien Soi 5 the road with the Immigration Office?  Marked 1 way but cars, motorbikes still travel both ways.

What is going to happen when Soi Buakhao is 1 way with people who have been drinking?  Yes 2 way traffic and you will still have to be on high alert walking down the side of the road.