Mother Files Complaint Against Filipino Teacher for Slapping 6-Year-Old

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: CH3

On September 2, at Phaya Thai Police Station, Mr. Kanthas Phongpaiboonwet filed a complaint after a Filipino teacher allegedly slapped his 6-year-old son on the ear, causing inflammation and bleeding.

When confronted, the school did not offer help, and the teacher suggested paying to settle the issue.

Ms. A, the boy's mother, said the incident occurred during an English class when her son struggled with a test and scored a C, prompting the teacher's reaction.

Initially, she did not realize the severity of her son's injury, but after he refused to return to school and was diagnosed with acute external otitis, she decided to take legal action.

Despite their complaints, the school allowed the teacher to continue teaching until the semester's end.

Mr. Kanthas coordinated with the police, who will investigate the case with a multidisciplinary team. Pol. Col. Watcharawi Thammasema stated that the teacher's employer would be contacted, and the Immigration Bureau would be involved to check the teacher's work permit.

The police have assured the family they will ensure justice is served.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-03

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The police have assured the family they will ensure justice is served.

For a small slice of the pie.

If I were the father, I would invite a few other fathers that I know, and go out to play catch me if you can when school finishes, revenge is bitter sweet, I would suggest after the game, the teacher wouldn't return to school out of fear he might get to play again with me and my friends, against his will.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 4

School administration in Thailand does whatever it wants, a police investigation is on the way against this Filipino who is obviously unsuited to be a teacher but they let this teacher continue to teach.

Unbelievable.

• Like 1

Beating students is only allowed for Thai teachers..... Foreign teachers are not allowed to give any punishment like writing rules, extra homework, keep them after school, send them out of the class, or whatever you can imagine and the students know that and will surely abuse their protection

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

was diagnosed with acute external otitis

That was pretty strong slap. Wait a sec: "external otitis"? the inflammation of something inside the ear happened outside? 

Maybe that didn't happened at all?

Also: how many international schools are near Phaya Thai area? I know only 2, and only one has pinoy teachers in primary. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If I were the father, I would invite a few other fathers that I know, and go out to play catch me if you can when school finishes

You wouldn't do it one-on-one then, you'd have to have some mates there to help you, eh, big man?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Can't you handle the teacher by yourself?

LOL, you back again.

Now where would all the fun be, more legs, more fists, but you wouldn't understand hero, or is that keyboard warrior ?

5 hours ago, Cameroni said:

School administration in Thailand does whatever it wants, a police investigation is on the way against this Filipino who is obviously unsuited to be a teacher but they let this teacher continue to teach.

Unbelievable.

OK, but keep in mind that the Philippine teacher would be well aware it's against the law for teachers to hit students but also aware it happens many times every day in many schools.

Ultimately of course it's not OK. 

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

OK, but keep in mind that the Philippine teacher would be well aware it's against the law for teachers to hit students but also aware it happens many times every day in many schools.

Ultimately of course it's not OK. 

She hit the child so hard its ear was bleeding and it refused to go to school. This Filipino teacher should be sent back, and is not suitable to be a teacher. I suppose they allow the teacher to continue because it happens a lot, as you say, but it should never happen really.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Beating students is only allowed for Thai teachers..... Foreign teachers are not allowed to give any punishment like writing rules, extra homework, keep them after school, send them out of the class, or whatever you can imagine and the students know that and will surely abuse their protection

Yea, I can see it now in the school teachers lounge.

in Thai: that damn Filipina thinks she can hit her students? Nobody does my job for me. Doesn't she know that's my job!!!

Edited by StandardIssue

7 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

Yea, I can see it now in the school teachers lounge.

in Thai: that damn Filipina thinks she can hit her students? Nobody does my job for me. Doesn't she know that's my job!!!

Sadly...so true

3 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Smart Mother ******* are simply "milking" poor Filipina. 

There's no way that will happened from a slap. Even slap from Tyson.

Pathetic!

Sure,

Nothing to occupy their lives, as sure as hell, they won't be doing much in the way of work, and pathetically chasing money and any excuse will do.

56 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

She hit the child so hard its ear was bleeding and it refused to go to school. This Filipino teacher should be sent back, and is not suitable to be a teacher. I suppose they allow the teacher to continue because it happens a lot, as you say, but it should never happen really.

Don't believe all you read.

That’s the problem these days. Kids are too soft.

Back in my day three months wouldn’t have passed without the teachers pulling me and my friends into line. Talking to us would not have cut it.

About that age it was usually the ruler on the hand. Teacher used to get pissed off when she missed because I was too quick.

When I was older it was off to the headmasters office for a caning. 

Mum and Dad used to dish it out when required also.

Then later teens, police would give us the same. The old phone book didn’t leave too many marks.

Hardened us up for the real world. And look how good I turned out. 

Spare the rod, spoil the child. 
Sadly these days the kids are all spoiled and have “mental health” issues. 
Woke

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

For a small slice of the pie.

If I were the father, I would invite a few other fathers that I know, and go out to play catch me if you can when school finishes, revenge is bitter sweet, I would suggest after the game, the teacher wouldn't return to school out of fear he might get to play again with me and my friends, against his will.