Emissions Test Stations- Automobile Weight Limits?

I took my Ford Everest to a local emissions station to have them handle my renewal of my annual registration at the DLT. 

I was told that when my Everest required its’ emissions testing starting in 2026, I would have to take it to the local DLT center for them to perform the smog check as the weight of the Everest exceeded the maximum allowed for vehicle testing at the local emissions testing stations. 
Can anyone verify this to be a correct statement?

9 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

I would have to take it to the local DLT center for them to perform the smog check as the weight of the Everest exceeded the maximum allowed for vehicle testing at the local emissions testing stations. 

No doesn't sound right to me  I have seen pickups and SUV's at my local testing center...yes the 6 wheelers and bigger have to go to the DLT.

If your Everest is overweight then take some of the gold bars out of the boot/ "trunk" 😋

10 minutes ago, johng said:

No doesn't sound right to me  I have seen pickups and SUV's at my local testing center...yes the 6 wheelers and bigger have to go to the DLT.

If your Everest is overweight then take some of the gold bars out of the boot/ "trunk" 😋

Thanks for posting. What they had told me didn’t make sense. I’ve taken my Honda SUV to this emissions testing station for years without any problems. 
If I haven’t sold my Everest when my first emissions testing comes around, I’ll try other neighborhood emissions stations