Corrections Department Confirms 24-Hour Guard for Thaksin at Police Hospital

8 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

The whole report reads as though all this happened over the last 3 or 4 days! Ridiculous.

I would agree. I was trying to figure out if I had failed to keep up to date.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RemyDog said:

What about Trump having his ear shot off?

He had a great recovery.

A week later, it was all good, with no scarring, completely in place, and healed.

He does better than lizards, which can grow back a missing tail, but it takes them more than a week.

what ?

you don't  believe it happened, get back on your meds 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Thailand’s Corrections Department has confirmed round-the-clock surveillance for former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who received treatment at the Police General Hospital. This comes in response to allegations made by Pol. Gen. Sereepisuth Temiyawes, leader of the Seri Ruam Thai Party, about lax security protocols.

Sereepisuth recently revealed that he had visited Thaksin twice during his hospital stay on the 14th floor of the 88th Anniversary Maha Bhumibol Adulyadej Building, noting that no prison officers were stationed outside Thaksin's room during his visits on November 14, 2023, and February 10, 2024.

He expressed concerns to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), demanding accountability from the Justice Minister, Director-General of the Department of Corrections, and the Commander of Bangkok Special Prison.

Responding to these claims, Sahakon Petcharin, Director-General of the Department of Corrections, denied any unauthorized visits by Sereepisuth. Justice Minister Pol. Col. Thawee Sodsong reiterated the Ministry's willingness to consider any information provided.

Dr. Sompop Sangkutkaew, Deputy Director-General of the Department of Corrections, affirmed the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for controlling prisoners, adding that there is evidence to support this. "Four prison officers from Bangkok Special Prison are taking turns supervising Thaksin 24 hours a day, with two on duty in the morning and two in the evening," he stated.

This setup aligns with the guideline requiring two officers per prisoner for effective oversight.

Dr. Sompop further clarified that the Department of Corrections provides regular updates on prisoner supervision to their superiors. However, the method of reporting, such as photographs and documentation, is subject to internal policies of individual prisons rather than a centralized mandate from the Department of Corrections.

In light of these developments, Dr. Sompop expressed readiness to cooperate fully with any investigative procedures initiated by the NACC. He emphasized the department's commitment to transparency and adherence to legal processes.

The Corrections Department maintains that they have thoroughly followed all protocols, ensuring the security and supervision of Thaksin while he remains in hospital care. As the investigation continues, all involved parties remain under scrutiny to ensure compliance with established regulations.

Picture courtesy: Daily News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-04

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

The NACC needs to do a financial search for the  guards to ensure no foul play was taken or allowed while Thaksin was there. The guard could have easily been paid off to turn and look the other way. I thought they were supposed to be reviewing cameras from the hospital to see if he was actually there all the time. What happened to that? 

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

what ?

you don't  believe it happened, get back on your meds 

You believe it did?

I remember those blood capsules that where advertised In comic books years ago.

Struth 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I think this was probably the case but was more to keep people out rather than keeping him in. Couldn't have anyone seeing that there was absolutely nothing wrong with him.

Ah, Doctor Dinsdale I presume.

You're analysis that "there was absolutely nothing wrong with him" is based on.....oh wait.....the AN Mr T hate mob 

• Confused 1

Based on there was nothing wrong with him. It was all part of the deal. As for "hate mob" well I for one hate corruption and anyone who orders extrajudicial killings.

Edited by dinsdale

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Is the security there to: -

1. Keep him in.
  2. Keep others from harming him.
  3. Keep him from interfering in politics.
  4. Something else.

You'd have to get in your time capsule and go back to last year to check, when this so called news was actually happening.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

You'd have to get in your time capsule and go back to last year to check, when this so called news was actually happening.

Yeah, skip-reading the OP I assumed (bad move) that he was back inside sorry, in hospital again.

I promise to be more careful in future (I won't be, but it makes me feel better) :whistling:

19 hours ago, sherwood said:

You believe it did?

I remember those blood capsules that where advertised In comic books years ago.

Struth 

i would be speculative about it being real if others were not shot and one died.