North pattaya bus station transfer to hotel?

sanook 1

3 hours ago, sanook 1 said:

If arriving from ekkamai to North pattaya bus station.. Is there a shared transfer/songthaew service that can bring people to hotel(on pratumnak)?

Not without changing baht buses, I don't think. Or privately hiring the baht bus. The route taken would normally be via Sukhumvit Rd then either South Pattaya Rd or Thepprasit Rd. But possibly back down North Pattaya Rd then 3rd rd and up Pratamnak Hill. In theory there's no u turn at the top of North Pattaya Rd.

Try Bolt, or if small luggage, a motorbike taxi.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Yes there is; Take bath bus toward to the beach. At 2nd road switch to Jomtien one.

Jump off at Pratumnak intersection and walk to your hotel.

I got that from here; https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/getting-around-pattaya/

That involves an illegal u turn top of North Pattaya Rd. Still, who cares? Not the cops, for sure. And 2nd Rd is one way north. That will never work.

Sukhumvit/Pattaya Tai or Thepprasit.

OT, but is that car park for motorbikes next to the Bus station still open? Very handy, it looked like it was closing last time I used it a few months ago

And yes just order a Bolt

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Motorbike taxi's are also there.  Last time I took one to my hotel.  I offered 100 baht, she declined, "120, because you're fat".  Fair enough.  

Yup you can agree  but ask for 20 baht off because she is not pretty enough. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Espanol said:

At the station exit there are shared songthaews that take you to your hotel for 50 baht.

The last time I tried that about two months age they had raised their price to 100 baht. I declined and ordered a Bolt car.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2024 at 4:35 PM, novanova said:

No. Just get a Bolt. If that's not on your phone, download it.

What happened to the shared songhtheaw service from the bus station?

You assume that he has a phone capable of using an app thingy. Not all of us do.

Bell Bus includes a van to hotel

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Attraction_Review-g293916-d8706012-Reviews-Bell_Travel_Service-Bangkok.html

On 9/5/2024 at 5:57 PM, Toby1947 said:

Rubbish you ever tried getting a baht bus on Pattaya North Rd. 😂

I used to do it every time. I'd take a baht bus to Dolphin roundabout and there was one waiting on the corner. Could take a long time to fill up, so not if in a rush. I never saw one going the other way though.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 8:27 AM, sanook 1 said:

If arriving from ekkamai to North pattaya bus station.. Is there a shared transfer/songthaew service that can bring people to hotel(on pratumnak)?

Yes, shared from station to wherever folk want, but to Pratumnak better cab,grabor bolt, or contract sole use of a baht bus.

On 9/6/2024 at 12:54 AM, Paul3456 said:

The last time I tried that about two months age they had raised their price to 100 baht. I declined and ordered a Bolt car.

Soooooo, for about the price of a beer from 7 11 you'll use a taxi instead. I'd prefer the reason to be because the songtheaw drivers are rude, pack too many people into their vehicles, won't take you to the actual hotel ( leave you on the main road near the hotel ), take too long etc, but that's just me.

I think the price was 100 baht about 5 years ago, but that could be just my bad memory. In the good old days it was 20 baht from bus station to the hotel.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooooo, for about the price of a beer from 7 11 you'll use a taxi instead. I'd prefer the reason to be because the songtheaw drivers are rude, pack too many people into their vehicles, won't take you to the actual hotel ( leave you on the main road near the hotel ), take too long etc, but that's just me.

I think the price was 100 baht about 5 years ago, but that could be just my bad memory. In the good old days it was 20 baht from bus station to the hotel.

5 yrs ago your memory was better or was it 6 or 8?