Thai Woman Denied Entry to South Korea Over Odd Immigration Query

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Others took a more serious stance, criticising the immigration officers’ line of questioning as excessive and disrespectful.

Loads of posts from foreigners having the same experience trying to enter Thailand.

Karma.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, proton said:

Strange how some people think that prostitution is all Thai women can do

In the absence of real work or education unfortunately that is often the case.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, my wife’s sister and her niece went on the premise of sightseeing for 5 days ( in reality farm work for as long as possible ).

Niece got in, sister got turned around, basically just telling her they didn’t believe she was going for tourism.

Easy answer "shopping, K Pop and Lotte World"

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, proton said:
11 hours ago, nightfox said:

Just a hunch, but I think she was declined due to the high influx of single Thai females flooding South Korea pretending to be tourists and ending up working in the sex trade. 

More often it's farming and factory trade

Correct, but still illegal.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

All over the world..!!

One place got busted in Liverpool, the guy had it on Airbnb but it was full of Thai prostitutes, somebody lost the plot and threw all red paint at the front of the house, 

• Haha 1

Maybe I am missing something here. She was denied entry, because she could not answer questions about her hotel. She never got to the hotel, so how would she be able to answer the questions, if she was never there?

Edited by 7euner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, nightfox said:

Just a hunch, but I think she was declined due to the high influx of single Thai females flooding South Korea pretending to be tourists and ending up working in the sex trade. 

Could easily be that they were asking her a series of questions to gauge her legitimacy as a tourist, with some intended to confuse or amuse, observing her response.

On 9/5/2024 at 8:22 PM, John Drake said:

Upon approaching the gates of heaven, Ronald Reagan, Dwight Eisenhower, and Bill Clinton were told by St. Peter they could easily pass into an eternity of peace, happiness, and glory. Ronald was told he only needed to pass a simple test: spell Cat. Similarly, Ike was informed he need only spell Dog to pass beyond the Pearly Gates. Then, last, St. Peter told BJ Clinton that he, too, could easily enter into paradise. All he had to do was spell one simple word: Albuquerque. 

So why not go back to requiring visas for Thais to save them the time and expense of flying over there, only to be denied entry.

• Confused 1

On 9/5/2024 at 8:53 AM, snoop1130 said:

Her account has drawn attention to broader frustrations among travellers, particularly those from Thailand, who feel unfairly targeted by Korean immigration practices.

this whole story is BS.

approx 150k thai are in SK illegally. this is why you are being treated in such a manner. customs are more than right to rigorously question these women. i am willing to bet they are ordered to scrutinize single thai women even more. they have every right to. don't like it. then don't come.

i don't believe for 1 minute that she is telling the whole story. customs asking those kinds of questions is illogical and irrelevant to the situation. i don't believe those were the questions asked of her either. a certain line of questioning may of led to similar questions like she is saying but i call BS. more than likely she was denied for a number of red flags. without all the information its all speculation on my behalf. but as a trained customs and immigration officer myself.... it doesn't add up.

a video would be great of these situations. the frustrations are coming from those who want to skirt the system. 

• Agree 1

On 9/6/2024 at 2:32 PM, 7euner said:

Maybe I am missing something here. She was denied entry, because she could not answer questions about her hotel. She never got to the hotel, so how would she be able to answer the questions, if she was never there?

They didn't want her ....   that's why the questions she couldn't answer ...  

now you get it     !

• Like 1

The number of illegal Thais (little ghosts) in South Korea has reached a point where Korean officials feel they need to 'control'. It's been a nagging diplomatic issue for a few years now.

Thai travel to South Korea plummets

The Justice Ministry has said it will toughen immigration control as the number of Thai nationals illegally in Korea has tripled in the past 8 years, and now makes up 78 % of all Thais here.

https://www.nationthailand.com/blogs/news/tourism/40038892