Do You Believe: Next year, and the next, will be HOTTER than 2024?

Dear Folks,

I guess almost everyone has heard about WET-BULB temperature, by now. 

And so, what do you think?

Do you think you will be able to survive, in Thailand, when next year turns out to be even hotter than this year?

And, in case next year turns out to be an anomaly, and 2025 might be cooler than 2024, then what about 2026?

If you don't know about wet-bulb temp, then you ought to learn something about it, and concerning the effects of working outside, just in case you plan to dig any ditches....during the Hot Season.

Fortunately for me, I never go outside, other than walking in the Noonday Sun....for only about an hour, or so.

And, nobody forces me to, but it's done of my own free will.

I am convinced, due to what little that I have read, that Big TIPPING Points are in the offing.

And, I have already prepared myself, somewhat.

For example, I have doubled the BTU cooling capacity of my house.

And, probably, I will add a few solar panels, just to lower the cost of cooling my house, though I will not add any battery storage.

Someday soon, most of us will no longer wish to go out in the daytime hours.....well...maybe....

Except for me.

However, when I return home, I will have my ACs...simply.....BLASTING....!

I do not care what it might cost....

But, when I return home, I want my house to be as cool as a SEVEN, and then some.....like...about....

19 degrees C.

Right now, just for my small house, I have over 60,000 BTU of cooling ...and....

Bayby I ain't Foolin'....

Way down deep in side....

I need cooling......

Humans were never adapted to live in our world today...and....

I guess you have also already realized this.

I could say more.

But...

Do I really need to?

I am not worried for this year, since we made it through.

I am only a bit concerned for increasing temps next year, and the next five years.

I will remain here, no matter HOW HOT it gets....

Just as long as I have enough available energy to keep my HEAT-PUMPS working....NON-STOP, 24/7/365.

So then, what do you think....?

When will Thailand become too hot for you???

Thailand, some have said, has been too hot for them...though never for me.

Yet...I can see it in the wind...

Thailand will, someday soon...be too hot for just about anyone, ...unless.....they are.....

TALL and THIN....

In order to better radiate body heat, of course.

Are you tall and thin?

or

Are you short and fat?

because

This does make a difference.

Thinking of you....

Gamma

NOTE4:  So, how much longer, if you are younger, do you think you can live in Thailand, as temps climb ever-higher?

Good Question!

My answer, for now, is to just Add Coolin'

I will had BTUs....as many as required, for as long as I can, before....maybe...

The grid is unable to supply any more watts.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

AC not the only answer, very expensive compared to other options.  Eat & drink a lot of cold food & beverages including iced drinks/ice cream, stay in shade, grow enough vegetation around your house to provide shade to reduce warmth to maximum possible for ambient conditions (also reduces electricity bill) - reduction may be around 2-3 degrees on average.  If you can afford it, get solar panels & batteries, as many as you can afford. Use fans until you actually need AC.

Caveat: I like the heat so seldom use AC - coming from Glasgow, I really like the heat.  I fully realise that some really dislike excessive heat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MarkBR said:

AC not the only answer, very expensive compared to other options.  Eat & drink a lot of cold food & beverages including iced drinks/ice cream, stay in shade, grow enough vegetation around your house to provide shade to reduce warmth to maximum possible for ambient conditions (also reduces electricity bill) - reduction may be around 2-3 degrees on average.  If you can afford it, get solar panels & batteries, as many as you can afford. Use fans until you actually need AC.

Caveat: I like the heat so seldom use AC - coming from Glasgow, I really like the heat.  I fully realise that some really dislike excessive heat.

I operate the ACs nonstop to keep humidity at or below 50 percent.

I like heat, during Hot Season.

But, cannot stand humidity.

And, as I mentioned, average humidity is rising.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Heat is just one way that nature is culling the pesky humans that are destroying the planet.

When Hannibal crossed the alps the mountains were snow free. People have always adapted to climate, they even live in the Amazon jungle and lived during the ice ages. Harvests will change although man's ingenuity knows no bounds, there are now flood resistent and heat resistent rice strains 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

No because we finished with the ENSO positive (El Niño Southern Oscillation) ... Last year when they asked this question (it might've been you) I said 2024 will be the hottest and that I might see 43C in my area. And sure thing I saw 43C a few times from April 20 until it finally cooled off with the arrivals of the rain on May 6th. 2025 with ENSO negative will not reach quite as high. It might hit 40-41C in my area maybe 42C. 

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I operate the ACs nonstop to keep humidity at or below 50 percent.

I like heat, during Hot Season.

But, cannot stand humidity.

And, as I mentioned, average humidity is rising.

You can buy dehumidifiers for that.

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Only problem is that it's culling those that aren't hurting the earth.

Humans hurt the environment/ecosystem... the planet itself? lol Don't give us so much credit... we are incapable of such power (To actually physically destroy the "real" planet) I just find it funny when people say we are destroying the Earth (And I know what they mean), just saying.

5 hours ago, retarius said:

This climate stuff is baloney. What's happening is that the sun is moving closer to the earth year by year. Every so often it tries to fool us by moving back to make it colder for a few months. 

When the end of the sun's life approaches it will expand till it burns the Earth to a crisp. That'll really give the luvies something to complain about.

2 minutes ago, JGon said:

Humans hurt the environment/ecosystem... the planet itself? lol Don't give us so much credit... we are incapable of such power (To actually physically destroy the "real" planet) I just find it funny when people say we are destroying the Earth (And I know what they mean), just saying.

What they mean is that we are destroying the ability of the planet to support humanity. They think the planet cares about the insignificant species running around on the surface, or at least in their minds humans are important LOL.

IMO the planet is treating us like an ant biting us, and you know how we treat an ant that bites us.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What they mean is that we are destroying the ability of the planet to support humanity. They think the planet cares about the insignificant species running around on the surface, or at least in their minds humans are important LOL.

IMO the planet is treating us like an ant biting us, and you know how we treat an ant that bites us.

Well life treats all living beings the same way since 99.9% of all species that ever existed are extinct. Will we be intelligent enough to get past that "barrier"? Collectively as a species... I believe we are not.😅  

Just now, JGon said:

Well life treats all living beings the same way since 99.9% of all species that ever existed are extinct. Will we be intelligent enough to get past that "barrier"? Collectively as a species... I believe we are not.😅  

IMO not a snowball's chance in hell. No species can survive if it destroys it's environment. Anyway, we are breeding ourselves into extinction ( at the same time as governments are calling for more children- seems the horde is not an acceptable substitute for our tribe ).

13 minutes ago, JGon said:

Cutting down trees by the millions does damage, and this has been done for a very long time. Burning oil and gasoline also does damage. Over harvesting the ocean does damage. Much of this is due to over population. All by people.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

In Thailand it's depending of El Nino and La Nina. La Nina brings cooler and wetter weather. This year was El Nino, the coming period is expected to be La Nina, according to the Thai met-experts.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

When Hannibal crossed the alps the mountains were snow free. People have always adapted to climate, they even live in the Amazon jungle and lived during the ice ages. Harvests will change although man's ingenuity knows no bounds, there are now flood resistent and heat resistent rice strains 

We could adopt because there where no borders 🧐

Several times in the history humans was close to go extinct 

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We could adopt because there where no borders 🧐

Several times in the history humans was close to go extinct 

Yes, no borders but no means of transport either and they didn't know whether it was any better elsewhere, it took several generations just to move a few hundred kilometers, following herd movements. Today adaptions will be by means of technology. In Alice Springs in Australia the Opel miners  built homes underground, it is also possible to build underwater cities, if that were to become necessary mankind would obviously be thinned out as would many species of mammals. Strangely enough it is now thought that several species of dinosaur survived thousands of years, maybe a million, after the extinction event, life isn't so easily wiped out, sentient beings are the only thing giving qualia to the universe.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Yes, no borders but no means of transport either and they didn't know whether it was any better elsewhere, it took several generations just to move a few hundred kilometers, following herd movements. Today adaptions will be by means of technology. In Alice Springs in Australia the Opel miners  built homes underground, it is also possible to build underwater cities, if that were to become necessary mankind would obviously be thinned out as would many species of mammals. Strangely enough it is now thought that several species of dinosaur survived thousands of years, maybe a million, after the extinction event, life isn't so easily wiped out, sentient beings are the only thing giving qualia to the universe.

There will be conflicts and wars and desperation, not same as when human populations or tribes was at 100 000 more or less world wide. 

I have kids, so I really do not care, but surprised people are not willing to see, understand simple mechanics and physics and how humans do have an impact on local enviroment and globally. 

It will be a disaster like we closing our eyes for some places  in Africa. 

However I have no hopes humans will be able to solve these problems in time

IMO the north of Thailand is one of the sweet spots for avoiding the worst effects of global warming and climate change.

OTOH, places such as outback Australia, the Philippines and Florida/ California had better look out, because it is only going to get worse.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO not a snowball's chance in hell. No species can survive if it destroys it's environment. Anyway, we are breeding ourselves into extinction ( at the same time as governments are calling for more children- seems the horde is not an acceptable substitute for our tribe ).

As in we are not having enough kids or the opposite (Too many). Because it's actually the first (We're not having enough kids).