Frenchman arrested in Krabi for eight-year visa overstay

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Lopburikid said:

Here we go the Gods Children, condemning everyone while at the same time,. frequenting bars with girls or ladyboys for sale, drinking while drunk (2 beers). riding  without a helmet. Drinking on Buddhist holidays. Paying agents to do their visa. Remember God's Children......Let he who as not sinned, cast the first stone.

Hmmm...

Not going to bars. Not driving drunk, and always wear a helmet. Buddhist holidays does not concern me. Have enough money for my visa, so no need any agent.

What more will you come up with, or were you just reflecting your own situation?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Cops/Immigration should have better things to occupy themselves with.

Immigration is paid to occupy itself with immigration. Why should overstay be permitted? How's that working for the USA and UK?

6 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Minor things like murder, rape, extortion  (sorry, can't really investigate yourselves), etc. 

Seeing headlines about arrests and investigations all the time. You read the Thai papers or watch Thai news?

5 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

If a newly arrived immigrant who often does not speak the same language and most likely no college degree can steal your job, then what type of Job did you have ?

Most of the people complaining about migrants taking their jobs are on the dole and don't want to work anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"People commit illegal acts"

Such as illegal entry.   You also used the phrase "legal worker", surely then, there can be no such thing as a "legal" worker as people commit legal acts?

Yes,  entering a country without authorization is usually considered to be an unlawful or illegal act.

Where did I use the phrase "legal worker"? I do not see it. I believe that I had used the term  legal and undocumented  labour.   The labour being an activity that was authorized as in documented with appropriate taxes retained and filings made. For example, activity undertaken  by people with a work visa.  Undocumented labour is activity that is not documented, as in permitted.

3 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

Here we go the Gods Children, condemning everyone while at the same time,. frequenting bars with girls or ladyboys for sale, drinking while drunk (2 beers). riding  without a helmet. Drinking on Buddhist holidays. Paying agents to do their visa. Remember God's Children......Let he who as not sinned, cast the first stone.

Its ok now,  Bob left already, or did he?

11 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

8 years, did the computer system not alert them to a holiday visitor over staying?

that "system" is not a Marvel's Jarvis. Just huge and very unstable database. Every day they pray it won't crush. 

• Agree 1

I'm not sure what's more remarkable the fact that he managed to pull this off for 8 years, or the fact that he most likely never left the country for 8 years. What a lifestyle, boring beyond imagination. One cannot even begin to imagine a life that is that stifling, get out and see the world for God's sake, life is short. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I'm not sure what's more remarkable the fact that he managed to pull this off for 8 years, or the fact that he most likely never left the country for 8 years. What a lifestyle, boring beyond imagination. One cannot even begin to imagine a life that is that stifling, get out and see the world for God's sake, life is short. 

He might have went to phi phi a lot.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

If a newly arrived immigrant who often does not speak the same language and most likely no college degree can steal your job, then what type of Job did you have ?

Until the end of the decade everyone will lose his job to AI, no matter what degrees you hold. Better learn to relax on Krabi beaches. 

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess that in his case, money was also short... 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I've met overstayers who were murderers.

There's always one... wanting to put all people in boxes

You 'claim' to know many murderers, are you part of the "do you know who i am" brigade?

8 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

Good point, there was a UK, TV/YouTube program/series about people on the dole who were complaining about 'people stealing jobs I forget the title now, but, they were saying they couldn't get a job, but newly arrived could, the point was they would not take jobs they considered to 'low' for them, min. wage  etc. so they took them and got them jobs, like serving coffee, flipping burgers, shelf stacking.....they ended up with full time jobs.

But yes anybody can buy land or property in UK, just pay the cash and it's yours, which does put the price of property up. Thaksin is just one of them.

59 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

the fact that he most likely never left the country for 8 years. What a lifestyle, boring beyond imagination. One cannot even begin to imagine a life that is that stifling, get out and see the world for God's sake, life is short. 

It might surprise you but Some of us have already seen the world, I'm done with traveling, I haven't left for20yrs and have no intension of doing so. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You know the Frenchman's background and history, do you? 

Where did i say i know his history, i mentioned comparing an old man on overstay to a murderer is an unfair comparrison, perhaps you never understood that, are you French?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Illegal immigrants in America have taken the jobs that used to be worked by teenagers, elderly forced out of retirement, the working poor and various troubled people with family problems, mental disorders, drug addictions etc... because they work harder for less.

So you're basically dunking on the least fortunate people in society and kids trying to making a few bucks going through school. Are you proud of yourself?

Sounds like a weird orange man dialogue full of falsehoods. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

At his age, he could have been enjoying a French pension netting between €1,200-1,400 per months.

I suspect the reason for his over-overstay is because he is wanted in France, has huge debts, or plenty of alimony & childcare expenses -or likely all of the above.

Not necessarily guilty of debts etc. I remember a very nice gentleman in Phuket, who came and stayed, as many of you did. Then eventually hit a hard spot, run out of money, whatever, lived in a room, etc

Don’t know  what happened to him, he was well liked . Now in Jomtien,you see many men like that, living from day to day. Cheap rooms, and some have their Thai wives or girlfriends, older ladies. Every evening down on the beach wall for sunset, having a Chang and a chat.

im sure that there are many like that in Thailand and every where else. Lovely song from Charles Aznavour, Emmenez moi , «  the misery is not so hard in the sun »  describes exactly why there are so many poorer expats in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, PeachCH said:

As an agent can do the one year retirement visa without any money requirements, don't understand why falangs living in Thailand for many years, still obviously don't know. 

It all comes down to intentions really.  If he intended to stay in Thailand, then the easiest way is to get yourself a local girl and marry her.  Then you get yourself a married man's visa.  Avoid bargirls for this and go for someone a little older who is not looking to fleece you.

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:
9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You know the Frenchman's background and history, do you? 

Where did i say i know his history, i mentioned comparing an old man on overstay to a murderer is an unfair comparrison, perhaps you never understood that, are you French?

Well. you suggested that you knew his background by saying that comparing him to a murderer was like comparing apples and oranges, to make that claim you must know something about him.   What if that old man is a murderer also?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Poor sod. Looks like some rat ratted him out. 

Cops/Immigration should have better things to occupy themselves with. Minor things like murder, rape, extortion  (sorry, can't really investigate yourselves), etc. 

Immigration police enforce immigration laws. People on here are always complaining enforce the laws but when they do they complain do not they have something better to do. Why did it take this long to bust this guy

7 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Where did I use the phrase "legal worker"? I do not see it. I believe that I had used the term  legal and undocumented  labour. 

For you to acknowledge the existence of legal (and illegal, undocumented) labour you must also acknowledge that there must be legal (and illegal, undocumented) workers.  Without workers (labourers) there cannot be labour.