I need some repellent in Thailand 

Will pepper spray work ??

What do you suggest??

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Bleach in a small bottle with chilli

Neighbors will go nuts "enjoying" non-stop hauling and whining from blind and severed dying dogs for weeks.

Please have some mercy.

PS: I don't like them either, but such a torture... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have been scared of dogs since I was attacked in Isaan many years ago 

A pack of dogs 

For some reason dogs hate me 

They start barking at me when owners walk their dogs in the park where I live 

I like to walk but sometimes go down sois in Thailand where dogs are 

What do you suggest??

It's working

Absolutely not.

If a dog attacks you.....properly attacks you......... the only two things that will save you are a knife and/or a gun.

I carry a telescopic baton and an OTF knife. 

The baton might just scare a dog away, but if it attacks you need to seriously injure it or kill it.

• Agree 1

Yes it will. But I am always carrying a stick in my hand when walking. The dogs do understand that and keep a distance. They know what that stick means and they do NOT like pain. 😄

I also bring some dog snacks that I give them. After that they suddenly become friendly and never bark on me again! Ps. those dogs will never forget you, so keep them happy now and then. Thats how easy it is.

Edited by harryviking
  • Agree 1

When I see a group of dogs here, I’ve been down like I’m picking up a rock and it’s like they know that I have a rock in my hand. They think they do and they always run away or carry a big stick or better yet if you see a bunch of dogs roaming around the street don’t walk on that street. Don’t be cruel to animals. TIT

I use my backpack as a shield when dog packs attack me, as they growl, bark and attempt to angrily bite at my legs. This usually confuses them just enough for me to get out of their territory.

As a daily walker most dogs appear sleepy and docile.  But out of the blue they will turn aggressive for no apparent reason.  So now I know all the dog pack territories on my walk and give them a wide berth crossing to the opposite side of the street.

When a new alpha dog takes over a pack they are especially aggressive protecting their new territory. By tbe police box on pratumnak hill a new alpha dog took over forcing all the knowing pedestrians to walk in the busy street.  The new alpha dog has aggresively attacked me about 10 times in the last few months forcing me to arm myself with deadly weapons should he continue.

• Like 1

I know it's widely available, and I used to carry it when I worked in Bangkok.  But is pepper spray legal on LOS?   There are lots of products sold in the wide open light of day that are actually illegal in Thailand.

I'd hate to be on the Thai news with my face blurred, pointing at my can of pepper spray, and the headline reads "Netizens condemn foreigner for torturing local dogs with illegal pepper spray".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So many dog haters here, incredible 

Go home Thailand is not for you, go home

Said it many times before, never had problems with dogs, so it is you, not the dogs there is a problem with.

Maybe start educating yourself if you have serious problems, how to handle stray dogs, or move to places where it not a problem?

• Sad 7
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

This is not a pissing contest, who is stronger than the other, this is sbout people who do not handle dogs, do not understand how dogs act,  and want to harm dogs because they are afraid. 

If it is such a problem, educate yourself how to avoid being a target. Just simple things will ease your walks, and dogs starts to be happy to see you instead of scaring the deleted out of you. 

After 40 years in this country I still have to come across a "friendly happy" pack of stray dogs; got attacked and bitten twice with tetanus and rabies vaccinations to follow. You want dogs, then have dogs and take care of them. All the rest a nothing but yet another evidence of carelessness of today's society. As non-vegetarians I also note, that in Northeastern Thailand, Laos and Vietnam they serve dog meat - I might not order it but meat is meat and the rest happens in people's imagination. Pattaya is full of those dog lovers and shelters and strangely enough the biggest problem with stray dogs is ..... also in Pattaya. 

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

After 40 years in this country I still have to come across a "friendly happy" pack of stray dogs; got attacked and bitten twice with tetanus and rabies vaccinations to follow. You want dogs, then have dogs and take care of them. All the rest a nothing but yet another evidence of carelessness of today's society. As non-vegetarians I also note, that in Northeastern Thailand, Laos and Vietnam they serve dog meat - I might not order it but meat is meat and the rest happens in people's imagination. Pattaya is full of those dog lovers and shelters and strangely enough the biggest problem with stray dogs is ..... also in Pattaya. 

At least we agree on one point, the people is the problem, not the dogs! 

If you haven't learned how to deal with stray dogs in 40 years, I feel sorry for you, really

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Hummin said:

So many dog haters here, incredible 

Go home Thailand is not for you, go home

Said it many times before, never had problems with dogs, so it is you, not the dogs there is a problem with.

Maybe start educating yourself if you have serious problems, how to handle stray dogs, or move to places where it not a problem?

We are trying to westernize ,what can become  a nuisance !

The young Thai lady in my house says

Thai’s are very ignorant & selfish when it comes to their “pets behavior “

Example one of the neighbors 

at a Thai condo would leave for work and tie her dog to the fence of her car park resulting in the constant barking and crying all day long until she got home!

Thais don’t usually confront others so , this continued for days until someone called the police!

Eventually the dog disappeared!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Absolutely not.

If a dog attacks you.....properly attacks you......... the only two things that will save you are a knife and/or a gun.

I carry a telescopic baton and an OTF knife. 

The baton might just scare a dog away, but if it attacks you need to seriously injure it or kill it.

where did you buy your baton, was looking on lazada and only find flag post holder... banned item?

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have been scared of dogs since I was attacked in Isaan many years ago 

A pack of dogs 

For some reason dogs hate me 

They start barking at me when owners walk their dogs in the park where I live 

I like to walk but sometimes go down sois in Thailand where dogs are 

What do you suggest??

Apparently duct taping them works.

• Haha 1